Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
THE RULES ARE CURRENTLY BEING REWORKED THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED WE ARE MOVING TO A NEW THREAD

hey guys so now that I am allowed to reput this thread up I will do it since some people already signed up earlier I am going to list them below

Kushari: Punjab
Me: Bengal
Solomon: Tamil Nadu
Valerian250: Mumbai
bradthelad: Baroda
Rahulr:Saurshatra
Sarvesh_aus: Karnataka
Arjwiz: Delhi
Angrypixel: J+K
azad: Kerela

This next section is the rules of the competition as well as the remaining teams

Rules

Length of match: the match will be played in three 20 over intervals that will constitute one innings. There will be a maximum of 2 innings per match. The match could be played consecutively or in sections depending on the time schedule of the managers. Should the game be played in sections each section shall be 20 overs with an option to extend the playing session by 10 overs or 20 overs until the managers would like to stop for the day.

Results: a game will only be complete if these three following conditions are met a win, a draw or a loss

Points will be allocated as such
Win: 8
Draw 4
Lose:2

Bonus points shall be awarded as such
Taking 1-5 wickets:1
Taking 5-7 wickets:2
Taking 7-10 wickets:3

Scoring 100-200 runs: 1
Scoring: 200-300 runs: 2
Scoring: 300-400 runs: 3
Scoring: 400-500 runs: 4

Exceptions
There will be a 500 runs mercy rule enforced unless there is a chase going on. If a chase is going on than a single bonus point shall be added every 100 runs scored.

A chase situation shall be defined as a team batting in the second or fourth innings.

Declaration
Declaration is allowed

Bars

Bars shall be reset every 40 overs.

Teams

Bengal
Delhi
UP
J+k
Maharashtra
Karnataka
Punjab
Tamil Nadu
Himachal Pradesh
Mumbai
Saurshasthra
Railways
Baroda
Gujarat
Odisha
Vidarbha
Haryana
Jharkhand
Rajasthan
Madhya Pradesh
Services
Goa

Because the Ranjii teams are so skewed in favor of some teams we will be having a ranjii auction with a twist each manager will be able to keep a core of 3 players from each side they will be known as icon players. Three overseas players will be allowed to play for each team. One of the three overseas must be from and associate nation. One must be from the Indian sub continent and the other may be from anywhere else in the world.The team composition will be the regular Ranjii trophy teams of the respective states however three overseas players will be allowed to play for each team. One of the three overseas must be from and associate nation. One must be from the Indian sub continent and the other may be from anywhere else in the world. To make things more exciting each state will have one legend player! This ilegend player is in my opinion the best player that ever played for that team. The Ranjii player auction list will soon be up.

Ranjii player auction
For the Indian player round each team will have a purse of USD 50,000

class a: Usd 10,000
class B: Usd: 5,000
class C : Usd : 2,500
class D: Usd: 1000

I have selected a selection of overseas players that will be auctioned off in the overseas draft

Each manager will have usd 25,000 in their purse.

International players will be classed as class A they will have a base price of 5000 usd
Sub continent player will be classified as class B they will have a base price of 2500 usd
Associate player will be classified as class C they will have a base price of 1500 usd
No team is required to have any overseas players playing for them

squad layout should be like so

1. Legend
2. Icon
3. Icon
4. Icon
5. International Auction
6. Subcontinent (non-India) Auction
7. Associate Nation Auction
8. India Tier A Auction
9. India Tier B Auction
10. India Tier C Auction
11. India Tier D Draft
12. India Tier D Draft

list of selected players ( depending on the number of people I could add or take away players on this list)

class a: Micheal Hussey, Ricky Ponting, Dale Steyn, AB de Villiers, Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Hashim Amla, Daniel Vettori, Mitchell Johnson, Vernon Philander, James Anderson, Trent Boult, Morne Morkel, Brenden Taylor, Vusi Sibanda, S.R Butt, Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Faf Du Plessis, Kevin Pietersen, Peter Siddle, David Warner, Chris Rodgers, Kane Williamson, Neil Wagner

class b: Saeed Ajmal, Misbah-Ul-Haq, Junaid Khan, Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shazad, Shakib-Al-Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal, Nasir Hossein, Naeem Islam, Kumar Sangakarra, Mahela Jayawerdene, Angelo Matthews, T.M Dilshan, Dinesh Chandimal, Mohammed Nabi, Mohammed Shezad, Ashgar Stanikizai, Dawlat Zadran, Shapoor Zadran, Paras Khadka, Sharad Vesakawar, Shakti Gauchan, Basant Regmi, Sagar Pun,Younis Khan, Kamran Akmal, Gulbudain Naib, Kusal Perera, Shaminda Eranga

class c: Steve Tikolo, Ryan Ten D, William Porterfield, Ed Joyce, Paul Sterling, Tom Cooper, Ben Cooper, Kuraham Khan, Tanwir Ahmed, Niall O Brien, Rizwan Cheema, Ashsish Bagai, Reza-Ur-Rehman, Kyle Coetzer, George Dockrell, Tim Murtagh, Gary Wilson, John Davidson, Majid Haq, Jamie Atkinson, Geraint Jones,

list of icon player per state
Bengal: Sourav Ganguly
Delhi: Jimmy Amarnath (if created) MAK Pataudi (if Amarnath not created) Bishan Singh Bedi (if both not created)
UP: Mohammed Kaif
J+k: Ajay Jadeja
Maharashtra: Munaf Patel because he is probably the only legend from Maharshtra created but if Ck Nayudu is created then him
Karnataka: Rahul Dravid
Punjab: Lala Amarnath (if created), Yashpal Sharma ( if Amarnath not created)
Tamil Nadu:Srinivasaraghavan Venkataraghavan (if created) VB Chandrasheker ( if SV not created)
Himachal Pradesh: Rishi Dhawan idk any others
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar
Saurshasthra: Amar Singh if created
Railways: Mohammed Nissar if created Syed Kirmani (if Mohammed Nissar not created)
Baroda: Vijay Hazare if created Zaheer Khan (if Hazare not created)
Gujarat: Nariman Contractor if not created (Jasu Patel)
Odisha: Debashish Mohanty
Vidarbha: Shiv Sunder Das idk?
Haryana: Kapil Dev
Jharkhand:MS Dhoni because new team
Rajasthan:Vinoo Mankad if not created (idk)
Madhya Pradesh: Syed Mustaq Ali if not created (idk)

There will be two stages in the competition to make it shorter we will split the teams into two conferences.
Each team will play each team in his conference once, since the number of teams in this competition is not yet finalized a certain number of teams will qualify for the knockout stages

The second stage is the knockout stage once again seeing that the number of teams competing in this competition has not been finalized I will give an example of how the knockout stages would be set up if there was 8 teams that qualified for the knockout stages.

4 teams would qualify from each conference we have a quarter final stage, a semi final stage and finally the final.

The knockout stages could be flexible depending on the number of teams playing in the competion then we could add more stages to the knock round ex (super 8,super 10 etc)

If you would like to apply for a managerial role pls will out the form as such

When you are getting the game:
Any other things that I could incorporate into the tournament:

Thanks for joining and pls have fun :)

Last edited:

AtOmX

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What team would you like to manage:Karnataka
When you are getting the game: Day 1
Any other things that I could incorporate into the tournament: Bonus Points

arjwiz

Associate Captain
Great initiative, hope it takes off.

What team would you like to manage: Delhi
When you are getting the game: First Week
Any other things that I could incorporate into the tournament:

I think the rules are quite incomplete.

• Is this a league or a knockout? If league is it home and away or just one game? Does every team play every team? Remember that if this is the case, the game will take ages to complete. I suggest you try and keep it short, especially since this is an inaugural tourament and we might have lots of teething issues with the game and with the organisation of fixtures.
  • Basically it is a 60 over match with 2 innings per team, and therefore there is no time limit?
  • How long do teams have to complete fixtures? I don't want to join a game and end up not finishing because the opponent doesn't turn up, or because we don't find time to play together.
  • You have allowed a budget of 25,000 in the auction. I assume this is only for the 3 extra players? Does that mean that each Ranji team starts with the actual current players, or can we auction all the players? Do legends get to play for their respective teams - Sachin Saurav Dravid Kumble Kapil Sunny VVS etc? I think auctioning and starting afresh is a good idea, and will bring in some more enjoyment. I don't mind either way, especially since Delhi is a good side.
  • Can you modify the points system to offer more points for a win - Two wins should not be as good as 3 draws. That will result in very defensive play. 8 points for a win seems good. Or reduce the points awarded for a draw and loss.
    8,4,2 or 6,3,1.

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
hello arjwiz adressing your point about when fixtures will be completed at the beginning of each round there will be a cut of date of when those fixtures must be completed.

example: Bengal vs Himachal Pradesh starts on June 1 2014 the cut of date to when the fixture ends is two weeks later. So the match must be completed by then. Now the thing is that the date could be flexible if for example me and the other guy has exams then the date could be moved. But barring important things the standard cut of date is two weeks

bradthelad

Club Captain
Will we play with the current ranji squads for this competition or will we have an auction on the current indian domestic players?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If auction is there then I'm in for Jammu and Kashmir. We seriously need auctions to balance the teams

Last edited:

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
ill put it up to a vote if we will have an auction on the ranjii players pls say yes or no

----------

actually Angrypixel is right we need to rebalance teams cuz otherwise teams like delhi will have a huge edge however I will keep the icon players and also the overseas auction. So we will have an auction I will shortly update the rules first we will have the overseas auction then the Indian player auction

azad

School Cricketer
What team would you like to manage:Kerala
When you are getting the game:April 3
Any other things that I could incorporate into the tournament:Auction

arjwiz

Associate Captain
Yes I think auction is good but then who will create all the teams on CA? It will probably be your responasibility, Ishaan, to ensure all players are the correct ones.

We should also allow 3 icons and 1 legend. So, Mumbai gets Rohit Sharma, Zaheer Khan, Wassim Jaffer (icons) and one from Sachin/Sunny/Vengsarkar/etc (legend). This will maintain some semblance of the actual core of the team.

Last edited:

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
since I have a mac I will get straight to work as soon as DBC14 comes therefore I would like for all the current teams to tell me their core players and I will hold the auction on March 29 2014 at 8 am est which is 5:30 pm. First the foreign players and then the Ranji auction. We will use Chandra's ranjii teams as a base. We will hold the auction in the comment section of this thread.

Last edited:

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
After some thinking I have come up with a way to do the auction

example

me: Ok everyone the first player up for auction today is R. Vinay Kumar
me: (insert stats) Ok Vinay Kumar Karnataka fast bowler fc averages
87 matches ,310 wickets ,economy rate of 2.87
me: He is classed as a grade A player so he has a base price of 10,000 USD do I have any bids
Kushari: ok 10,000 Usd
(1 min time lapse before player is sold)
30 secs later
Azad: ok 12,000 Usd
me: 50 secs later ok any more bids no ok so R. Vinay Kumar is sold for USD 12,000 to Azad.

alternate (player is not sold/no bids)
me (after writing all stats): any bids (1 min later no interest)
me: ok so R. Vinay Kumar will go unsold

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
The list for the Indian part of the auction will go as such

Soumik Chatterjee C (c), Rajat Paliwal (vc), Pratik Desai, Anshul Gupta, Irfan Khan, Rahul Kanojia, Koteswar Rao, Shadab Nazar, Nishan Singh, Sarabjit Singh (wk), Soumya Swain, Vishnu Tiwari, Nakul Verma, Suraj Yadav, Yashpal Singh.
Rohit Motwani (c/wk), Jagdish Zope, Chirag Khurana, Ankit Bawne,C Sangram Dilp Atitkar, Sachin Chaudhari, Akshay Darekar, Samad Fallah, Kedar Jadhav C, Harshad Khadiwale, Shrikant Mundhe, Nikhil Naik, Anupam Sanklecha, Mohsin Sayyed, Vijay Zol C
Shalabh Shrivastava (c), Amol Ubarhande (wk), Hemang Badani, Faiz Fazal, Amol Jungade, Akshay Kolhar, Ranjit Paradkar, Rashmi Parida, Urvesh Patel (wk), Sumit Ruikar, Azhar Sheikh, Sandeep Singh C, Gaurav Upadhyaya, Shrikant Wagh, Umesh Yadav B. Half C half D
Shahbaz Nadeem B (c),Ishank Jaggi C (vc), Varun Aaron B, Akash Verma, Shiv Gautam (wk), Sunny Gupta, Rameez Nemat, Samar Quadri, Shankar Rao C, Rahul Shukla C, Bhavik Thaker, Bhavin Thakkar, Saurabh Tiwary B, Manish Vardhan, Ajay Yadav. Rest DHaryana team squad:
, Arindam Das, Rohan Banerjee, Soumendra Das, Sandipan Das, Ashok Dinda C, Shreevats Goswami C, Saurasish Lahiri, Anustup Majumdar, Manojit Ghosh, Arnab Nandi, Shib Pau Cl, Wriddhiman Saha B (wk), Sourav Sarkar, Iresh Saxena
Akshath Reddy B(c), Mohammed Khader, Habeeb Ahmed (wk), Ashish Reddy, Akash Bhandari, Chama Milind, A Pragyan Ojha, Syed Quadri, Sundeep Rajan, Ravi Kiran, C Dwaraka Ravi Teja, Bavanaka Sandeep, Amol Shinde, Tirumalasetti Suman, C Hanuma Vihari. Rest D
Rest D AG Pradeep C (c), Prasanth Kumar (vc), Murumulla Sriram, Shaik Basha, Srikar Bharat (wk), Ricky Bhui C, Kakani Harish, Amol Muzumdar, Syed Sahabuddin, Shankara Rao, Duvvarapu Shivkumar, Cheepurapalli Stephen, Bodapati Sumanth, Marripuri Suresh, Paidikalva Vijaykumar.
Hrishikesh Kanitkar (c), Ashok Menaria (vc), Rajesh Bishnoi, Robin Bist C, Aniket Choudhary, Sourabh Chouhan, Manjeet Singh, Pankaj Singh B, Ramesh Powar, Siddharth Saraf, Vineet Saxena, Rituraj Singh,
Parthiv Patel B (c/wk), Mehul Patel, Priyank Kirit Panchal, Manpreet Juneja C , Jasprit Bumrah, Rakesh Dhurv, Chirag Gandhi, Samit Gohel, Rush Kalaria C, Jesal Karia, Bhargav Merai, Akshar Patel, Kushang Patel, Smit Patel C (wk), Venugopal Rao C.
Devendra Bundela (c), Mohnish Mishra C (vc), Amarjeet Singh, Anand Rajan, Salman Baig, Udit Birla, Satyam Choudhary, Naman Ojha B (wk), Ishwar Pandey B, Rameez Khan, Nikhil Sawke, Jalaj Saxena C, Jatin Saxena, Shubham Sharma, Zafar Ali.
, Utkarsh Patel, Bhargav Bhatt, Abhimanyu Chauhan, Kedar Devdhar C, Gagandeep Singh, Ketan Panchal, Hardik Pandya, Ketul Patel, Babashafi Pathan, Pinal Shah (wk), Rakesh Solanki, Murtuja Vahora, Aditya Waghmode, Saurabh Wakaskar.
C Sachin Baby (c), Robert Fernandez (vc), Nizar Niyas, Perumparambath Anthaf, Abhishek Hegde, VA Jagadeesh, Vinoop Manoharan, Prasanth Parameswaran, Padmanabhan Prasanth, Rohan Prem, B Sanju Samson (wk) C Sandeep Warrier, Chovvakkaran Shahid, Kanakkatharaparambu Sreejith, Nikhilesh Surendran (wk).
Rest D c Abu Nechim (c), Arup Das, Pritam Das, Pallavkumar Das, Deepak Gohain, Dheeraj Jadhav, Arlen Konwar, Niraj Patel, Abhijit Roy, Sibsankar Roy, Kunal Saikia (wk), Gokul Sharma, Jamaluddin Syed Mohammad, Sujay Tarafdar, Tarjinder Singh.
anjitkumar Mali, Anureet Singh, Ashish Yadav, Nitin Bhille, V Cheluvaraj, Shailender Gehlot, Arindam Ghosh C , Murali Kartik C, Amit Paunikar, Hardik Rathod, Mahesh Rawat C(wk), HD Rawle, Karn Sharma, Shivakant Shukla, Krishnakant Upadhyay C.
, Parvinder Awana B, Rajat Bhatia C, Puneet Bisht (wk), Manoj Chauhan, Manan Sharma, Milind Kumar, Mohit Sharma C, Sumit Narwal, Ashish Nehra C, Vaibhav Rawal, , Pawan Suyal, Vikas Mishra.Shikar Dhawan A,
C Jaydev Shah (c), Aarpit Vasavada, Abhishek Bhatt, Bhushan Chauhan, Nayan Doshi, Sheldon Jackson, Dharmendrasinh, Jadeja Sagar, Jogiyani (wk), Vishal Joshi, Shitanshu Kotak, Kamlesh Makvana, Sandip Maniar, Chirag Pathak, A Cheteshwar Pujara, Saurya Sanandiya. Rest D
, Amitoze Singh, Manpreet Gony C, Gurkeerat Singh Mann C, Ravi Inder Singh, Jiwanjot Singh C, Siddarth Kaul B, Uday Kaul B(wk), Taruwar Kohli, C, Rajwinder Singh, Sandeep Sharma, Mayank Sidhana, Vikram Singh, Sunny Sohal C.
C Biplab Samantray (c), Alok Mangaraj, Basant Mohanty, Deepak Behera, Niranjan Behera, Halhadar Das (wk), Dhiraj Singh, Santosh Jena, Abhilash Mallick, Natraj Behera, Bikas Pati, Govind Podder, Girjia Rout, Subhrajit Sahoo (wk), Arabind Singh. Rest D
All D Ravikant Shukla (c), Reagan Pinto, Harshad Hanumant Gadekar, Amit Yadav, Rohit Asnodkar, Swapnil Asnodkar, Saurabh Bandekar, Rohan Belekar, Amogh Sunil Desai, Shadab Jakati, Rahul Keni, Buddhadev Mangaldas, Gauresh Gawas, Darshan Misal, Keenan Vaz (wk).
Ajay Jadeja C, Avi Barot, Sanjay Budhwar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Rahul Dalal, Rahul Dewan, Ashish Hooda, Joginder Sharma C, Abhimanyu Khod, Harshal Patel, Sachin Rana, C Nitin Saini (wk), C Sandeep Singh, Mohit Sharma C, Sunny Singh C, Jayant Yadav. Rest D
Zaheer Khan B (c), Abhishek Nayar B (vc), Vishal Dabholkar, Iqbal Abdulla C, Wasim Jaffer B, Javed Khan, Dhawal Kulkarni B, Siddhesh Lad, Kaustubh Pawar, Ajinkya Rahane A, Balwinder Sandhu, Hiken Shah, Sufiyan Shaikh (wk), Aditya Tare B (wk), Sachin Tendulkar A . Rohit Sharma A
Lakshmipathy Balaji B (c), Umashankar Sushil (wk), Baba Aparajith, C Arun Karthik, Aswin Crist, Aushik Srinivas, S Badrinath B, Baba Indrajith, Dinesh Karthik A (wk), M Mohammed, Abhinav Mukund C, Ramaswamy Prasanna, Malolan Rangarajan, Sunil Sam, Vijay Shankar, Murali Vijay A.
B rishi Dhawan (c), Abhinav Bali, Aatish Bhalaik (wk), Vishal Bhatia, Bipul Sharma, Prashant Chopra, C Paras Dogra, Gurvinder Singh, Karanveer Singh, C Vikramjeet Malik, Maneik Mohil, Mohinder Sharma, Sangram Singh, Varun Sharma, Waqar Ahmed. Rest D
All D Abbas Ali (c), Abhijit Dey (vc), Abhijit Chakraborty, Manisankar Murasingh, Timir Chanda, Suman Majumdar, Sanjay Majumder, KB Pawan, Rana Dutta, Bunti Roy, Viki Saha, Nirupam Sen Chowdhary, Samrat Singha, Subhrajit Roy, Yogesh Takawale.

