BLC Tech problem - please help me! - Crashing/hanging

A

Anonymous

Thanks for reading this. Used to play BLC on my old Voodoo 3 desktop - it ran fine and is a great game. Got a new laptop - Dell Pentium 3 1Ghz, 256mb ram, GeForce 2 Go (laptop version of Geforce 2 but identical and compatible with normal version), and an ESS Maestro soundcard. Operating system is Windows ME.

I've tried installing the game under both standard and maximum settings, and when i run the game the intro loads fine with sound etc. The menus come up fine, though no sound and then when i try to practice or play, the loading screen comes up and then after some loading time and hard disk activity, the screen goes black as if to start the game and then i'm pretty sure the resolution changes to 640x480 due to a momentary appearance of the cursor. However, the game just hangs on a black blank screen with no cursor. I've tried all graphics options at launch except 3dfx and i've tried turning the sound off - all have the same problem. I've tried numerous re-installs and have the patch installed as well.

I have all of the latest drivers for my sound card and video card (all Microsoft certified). I've even tried starting the game at 16bpp @ 640x480, but this makes no difference. Could anyone help me, since I can no longer play this great game at all and Codemasters tech support are ignoring me!

If you can help me, or need more info about my system, please post asap - imagine if you could no longer play BLC ever again!

Thank you very much.

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone - I managed to get the game running - it now runs in every single mode (except 3dfx pf course!). Great. However, there is no sound after the videos, not in the menus or in the game, despite the settings being on etc. Any help now to help me get that final bit fixed would be great, then I can start using these great utils and mods that you guys are creating!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Managed to get the sound sorted now as well! I just get that annoying line down the middle of the pitch now - I can live with that if there is now fix for it though.

How can I bump up the resolution from 640x480 with my Geforce 2 card?

blchuzzy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I got the same problem! I got a Dell Desktop 1.7ghz! No sound at all on menus! How did u fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread