Predictions

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Swann is not going to be a factor in this series, look how well he did last time Australia played England, what did he take, 11 wickets at 47 or something?
The only way Swann is going to take 20 or 30 wickets is if he bowls 3000 overs, takes the new ball, and bowls from both ends to a spiritless and unmotivated Pakistan and West Indies lineup who have long since given up the will to fight.

Its not wise to compare Swann of the last Ashes to now. Since Swann has quiet clearly imporved immensely in each series since the 2009 Ashes.

I expect Swann to have a similar series to what he did in South Africa last winter.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Once Hilfenhaus/Bollinger/Johnson/Harris or Siddle are fully fit bowling together. You have potentially the most lethal bowling attack in the world

Plus even if you want to bring him in to talk about overall attack strenght. I cannot see how you would rate Anderson/Braod/Finn/Swann over Hilfenahaus/Bollinger/Johnson/Harris, as a better bowling group capable of taking 20 wickets in most/all conditions.

In English conditions yes, but anywhere else i'd take the Aussie bowling line-up.

Australia will win 2-1 or 3-1, there is not enough cloud cover in Australia for England's attack to be a success.
Once again England come here with inflated averages, full of hope, then get flogged, and go back home and take another 4 years to undo the damage we did to their stats.
Don't forget England only just won the ashes last time, and that was at Home, they got lucky with the draws and the rain too.
Flop of the series...Anderson.
Bell and Cook may struggle too.
Pietersen will have a big series, he is motivated for this one, and that means a lot, his poor form has only been due to the lack of motivation due to the constant grind of international cricket.
As for Australia, we have good depth in our pace attack, and good but unspectacular batsmen.
Bollinger will have a big series, he's probably the best bowler in the world at the moment, but it will just take a while for the stats to prove it.

Its getting to that time of year again. Reeling out old posts to childishly say "I told you so" or giggling at the most inept predictions.

So, I told you so. *Runs away giggling manically*

P

pcfan123

tbh most English fans also thought they were going to loose. It has been more than a quarter century since they were successful down under.

One stereotype I am glad is over is the whole "Anderson is crap outside of English conditions"

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
- I reckon Swann will have an average series overall wise, but he will pick up a bag of wickets at certain times, hopefully it all comes in vain, but I doubt we would get on top of him forever.

Watson will look great all series, but won't have the scores to back it up with.

I think there is quite rightly pessimism over the Australian bowling line up. You've got an ineffective spinner, Johnson who can spray it all over the place, Siddle likewise at times and struggling with match time/fitness, add Harris and Bollinger with fitness doubts and that leaves you with Hilfy who looks like he'll be solid if not spectacular.

I'm alot happier with the English attack as its settled for starters and there aren't any injury worries.

And a time to smugly grin to your self if you've got a few right.

----------

This is usually better when we have a load of predictions, Planetcricket just doesn't pull in the numbers it use to. :(

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
tbh most English fans also thought they were going to loose. It has been more than a quarter century since they were successful down under.

I was always backing us to at least draw it possibly sneak it. Never could have seen Australia fall to pieces in two tests being thrashed by an innings though.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Its getting to that time of year again. Reeling out old posts to childishly say "I told you so" or giggling at the most inept predictions.

So, I told you so. *Runs away giggling manically*

Oh. Well i dont think anything different ATS. Still believe AUS 4-man pace attack has the ability to be the most lethal in world in most conditions if they get their consistency going. Although a SA attack of Steyn/Morkel/De Wet/Tahir/Kallis will be better due to the presence of variety in having a quality spinner.

AUS bowlers haven't bowled to potential expect for Perth & ENGs pace attack (especially Bresnan & Finn to a degree) has surprised me. ENG also have gotten very helpul overhead conditions all series. Something which was not expected.

Users who are viewing this thread