Realistic Gameplay

Adrian85

School Cricketer
Im a newbie here. I had a look around the site but just looking for possible latest game settings and sliders for a realistic experience. And does anyone else have trouble with spinners and wide deliveries. Actually just wide deliveries in general from pace and spin

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I've always found wide deliveries tough to connect with from the spinners, though for pace I'm generally happy to cut them through point/backward point.

As for sliders, there are a couple of places to look. Firstly, this post by @wasteyouryouth is well worth a look, as are the subsequent posts after where the sliders are discussed: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...-0-0-12-and-steam.112288/page-13#post-3313449

The other is a game play by video by @Mohammed Sherry which has some of his settings in the description of the video:
Click on the name of the video, it'll take you to it in YouTube rather than have it embedded.

It should be said though that as a new player, you're going to need to get to grips with the game and learn about what timing you prefer, what works for you etc. It'll be some (potentially frustrating) trial and error, but don't be afraid to have a tinker around to your own skill level, and certainly don't be afraid to turn and sliders or difficulties down. Everyone plays to have fun at the end of the day, it's not a contest.

My current sliders are a cross between the two listed above, plus a bit of my own tinkering. I'm currently having to learn to bat again to an extent, but I believe it'll be worth it in the long run compered to how I was playing. Also, let me take the opportunity to thank both guys above for their work, I appreciate it certainly!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think realistic experience varies from person to person. Not just how the cricket itself plays but also how you want to play. The settings I have are tailored to a specific way I play (with only a pitch marker for batting and using bowler run ups as my guide for when to execute deliveries).

For me, just having the pitch marker adds to the difficulty and realism by requiring you to judge the length and adapt your footwork to that, whereas the ball marker (coloured circle around the ball) basically does that for you.

The bowling method is because I don't want to spend 50% of the game looking at the bowling hud. Using the bowler run up, is for me, a way to keep my focus on the action (Big Ant did a good job making the game look good I want to enjoy that). It also means I tend to bowl more extras and fewer Perfect/Perfect deliveries, which again adds to the realism for me.

I'm not a fan of the gameplay modifiers for in game physics and have resisted using them until the recent patch. The main adjustments I've made are to do with a lack of swing and poor bounce. Before you make adjustments, like swapping to other people's modifiers you have to think about what do you feel is lacking and try and make changes from there. Also my settings have been tweaked alongside reskilling players in a specific way, so they might not have the same impact using default players or ones from the academy (even the ones I currently have shared).

Last edited:

rasdan

Club Captain
I think realistic experience varies from person to person. Not just how the cricket itself plays but also how you want to play. The settings I have are tailored to a specific way I play (with only a pitch marker for batting and using bowler run ups as my guide for when to execute deliveries).

For me, just having the pitch marker adds to the difficulty and realism by requiring you to judge the length and adapt your footwork to that, whereas the ball marker (coloured circle around the ball) basically does that for you.

The bowling method is because I don't want to spend 50% of the game looking at the bowling hud. Using the bowler run up, is for me, a way to keep my focus on the action (Big Ant did a good job making the game look good I want to enjoy that). It also means I tend to bowl more extras and fewer Perfect/Perfect deliveries, which again adds to the realism for me.

I'm not a fan of the gameplay modifiers for in game physics and have resisted using them until the recent patch. The main adjustments I've made are to do with a lack of swing and poor bounce. Before you make adjustments, like swapping to other people's modifiers you have to think about what do you feel is lacking and try and make changes from there. Also my settings have been tweaked alongside reskilling players in a specific way, so they might not have the same impact using default players or ones from the academy (even the ones I currently have shared).

hi mate where can i find your teams to download and under what name?much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread