Question about Cr

ramiz_fahad

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i wanna know as if i had joined a club and iam playin a match and my player's batting order is 6th in the match and when the match is started the lite is gone coz here is a lil electricity problem and after 1 hour four players are out and my positios woz 6th so my question is that bcoz of dat 1hour gap am i in still in dat match or not

Rafey

Mindstorm Studios Representative
Your role is not restricted to that of just one batsman in Cricket Revolution. You have to bat for all of your players. If there is a power outage, you get disconnected from the game as the system takes it as an abandoned match on your part.

Clubs are a group of people, and each person's match result affects the club's rating. So if you win a match for your club, its rating goes up, and it drops if you lose. It's not like all the members of a club play a single match as a team.

I hope this clears the confusion you had.

ramiz_fahad

Club Cricketer
Your role is not restricted to that of just one batsman in Cricket Revolution. You have to bat for all of your players. If there is a power outage, you get disconnected from the game as the system takes it as an abandoned match on your part.

Clubs are a group of people, and each person's match result affects the club's rating. So if you win a match for your club, its rating goes up, and it drops if you lose. It's not like all the members of a club play a single match as a team.

its mean we pakistani raking always down as rafy bhi u know problim of light ..ok thanks raffy bhi..i m reaily waiting for dis game ....:)

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Sorry for being a bit off topic but how many hours in a day u get electricity in there ?

ramiz_fahad

Club Cricketer
Sorry for being a bit off topic but how many hours in a day u get electricity in there ?

in hot days light go much then cold ...if i tel u my side in march to agust daily light go abut 16 hour (some time 20 hour per day ) after september its much better mean light go just 4 hour in december just 1...but m thinking buy ups for laptop .then my club proud of me :p

omkarjere

International Cricketer
in hot days light go much then cold ...if i tel u my side in march to agust daily light go abut 16 hour (some time 20 hour per day ) after september its much better mean light go just 4 hour in december just 1...but m thinking buy ups for laptop .then my club proud of me :p

:eek: Quite a bad situation in there Good Luck :)

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors

How is it that this question got answered straight away and yet my questions still go unanswered? come on guys.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Probably your question is too hard to answer :p

Yeah I guess so :sarcasm

Oh wait, here we go. A response a got from the CR forums.

CaptainOZ wrote:
Hi Jason,

I have two questions for you:

1) What will be done to manage the online multiplayer component? As you may be aware, another cricket game has been riddled with problems because of online quitters. What penalties will be imposed on players who quit because they are losing a match?

2) It was mentioned somewhere that the AI adapts to changes in the game. Can you expand on this? Will the AI play sensibly for the full number of overs, and try to chase down targets in a cricket-like fashion?

Thanks.

Kindly keep this thread only for publishing related questions. However if you feel it's necessary to express any gameplay concern in this thread, i don't mind answering those.

I'll quote myself from another thread, which addresses your first question:
Moods wrote:
Our ladder system ensures that there is sufficient incentive for people to play on until the outcome of the match is clear, at the very least.

If a player abandons a match at ANY point after the first delivery has been played, it counts as a loss for him. The loss gets stored in his profile and his rating drops. The batting/bowling stats are recorded normally, since they aren't affected by the total number of overs played.

You guys should go through the Community Guide to get a better idea of all the online multiplayer features.

As for your second question, I'll quote what Mindstorm's CEO had to say about the AI in an interview.
Babar Ahmed - CEO Mindstorm Studios wrote:
CR, at its core, is a multiplayer game where you pit your skills and talents against other gamers. With that in mind, the AI then becomes practice-centric like it has in so many other classic games like Counter Strike and DOTA, for example. That being said, we’ve put in a lot of work on the AI to make it realistic and give the player a hard run for his money. However, the AI can never be as smart as a human, and eventually you’ll find ways and strategies to outwit it.

First off, there are no modes in CR that change the gameplay, unlike other cricket games. The easy difficulty in the AI settings means the AI is not as smart as the hard AI. It does NOT mean that all of a sudden it’s miraculously easy to hit sixes off of the same balls you couldn’t get away for singles! The game plays the same, whether you play multiplayer, single player, easy AI, or hard AI. The hard AI, however, knows more shots than the easy AI, can place the ball better, is a better judge of singles, makes fewer strafing errors, paces his innings better, and overall makes fewer mistakes than the easy AI; just like a more experienced player would play better than a less experienced one. The AI also keeps track of things like the talent pool of its remaining batsmen to pace its current innings, power play over run rates, risk factors in each shot it plays, and models things like judgment errors in swing/speed/turn similar to human behavior. The AI feels intelligent when you play against it.

On the fielding side, the AI keeps track of every run you score on all sectors of the field. It then chooses optimal field placements to try and stem the flow of runs from the bat based on what its learnt about your play style. Additionally, the AI constantly adjusts its line and length based on the batsman’s performance on various deliveries to try and keep you guessing or to prevent you from spamming certain shots on repetitive deliveries. Moreover, the AI keeps a check on the match situation and flips between aggressive or defensive field placements depending on whether it needs to take wickets or to stem the flow of runs off the bat. Playing against the AI is definitely a challenge. In the end, though, you could make the world’s smartest AI, but it just doesn’t compare to an adrenaline filled match against a human opponent on an online ladder!

Last edited:

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Moods wrote:
Our ladder system ensures that there is sufficient incentive for people to play on until the outcome of the match is clear, at the very least.

If a player abandons a match at ANY point after the first delivery has been played, it counts as a loss for him. The loss gets stored in his profile and his rating drops. The batting/bowling stats are recorded normally, since they aren't affected by the total number of overs played.

You guys should go through the Community Guide to get a better idea of all the online multiplayer features.

As for your second question, I'll quote what Mindstorm's CEO had to say about the AI in an interview.
Babar Ahmed - CEO Mindstorm Studios wrote:
CR, at its core, is a multiplayer game where you pit your skills and talents against other gamers. With that in mind, the AI then becomes practice-centric like it has in so many other classic games like Counter Strike and DOTA, for example. That being said, we?ve put in a lot of work on the AI to make it realistic and give the player a hard run for his money. However, the AI can never be as smart as a human, and eventually you?ll find ways and strategies to outwit it.

First off, there are no modes in CR that change the gameplay, unlike other cricket games. The easy difficulty in the AI settings means the AI is not as smart as the hard AI. It does NOT mean that all of a sudden it?s miraculously easy to hit sixes off of the same balls you couldn?t get away for singles! The game plays the same, whether you play multiplayer, single player, easy AI, or hard AI. The hard AI, however, knows more shots than the easy AI, can place the ball better, is a better judge of singles, makes fewer strafing errors, paces his innings better, and overall makes fewer mistakes than the easy AI; just like a more experienced player would play better than a less experienced one. The AI also keeps track of things like the talent pool of its remaining batsmen to pace its current innings, power play over run rates, risk factors in each shot it plays, and models things like judgment errors in swing/speed/turn similar to human behavior. The AI feels intelligent when you play against it.

On the fielding side, the AI keeps track of every run you score on all sectors of the field. It then chooses optimal field placements to try and stem the flow of runs from the bat based on what its learnt about your play style. Additionally, the AI constantly adjusts its line and length based on the batsman?s performance on various deliveries to try and keep you guessing or to prevent you from spamming certain shots on repetitive deliveries. Moreover, the AI keeps a check on the match situation and flips between aggressive or defensive field placements depending on whether it needs to take wickets or to stem the flow of runs off the bat. Playing against the AI is definitely a challenge. In the end, though, you could make the world?s smartest AI, but it just doesn?t compare to an adrenaline filled match against a human opponent on an online ladder!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Users who are viewing this thread