International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anybody see the Yanny-Laurel thing? If you don't know, it's kind of listening thing where a word either sounds like Laurel or Yanny.

Apparently many people hear differently.

I don't know why, it's sounds like Laurel for me!! It's been annoying to see how people are able to hear Yanny.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Anybody see the Yanny-Laurel thing? If you don't know, it's kind of listening thing where a word either sounds like Laurel or Yanny.
Was talking to people today about this - I hear it as Yanny, but it was very split.

I found that changing the pitch gets me to hear the Laurel - I have to make it higher pitched to hear Laurel, so presumably people who hear that normally, if they listened to a lower pitched version might hear the yanny. I saw a video that does that, but amusingly in their example higher pitched I still hear it as Yanny, though if I go even higher it turns.

Apparently that means I'm hearing higher frequencies better, which I suppose is a good thing because I generally assumed my hearing was terrible.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
If you look at the original post on Reddit, you can clearly hear 'Yanny'. The kne on twitter however, sounds like Laurel. Go see what you guys think of the one on Reddit.

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England

Apparently many people hear differently.

I don't know why, it's sounds like Laurel for me!! It's been annoying to see how people are able to hear Yanny.

Yes! It sounds Laurel to me, too. I'm also annoyed by how people hear it as "Yanny".

Was talking to people today about this - I hear it as Yanny, but it was very split.

I found that changing the pitch gets me to hear the Laurel - I have to make it higher pitched to hear Laurel, so presumably people who hear that normally, if they listened to a lower pitched version might hear the yanny. I saw a video that does that, but amusingly in their example higher pitched I still hear it as Yanny, though if I go even higher it turns.

Apparently that means I'm hearing higher frequencies better, which I suppose is a good thing because I generally assumed my hearing was terrible.

If you look at the original post on Reddit, you can clearly hear 'Yanny'. The kne on twitter however, sounds like Laurel. Go see what you guys think of the one on Reddit.
All down to hearing perception the fact we all hear different frequencies but in same wave band or sumthing like that

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Why is Queen Elizabeth's husband not called a King but a Prince?
I don't know the technical term but the reason is- That's because 'King' is used only when one is inheriting the crown. In this case, Elizabeth inherited the crown and became Queen and Philip is her husband, thus became Prince and not King.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't know the technical term but the reason is- That's because 'King' is used only when one is inheriting the crown. In this case, Elizabeth inherited the crown and became Queen and Philip is her husband, thus became Prince and not King.

Yeah it’s strange as when someone becomes King, their wife is called Queen..?

Users who are viewing this thread