-----Read 1st Post----- New Important Info on Cricsim -----Read 1st Post----

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Hi Guys, mod should sticky this but just so everyone knows rickyp has lost his laptop charger and I am taking over until it gets fixed I have all the relevant files and will sim them all just letting you know so you don't go hey why are you doing it or where is rickyp that lazy guy, just a heads up. He will hopefully be back up and running for next OD round, but just in case I will take over till he's alright. Not overly important, but I thought you should all know anyway.

Aus5892

NEW INFORMATION

Another bump in the road for cricsim, with the news that rickyps recent switch to Windows Vista has at least temporarily stopped him from running old MS DOS applications such as Cricsim. I will be simming once again until it is sorted out.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hopefully your PC will treat me better than RickyP's :p

brad352

Executive member
Does that mean we lose the first day of the current games since the files are presumably on the laptop, and you're simming them again from scratch?

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
brad352 said:
Does that mean we lose the first day of the current games since the files are presumably on the laptop, and you're simming them again from scratch?
No it doesn't, he sent me every single file that he had. On the bright side, it does mean that if he is gone for the next match, I can drop you :D

rickyp

International Coach
ive managed to get a hold of another computer for a while today guys so ill let you all know whats happened.

I had 2 chargers but now neither of them are working, so my laptop currently has about 20 more mins battery on it incase of emergencies. I sent Aus the sim + the bitters game which was already simmed so hes doing the next game and most likely the next couple as well unless i can get my hands on a charger before then. I go back to school on wednesday so I can get a replacement one for a few weeks before we get the one ill buy on that same day.

Ill try use this computer as much as i can to keep everyone updated, but apart from that keep up the good posting! :)

rickyp

International Coach
ok guys, i should be getting a charger at least on wednesday, but not before then unless i want to pay extra money.

till then, Aus has the sim so he can sim the matches but I should be back on board to do next weeks one day matches

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Just an update that after 3 unsuccesful attempts rickyp has finally managed to find me at the right time on msn and I have sent all the files to him, so it's all back to normal now.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Just to let you all know some new information about cricsim simming, another bump in the road for cricsim, with the news that rickyps recent switch to Windows Vista has at least temporarily stopped him from running old MS DOS applications such as Cricsim. I will be simming once again until it is sorted out.

rickyp

International Coach
yeah no idea what the problem is, its actually really frustrating. im currently trying to get it in some sort of compatibility mode to see if it helps

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Bilal91 said:
that proves why Vista is so crap...
Not really. You must realize how old DOS is and as backwards-compatible as you should be, you really have to draw a line somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread