Random Thoughts

D

Deleted member 46200

I really tried, maybe I just don't get British humor. I don't think I made it through two whole episodes. I've rewatched most of the episodes from Seasons 1 through 7 of the US version who know how many times. So good.
A lot of people find Ricky Gervais hard to digest.

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The US one was really funny no doubt about it, but it turned away from the fly on the wall office concept and became a sitcom...............the UK one was observational about the ridiculousness of working in an office and the bland people who work there. Gervais is a very clever writer for his tv shows and puts pathos into it too, but I really don't like his stand up.

Extras was very good, especially the Patrick Stewart one and the Christmas special was excellent, actually really moving.

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
England
I read that the trapped Thai boys loved the Australian doctors accent so much that it made them relax while still trapped, that is so cute, i bet the doctor kept on chatting just to calm them down.[DOUBLEPOST=1531763222][/DOUBLEPOST]
A lot of people find Ricky Gervais hard to digest.
I liked him in The Office, especially when he does that funny dance!

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Unemployed.... ? Where now.

Wherever you like!, maybe first have a couple of weeks or so just to absorb the situation and recharge your batteries.

But then the world is your oyster, a beautiful talented girl like yourself should have no trouble finding something suitable, I'm surprised if you don't get head-hunted and end up with something even better, the important thing is to not get down.............been there, done that. Stay positive and you'll get the rewards you deserve.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So Maharashtra govt ends the ban which prohibited people from bringing outside food to the theaters and also instructs retailers to sell food at MRP. The latter is an excellent decision I would say. Not sure if it will be followed but I say other states should follow suit. The price at which food items are sold in multiplexes is ridiculous.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
The price at which food items are sold in multiplexes is ridiculous.
Totally agree.
In Karnataka, the ticket prices in multiplex for a normal seat (not gold class and other high end stuffs) were crazy, especially during first 2-3 days of the film release. Prices would go upto 700-800 for a normal seat. Last year they introduced some rules where the ticket price(for normal) won't go above 265. That brought a lot of relief. So nowadays food items costs ridiculously more than the ticket price itself. Hope it's implemented even in Karnataka.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Totally agree.
In Karnataka, the ticket prices in multiplex for a normal seat (not gold class and other high end stuffs) were crazy, especially during first 2-3 days of the film release. Prices would go upto 700-800 for a normal seat. Last year they introduced some rules where the ticket price(for normal) won't go above 265. That brought a lot of relief. So nowadays food items costs ridiculously more than the ticket price itself. Hope it's implemented even in Karnataka.
I guess we have no one but ourselves to blame. We are paying it, so they are allowing it. But I also think it would not be possible to expect the public to take a stand and not buy any food /snacks while watching a movie. If they do manage to do that for a week or so, I'm sure something would be done to arrest that.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I guess we have no one but ourselves to blame. We are paying it, so they are allowing it. But I also think it would not be possible to expect the public to take a stand and not buy any food /snacks while watching a movie. If they do manage to do that for a week or so, I'm sure something would be done to arrest that.
Yes, you are right but it's difficult to restrict the public(ourselves) from buying. Even when ticket cost was more people would go. It's a similar case here. Moreover they don't allow outside food inside the multiplex and this makes us to buy from them for higher price.

D

Deleted member 46200

I am so bored It really hurts not being part of society and making a contribution.

Any one fancy having a chat?

Users who are viewing this thread