Rate Cricket 2004

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i would give it a 9/10 if you discard the poor wicketkeeping (100 or so byes in one innings of a test match) horrendous run outs that make me have to quit the game. poor interface that fails to include scrollers forcing me to click an arrow about 10 thousand times. rain that never ends, only 25 player faces. oh and before i forget, the line up bug is still there.

but on the plus side, animations look a lot better. some of the kits are nice, create a player is nice, though it sucks to replace them. foreign tours are good, except when i have to select players and have two sachin tendulkars to pick from. multiple bats are good.

all in all 4/10 the run outs and keeper bug really bring down the value of the game.

H

hammudy

8/10
best cricket game around....ignore the bugs....if u cant then 7/10...this is for the pc version
ps2 version- 6/10 coz u cant patch 'em or add new kits

J

jeetu

Overall - 6/10
Batting - 8/10
bowling - 4/10
replayablity - 5/10
graphics - 7/10
audio - 4/10

B

beknighted

I'd give it 7/10. Love playing the game. IF only teh bugs were fewer and the difficulty was greater. Must say that to date BC99 has been teh best gricket game. What with teh dynamic stats for every player of every team. I think teh best part abt cricket, Virtual or otherwie are teh stats and teh records and teh pride that comes from achieving and maintaining great avergaes. 04 Lacks this along with some other huge blunders. But Its an entertaining game nonetheless. I guess if we are willing to wait EA will be willing to surprass the playbility of BC 99. B)
Th keeping and teh running cud be better. The AI needs massive improvements to be competetive. Medium is a joke and AHrd is only hard becuz the AI takes ove rto throw your timing. The notorious Line up bug, the repetiive commentary. I think richie isn't as bad as the othe rguy, he is just irritating. I dun know whay EA chooses tos tick with thes etwo idiots with so many better commentators out there. Hmmm, what else..... The bowling is only half as good as it shud be, garnishingLBW'a and bowleds is as difficult in 04 as it was easy in 02. Your best bet is Caught Behinds. The batting is a major saving grace however, although it cud be more realistic. All in all If ou enjoy Criecket in real liife and you have been thru the tortorous period of all the cricket games before lara and well 02 u will enjoy this game.

V

Voltage

Gameplay: 3.5/10
A.I: 2/10
Graphics: 3.5/10
Sound: 5.5/10
Presentation: 4/10
Lasting Appeal: 2.5/10
Value: 3/10

Conclusion: If you have Brian Lara Cricket lying around you'd be better off...this isn't worth purchasing.

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by Voltage@Feb 2 2004, 07:46 PM
Gameplay:? 3.5/10
A.I:? 2/10
Graphics:? 3.5/10
Sound:? 5.5/10
Presentation:? 4/10
Lasting Appeal:? 2.5/10
Value:? 3/10

Conclusion:? If you have Brian Lara Cricket lying around you'd be better off...this isn't worth purchasing.
graphics 3.5? you have got to be kidding me. these graphics are pretty good aside from the crowds. kits faces and all are editable so that improves graphics since ea/hbs cant license every team and player.

and sound better than graphics? the sound is terrible, not only does it disappear randomly a lot of the commentary is misplaced

V

Voltage

Originally posted by f0bstyle@Feb 3 2004, 06:44 AM
graphics 3.5? you have got to be kidding me.? these graphics are pretty good aside from the crowds.? kits faces and all are editable so that improves graphics since ea/hbs cant license every team and player.

and sound better than graphics?? the sound is terrible, not only does it disappear randomly a lot of the commentary is misplaced
Agreed...that the commentary isn't great, hec it's not even good, but I found the overall sound to be just about acceptable, hence the 5.5/10. As for the graphics, my friend you need to play a lot more games....For example, Fifa, NHL, Madden, Unreal Tournament, F1 Challenge '99-'02, Homeworld, Deus Ex, Grand Theft Auto (I, II & III), Max Payne and well....shall I go on. I guess I just expect a lot more from my games...especially when I'm the one paying for them.

P.S. The sound never disappeared for me, so I wouldn't know where you're coming from.

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
you cant compare good games like fifa and madden that are basically exclusive to west europe and north america with cricket.

what i meant was the graphics in cricket 2004 are the best for any cricket game period. it will cost too much for the developers to get the graphics engine from fifa or madden. its not worth it, cricket will never make as much money as any of those other games. cricket is simply not popular in the most profitable region of the world (north america)

R

rasi

Originally posted by Voltage@Feb 3 2004, 06:16 AM
Gameplay:? 3.5/10
A.I:? 2/10
Graphics:? 3.5/10
Sound:? 5.5/10
Presentation:? 4/10
Lasting Appeal:? 2.5/10
Value:? 3/10

Conclusion:? If you have Brian Lara Cricket lying around you'd be better off...this isn't worth purchasing.
How could you give 3.5 to gameplay and 5.5 to sound?

V

Voltage

Originally posted by Iniyan@Feb 3 2004, 09:10 AM
How could you give 3.5 to gameplay and 5.5 to sound?
Because that's what I think of the game. I am entitled to an opinion, right....or has it become a crime nowadays.

H

HArrIS

9 out of 10 because the graphics had improved alot and the grounds are also realistic but only the commentary is not improved but we all cric lovers can hope more good in the next ea cric game. ;D:

H

harshandharsh2003

10/10

It's really nice to play
Game play has improved much
Graphics is not really very good but nice enough to go for it
Even for the sweep shots you need to time it well else it could go for your wicket
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: