Problem with one of the D/L site's BLC patches - Help!

Beery

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
[color=#000000:post_uid12]I'm trying to use Aamir Saddiqi's World Cup '99 one-day kit patches for Brian Lara Cricket. I'm having some difficulty getting the Pakistan patch to work properly. The program seems to be having problems with the Pjaus.tim file (the one for the fielders in Pak/MSkinBowlers/PJ/tim) - every time I use
that file, the game crashes to desktop, and when I remove it and replace it with the original file it works great (but of course I don't get the nice PJs for the fielders). It's strange because there's no problem with the same exact file being used for the batsmen or the wicket keeper. Is anyone aware of this problem? If so, do you know of a fix?

Thanks,

Ian.

P.S. Is there a '99 kit patch for the lesser teams
(Bangladesh/Holland/Ireland/Kenya/Scotland/UAE)?
::letdown::[/color]

Beery

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I found the problem - too many invisible pixels were causing the program to not recognise the file.

I've been looking through some of these unofficial graphics patches and I have to say that while some patches are good, the quality of a lot of them is kinda lacking. Many have problems such as invisible areas and fluorescent pixels which cause the game to look amateurish. Of course the graphics of the game in its original form are not much better, and the state of technology back in 1999 when the game was released doesn't help. Still, I can't believe that 3 years of work by a devoted community has not produced a comprehensive patch that addresses some of the graphics issues with the game.

Anyway, I'm going to work on my own comprehensive patch for BLC '99. I have extensive experience in this area (take a look at my website for details), so if anyone has suggestions, lists of players, or photos of kits/stadiums for the years 1999 to 2003, please let me know. Hopefully by the time my patch is finished there will still be some people playing the game.

Right now I'm working on the 1999 season. I need stadium photos, kit photos, and details of any players who took part in the 1999 season, but who are missing from the game. Also, please let me know which are the better patches for various aspects of the game, as I'd like to incorporate them into the patch (with an acknowledgement to the respective authors of course).

Users who are viewing this thread