PS2 patching

mndl632

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
can any of the graphics patches be used with the ps2 version of the game, read the faq didn't see anything mentioned about patching console versions of the game.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
yh i was wonderin that but i dont think it can be. i was winderin if it can with Max Drive or any of them so is anyone certain u cant patch it and how come?

mndl632

School Cricketer
i know the only thing you can do with max drive is update the rosters but patching for kits etc would have to be done by editing the main files on the disc, would be good to know if anyone has had any luck doing this.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
wow the roster can be done never knew that. but can anyone tell us how to edit main files?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
guys guess wot just for ecperiment i put my Cricket 2004 in my PC then i went to the E Drive and it had folders lik data and stuff i went in the data theres a file called CRICKET.GOB but wen i tried to extract it it sed there is a invalid header but this is cricket 04 and plus there was a option to write all files on CD anyone kno anything bout this on how to edit the PS2 gob please help cheers

hey i put my Cricket 05 CD in my PC and it let me extract al the files now just need to kno how to put them in game

oh and wen i took the Aus kit just to see if it works i changed the ssh file to fsh then opened it with Fshed and it was a bunch of odd lookin letters

SAFC

School Cricketer
Well if the PS2 files are similar format to the PC then it will work. Only downside is that you will need a chipped PS2 as the burned DVD's will not boot.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
another problem to the files wen turned to fsh and the opened in fshed dont look lik PC ones there all numbers and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread