Ramblings of a Sports Fanatic

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another nice read. Not into tennis that much but still :p Good to see you back writing though. Was waiting for another update :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think you'll like the next one Hedger. It's all about my favourite football players from when I was growing up. I've called it my 'Childhood XI'.

It's a bit lengthy but I hope you'll still give it a read. It'll be up tomorrow.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well I'm only 16 so I haven't been following football for a huge deal of time. Only like 6 years (would have been just before the 2006 World Cup) but I would have to agree with your selections of Alessandro Nesta and Luis Figo but my full XI would probably be:

Edwin van der Sar (Sorry, can't go past my favourite teams goalie :p)

Don't really have a favourite left back but I'd have to go with Alessandro Nesta, Fabio Cannavaro and Gary Neville as my favourite backs (I was a fan of the Italian backs during the 06 World Cup)

My midfield would have to be Arjen Robben, Tim Cahill (Can't go past the Aussie legend :p), Deco and David Beckham (Liked him up to the point when he left United) with Luis Figo close behind him.

Up front, I would have to go with Andriy Shevchenko as my favourite, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic a close second although John Aloisi would need to be in there just for the best moment when he scored the penalty to take Australia through to the '06 world cup.

But yeah, that would probably be my XI.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sigh. I still have hope that an NFL season (not necessarily a full one) will take place. Tangent to your article piece, have a read of this via James Harrison - the one and only opinion that matters hahaa.

The NBA lockout on the other hand ... :/ Because of the player rights and whatnot, the Rockets haven't even accredited Yao Ming with his retirement, disgusting.

Good writing pieces btw. Doesn't seem to contain a lot of content associated with sport articles yet your still succinct in your opinions.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for reading.

I don't know a lot about the NBA, but that is ridiculous. Even I've heard of Yao Ming, so he must have been good, and he deserves to be given the proper send off.

I just can't see anyone backing down, which is sad. The players should realise why they play the sport in the first place. It's partly the money but it's because they love it. Unless you're Albert Hainsworth :p

Will read that thing by James Harrison...

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Whoever wrote that article is such a ████ writer, but those quotes are just gold. Best interview I've read in ages!

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Without looking yet I hope to see Favre on that list, ha. Jordan probably too.

EDIT: Nice article, its good to read up on some of the greatest moments in sporting history.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread