Problematic Newbies-Many Plagiarising And Using Text-Speak

Gary123

School Cricketer
I have noticed in the recent past there are many new members who just come up and post with text speak inspite of telling them constantly...............Also there are many releasing the edited stuffs of somebody's without their permission and just have got away with that....

I am aware that we all were newbies at some spot but we followed the rules after we were told to do so...............

Can't something be done on these ever-growing issues?????

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wasn't this posted somewhere before as well ? Or am I just experiencing major deja vu ?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mate as in old thread i said that moderators seeing it and concentrating on it and there are many warnings given to youngsters and they understand also but the youngster which come new to pc and plagrise is little bit bad but moderators are great they are seeing it not only moderators staff member adminstrators so i will say that this site is fully protected by some great members:)

Gary123

School Cricketer
i think one way which i can think is that how posts of some members require the approval of mods so that way new threads should also require approval of the mods so that they can see what the thread is about and what it contains??
Can this be done??

Gary123 added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

I always have suggestion but I am sure RHM will not accept it.

i think you meant WHM btw you can tell your suggestion Rahul if it helps PC

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I always have suggestion but I am sure RHM will not accept it.
I likely won't, especially if it isn't thought through. You are welcome to try though, send a PM if you don't want to have it public.

Unless someone can think of how better to approach it, there isn't much we can do. There are obviously things the staff are looking at in this regard, as we are constantly discussing things to do with how the forums are going, but a complaint without any suggestion for improvement is useless.

Can this be done??
That's what currently happens to new members.

Gary123

School Cricketer
I likely won't, especially if it isn't thought through. You are welcome to try though, send a PM if you don't want to have it public.

Unless someone can think of how better to approach it, there isn't much we can do. There are obviously things the staff are looking at in this regard, as we are constantly discussing things to do with how the forums are going, but a complaint without any suggestion for improvement is useless.

That's what currently happens to new members.

what does this mean Matt?

D

Deleted member 11215

You're complaining but your arguement has loads of .......... ??? in. How are we supposed to take your argument seriously?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
New members are automatically placed on mod preview until they accumulate a certain number of posts. So we do see posts made by new users and have the opportunity to communicate to them how to post. However, thereafter they can post what they want. It is not possible for the mod team to look at every single post posted in every single thread, so one thing that would help is for the forum members to report anything that they consider to be against the rules. This would make our job a lot easier!

Users who are viewing this thread