Ravinder Jadeja & Yusuf Pathan

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
In light of the recent performances at the T20 World Cup, pundits have openly expressed their doubts about these two youngster of Team India.

Do India actually need them ?

What has Yusuf Pathan done in the limited opportunities granted to him ?

Jadeja spoiled India's party against England in the T20 2009 and yet again against Australia. His selection is even more baffling given that he did not have any match practice.

Your views about these two

Never liked Jadeja. He is not a all rounder so there is no way he can be side ahead of likes of Ojha and Ashwin.

Pathan is useless as well along with some other bowlers.

Yusuf Pathan is a complete waste in the side. Few people say that he is batting down the order and that's why he is not performing but whenever he gets chance to prove himself he always fails. He performs well in 1 match but then he fails in next 10. Yusuf Pathan performs well in Indian domestic but what happens to him when it comes to perform for Indian side? Yusuf Pathan should be replaced. There are many players who are better than him. Pujara, Rahane, Tiwary(Saurabh),Dhawan these guys have been performing very well in the past and should be given an chance. As far as Jadeja is concern he needs to work on his batting and bowling seriously, He has been given fair chances but he is not performing. India is not short of talent but the Selection Committee is not giving chances to new players. They are consistently repeating the old mistakes.

Every other day we have a thread like this. If they performs a week from now there will be another thread by some else e. "Oh I knew they were supper stars"

And it's not just these 2, but any other player who is not performing. I am guessing Rohit Sharma threads will stop for a while. So is Bhaji threads. Soon there will be a GG thread

Yusuf Pathan is a complete waste in the side. Few people say that he is batting down the order and that's why he is not performing but whenever he gets chance to prove himself he always fails. He performs well in 1 match but then he fails in next 10. Yusuf Pathan performs well in Indian domestic but what happens to him when it comes to perform for Indian side? Yusuf Pathan should be replaced. There are many players who are better than him. Pujara, Rahane, Tiwary(Saurabh),Dhawan these guys have been performing very well in the past and should be given an chance. As far as Jadeja is concern he needs to work on his batting and bowling seriously, He has been given fair chances but he is not performing. India is not short of talent but the Selection Committee is not giving chances to new players. They are consistently repeating the old mistakes.

Dhawan should be nowhere near the National side...

Saurabh Tiwary has had one good season. And plays in the Plate Division. While he is an exciting talent, he needs to back it up with another strong season at least.

Rahane has hardly played key knocks in big matches.

Pujara is the only one of the four you mentioned who probably should be getting a chance. And, in the Test team too, where at the moment, there's no room at all.

Jadeja shouldn't have been playing - can't blame him for that. He's a good ODI player. No match practice before the World T20 didn't help his case either, did it?

Yusuf Pathan is horrid. Smashing domestic bowlers on roads should not be enough to make the national side.

Hmm... Leave Ravindra Jadeja.

His batting strikerate = Bowling Economy Rate.

And regarding Yusuf Pathan, what are the opportunities you've given to him?

He has proved many times. And even Yuvraj Singh/Harbhajan Singh are consistently failing these days, so, why don't you add up those names?

Yusuf Pathan has to be given chances to prove himself.
We should not expect him to blast everytime!
If he blasts everytime, he should be tested positive in doping tests.

And regarding Ravindra Jadeja, enough of chances given and enough of fines received! Just ignore him from now on is what I say.

Yusuf Pathan is a complete waste in the side. Few people say that he is batting down the order and that's why he is not performing but whenever he gets chance to prove himself he always fails. He performs well in 1 match but then he fails in next 10.

I don't recall any such match wherein Yusuf Pathan has performed for India.

Every other day we have a thread like this. If they performs a week from now there will be another thread by some else e. "Oh I knew they were supper stars"

No, its not that. The two players mentioned above have been given adequate chances to prove their worth. And they have continuously failed everytime.

India VS South Africa 2nd ODI!

Tendulkar scored a double ton in that match.
I would like you to point out a match wherein Yusuf has single handedly turned the fortunes of Team India because of his batting.

Tendulkar scored a double ton in that match.
I would like you to point out a match wherein Yusuf has single handedly turned the fortunes of Team India because of his batting.

He did what he was expected to do. Sachin's double ton was different, when compared to Yusuf's knock that day!

Yusuf and Sachin, both have different roles in the team:).

Talk about 'stand out performances'.
Sachin's innings broke the Saffer's confidence, not Yusuf's.

In totality, Yusuf Pathan might just have helped India in one or two matches. He is more suited to the domestic format of the game and is not capable of playing against quality bowling.

Make Yusuf Pathan play Test cricket, and don't give him the permission to go for the big shots all the time, rather play Test cricket the traditional way, and I GUARANDAMNTEE you he won't even average 20 odd. His technique is comparable with that of a tail ender, except that he has the ability to play big shots. This guy is only suited for big hitting in the slog over of ODI cricket, and in T20 cricket.

make yusuf pathan play test cricket, and don't give him the permission to go for the big shots all the time, rather play test cricket the traditional way, and i guarandamntee you he won't even average 20 odd. His technique is comparable with that of a tail ender, except that he has the ability to play big shots. This guy is only suited for big hitting in the slog over of odi cricket, and in t20 cricket.

EPIC FAIL

Seriously, just go hang yourself in shame.

Users who are viewing this thread