[Preseason] July 28th: Stump Smashers vs. Willow Wanderers

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Gfx.aspx

Stump Smashers vs. Willow Wanderers at The Centenary Stadium, July 28, 2010 | PCCL

8_1.png
8_2.png

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice to have the midday slot, as people may have seen the team has already been set with the hopes of a 3rd easy win!

Pranav

ICC Board Member
As the game has been preponed, I've set the lineup for tomorrow's match now itself. :)

Iridium comes in for AngryPixel. I've requested Sohum to change Aussie Team into a spinner, if the change is completed before the match time, he'll be a part of the playing XI and Dutchy will be rested for the match. :)

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I guess it is. Look here: prepone - Meaning from Word of the Day

Or Just click here.

Pranav added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

The word 'prepone' is found in The New Oxford Dictionary of English, published 1998. It is listed as being Indian (from India) and is defined as: to bring forward to an earlier date or time. Example given: The publication date has been preponed from July to June.

Some history about the word.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Awesome. Feeling refreshed after my break. Back to score some runs. Got to keep our winning streak alive.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Got to keep our winning streak alive.

Streak? We've only won one match yet! :p

Hopefully this will be our second win. :)

Pranav added 4 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

@Mark: I guess it depends from place to place then. Here in India, the dictionary that is trusted the most is Oxford's. It states 'prepone' as a word. Whereas, many other dictionaries don't. It is sort of similar to the word 'colour' which is spelt as 'color' in your part of the world.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Yea wrong word. But still you know what I mean. We got to keep winning and we will.

Users who are viewing this thread