FOOTBALL Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but early reports from other people are that it is actually very good and tempting people to switch over if FIFA doesn't deliver.

Game on?

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
i saw some comments from some people that crossing and passing are not good enough. :( i hope pes13 gameplay will not turn on to the pes12 gameplay :noway

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
My views so far:

OK - first game with controls I can use.

First off: is it a good game? Yes. The passing is nice and crisp, I can see an element of 'First Touch' in there (if Fifa 13's is similar, then they've got it spot on). I do think the ball feels a bit too 'light'. Am I having fun? Yes. Is this the best PES in recent years? Hell yes.

Presentation is magnificent, as usual - celebrations miles ahead of Fifa 12 (Fifa 13 has supposedly done work in that area, we will see). However, I don't like the sound of kicking the ball - it's always been a bit off in PES - Fifa nailed it years ago - and I don't like that you can hear every tiny touch of the ball when knocking it forwards.

Some slightly odd options in the menus - auto passing? No, I want to control how the ball is passed - ditto auto shooting. Having said that, the options to customise the amount of assistance you can get is top notch - finally there's an option to stop the AI going into a suicide-o-tackle and costing you a penalty!

OK, I've been trying to get used to this, but it's just annoying me - I've changed the shoot and cross buttons round, but that's also changed X and B around in the menus as well. Konami, you need to see this is sorted out in the full game, because if anyone who is used to Fifa decides to buy this, they're bound to change the controls the way I have, and having 'reversed controls' in menus will begin to grate before too long.

Just noticed that it shows injury time properly. EA?

When playing in Broadcast mode, the camera snaps to a closeup of the player under your control, usually when they're running against another player. Interesting idea - I think it'd work better with a slower zoom, rather than a snap effect - and I'd want an off button in case it got annoying or did it at inconvenient times. This could be a really good feature, it's especially helpful in crossing situations, but it does have a tendency to disorientate sometimes when snapping to a player. Tweak this feature a bit Konami, and it could be really good.

The keeper's throws are messed up. They go up high, like a goalkick - that needs looking at - it's like they're going in the right direction and then suddenly the ball glitches upwards.

The sound when the ball hits the post is awful. In fact the sound in general isn't convincing me. There are two main problems. One, the fans sound like Japanese fans trying to be England fans, it doesn't work. Two and most importantly: once again, Konami have banned away fans from games? Why? If you can't hear both sets of fans, where's the atmosphere?

The little arrows when pressing LT, I think it is - to send players on directed runs? I like it - and I'd like it in Fifa 13 - but I would introduce a bit of a random element to it; after all players don't always go on the run being suggested by team mates, do they?

Heading is a bit strange. On more than one occasion, it looks as though the ball never touched the player's head and headers from goalkicks don't go straight up in the air like they do in Fifa (and older PES games) so you get decent aerial battles. All things that can be worked on - this is the first demo.

To put things in perspective so far, I'd uninstalled PES 10, 11 and 12 demos by now. This is a considerable improvement - but I doubt it'll be enough for me to only buy PES. There's a very good chance I'll get it for BaL though.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
i downloaded this demo and played it i feel this shot accuary and shot power has been improved but not this dribbling :mad it same like pes12 dribbling :mad pes11 dribbling was superb

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Not at all impressed by the game. Won't be buying it or trying any further demos.

Still reckon the passing feels more fluid though and as with all PES games, the ball has more of a weight to it than in FIFA.

In FIFA IMO, manual passing is an overkill, and assisted is boring. I like how PES has four levels of passing assistance. Allows you to have more fun in a passing game, FIFA is too much beating your man and outpacing the opponent on assisted passing.

Also thought the shooting was real nice and some of the animations are top notch. The likenesses are pretty good, but not mind blowing by any means.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i downloaded this demo and played it i feel this shot accuary and shot power has been improved but not this dribbling :mad it same like pes12 dribbling :mad pes11 dribbling was superb

Tried out the new system? It was funny though.

Bevab

Staff Member
Has anybody tried out the second demo?

From what I can gather, the reviews are mainly negative, claiming it to be a repeat of PES 12 gameplay.

Bevab

Staff Member
Yep, just asking if anybody has tried it out on the consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread