Random Thoughts

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
God, I love around 70mph, wish everyone bowled that to me :(

Its quick, but certainly hit-able. Then again, I can't speak, I've been out of the game for over a year, I couldn't hit you for 6! And a blind man with a Mongoose could hit you for a maximum.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Mongoose Bat

Its quick, but certainly hit-able. Then again, I can't speak, I've been out of the game for over a year, I couldn't hit you for 6! And a blind man with a Mongoose could hit you for a maximum.

Is the Mongoose Bat really that good? Costs $400 USD.

Is there lot of difference between Grade I English Willow Bats and say Grade III English Willow Bats ?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Never used a Mongoose but I'm assured if you can get used to them, they're indeed effective.

Grades of Willow is simple, the higher the number the worse the wood used, therefore less expense.

Highlander999

ICC President

Lol, you're speaking to an ex-keeper who puts down medium pace trundlers after a knee injury, I'd be disappointed if you didn't have a go at me. I'm happy if I reach 70mph lol

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Cricket does look easy on TV.

"Ah Haydo just hit a six by walking down the pitch" "ah ponting just pulled it for a 6s" "dang McCullum just played a scoop shot"

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Is the Mongoose Bat really that good? Costs $400 USD.

Is there lot of difference between Grade I English Willow Bats and say Grade III English Willow Bats ?
You definately want the best quality of willow, but saying that you'd be paying quite a bit more for it rather than for a lesser quality willow. A good bat will have many grains and they'll be almost ruler straight.

ARay

County Cricketer
God, I love around 70mph, wish everyone bowled that to me :(

That pace is absolutely lovely. Though hand eye co-ordination is must. I feel I can time the ball best at this pace.
Greater than 80 mph = I am in trouble :(

I find spinners annoying to play with. I have to use my feet more often (And I am lazy :p)

Users who are viewing this thread