Last edited:

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
the order for the overseas players are

13. Ricky Ponting,
77. John Davidson
26. , Kieron Pollard,
62. Steve Tikolo,
23. , Sagar Pun
37. , Ben Cooper
71. , Mushfiqur Rahim,
68. , Umar Akmal,
40. , Hashim Amla,
73. , Nasir Hossein
64. , Neil Wagner
54. Vusi Sibanda,
7. Kumar Sangakarra,
76. Gary Wilson,
18. Shapoor Zadran,
59. Gulbudain Naib
79. Jamie Atkinson,
43. Vernon Philander
29. Peter Siddle,
16. Ashgar Stanikizai
17. , Dawlat Zadran,
24. ,Younis Khan,
20. Sharad Vesakawar,
42. i, Mitchell Johnson,
32. Ryan Ten D
70. , Shakib-Al-Hasan
53. Brenden Taylor,
27. Faf Du Plessis,
34. Ed Joyce,
21. Shakti Gauchan
75. , Tim Murtagh,
52. Morne Morkel,
78. , Majid Haq,
1. Dale Steyn,
3. , Alastair Cook,
22. , Basant Regmi
48. Rizwan Cheema,
55. S.R Butt,
15. Mohammed Shezad,
12. icheal Hussey,
5. Brendon McCullum,
45. Trent Boult,
35. Paul Sterling
25. Kamran Akmal,
2. AB de Villiers
19. Paras Khadka,
67. Junaid Khan
9. Angelo Matthews,
6. , Naeem Islam,
72. Tamim Iqbal
11. Dinesh Chandimal,
66. l, Misbah-Ul-Haq,
56. Chris Gayle,
8. Mahela Jayawerdene,
36. , Tom Cooper
38. , Kuraham Khan,
30. David Warner,
61. Shaminda Eranga
28. Kevin Pietersen,
57. Dwayne Bravo,
31. Chris Rodgers
39. Ross Taylor
51. Kyle Coetzer,
63. , Kane Williamson
44. , James Anderson,
46. Tanwir Ahmed,
4. Ian Bell,
80. Geraint Jones,
41. Daniel Vettor
10. T.M Dilshan,
58. Darren Bravo
74. George Dockrell
69. Ahmed Shazad
14. Mohammed Nabi,
60. , Kusal Perera,
50. Reza-Ur-Rehman,
33. , William Porterfield,
49. Ashsish Bagai,
47. Niall O Brien,
. Saeed Ajma

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
as of now here are the two pools and squads
Pool A
Mumbai
J+K
Kerela
Tamil Nadu
Bengal

Pool B
Punjab
Delhi
Karnataka
Baroda
Saurshatra

Squads
Bengal: Mohammed Shami, Manoj Tiwari, Laxmi Ratan,Sourav Ganguly
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, Zaheer Khan, Wasim Jaffer
J+k: Ajay Jadeja
Kerela: Sreesanth
Tamil Nadu:Srinivasaraghavan Venkataraghavan,Lakshimapthy Balaji, Murali Vijay, Dinesh Karthik
Punjab: Lala Amarnath, Mandeep Singh,Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh
Saurshatra:Amar Singh
Delhi: Kapil Dev,Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli
Karnataka: Rahul Dravid
Baroda: Vijay Hazare, Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Ambati Rayudu

squad layout should be like so

1. Legend
2. Icon
3. Icon
4. Icon
5. International Auction
6. Subcontinent (non-India) Auction