relaxedanderson's 'Back to the 90s'

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can I ask how you researched the squads? Did you go through every match scorecard on cricinfo it is there a squad list somewhere?

A combination of www.cricketarchive.com and my old Playfair Cricket Annuals from back in the day.

Cricket Archive is a pay site but £5 a month isn't bad as long as I'm using it. They have team by team season averages so it makes it particularly easy to find out the squads and who played the most to make lineups.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A combination of www.cricketarchive.com and my old Playfair Cricket Annuals from back in the day.

Cricket Archive is a pay site but £5 a month isn't bad as long as I'm using it. They have team by team season averages so it makes it particularly easy to find out the squads and who played the most to make lineups.

ok, cheers.

i have some thoughts for something a bit similar to this but mid/late 80s. though not sure i'd have the appetite/time to make quite so many players...

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
ok, cheers.

i have some thoughts for something a bit similar to this but mid/late 80s. though not sure i'd have the appetite/time to make quite so many players...

I'd normally be the same but seeing as I'm only on Steam I've got plenty of time to kill between now and the game coming out.

Also, there should be plenty of crossover with my 1990s players so help yourself if you want to use them.

You won't have to bother with kits either which is the bit I'm finding most laborious.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'd normally be the same but seeing as I'm only on Steam I've got plenty of time to kill between now and the game coming out.

Also, there should be plenty of crossover with my 1990s players so help yourself if you want to use them.

You won't have to bother with kits either which is the bit I'm finding most laborious.

Yeah actually the thing that got me most excited about this project was thinking that it would cover most of the players I had left to do on the 89 Rebel Team (already grabbed Barnett!) but I’m thinking someone else must be doing a similar thing as I just found French, Athey, Wells, Cowdrey, Maynard, Jarvis and Thomas! They need a bit of work but they’ll probably help you too.

I’ll be uploading that team tonight once I’ve tweaked them and added Graveney

If there was a way to play a custom competition as a star player only I was gonna make the 88 squads and try and do the double as Franklyn Stephenson

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Yeah actually the thing that got me most excited about this project was thinking that it would cover most of the players I had left to do on the 89 Rebel Team (already grabbed Barnett!) but I’m thinking someone else must be doing a similar thing as I just found French, Athey, Wells, Cowdrey, Maynard, Jarvis and Thomas! They need a bit of work but they’ll probably help you too.

I’ll be uploading that team tonight once I’ve tweaked them and added Graveney

If there was a way to play a custom competition as a star player only I was gonna make the 88 squads and try and do the double as Franklyn Stephenson

I've got Graveney for Durham if you can hang on a bit while I sort them out.

manueld12

Club Cricketer
Can’t wait for the rest of the 93 kits :) thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1560808827][/DOUBLEPOST]Here’s my real world kits from the 1993 season

Attachments

• 63E7018F-3DE6-4743-B81E-1B1B425A5381.jpeg
    63E7018F-3DE6-4743-B81E-1B1B425A5381.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 40

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Can’t wait for the rest of the 93 kits :) thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1560808827][/DOUBLEPOST]Here’s my real world kits from the 1993 season

Nice one!

You wouldn't happen to have the Gloucestershire kit as well would you? I can seem to find out who their sponsor was back then.

Also, do those kits have the AXA logo on the back? I'm having a bit of trouble finding the colours of the logos for various teams so I've just been guessing so far

manueld12

Club Cricketer
I do have the Gloucestershire kit too but it doesn’t have a sponsor. Might it be that it didn’t have one at all

Nice one!

You wouldn't happen to have the Gloucestershire kit as well would you? I can seem to find out who their sponsor was back then.

Also, do those kits have the AXA logo on the back? I'm having a bit of trouble finding the colours of the logos for various teams so I've just been guessing so far
[DOUBLEPOST=1560882214][/DOUBLEPOST]Let me know if you want me to get you photo references for the back of the shirt too

They all have axa and equity law league on the back

Attachments

• C2837390-1791-4898-94ED-04FD52E12172.jpeg
    C2837390-1791-4898-94ED-04FD52E12172.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 21

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There’s a couple of pictures of mark alleyne in that kit on Getty images and there is a sponsor on the right chest but it’s obscured

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
I do have the Gloucestershire kit too but it doesn’t have a sponsor. Might it be that it didn’t have one at all

[DOUBLEPOST=1560882214][/DOUBLEPOST]Let me know if you want me to get you photo references for the back of the shirt too

They all have axa and equity law league on the back

Cheers, it looks like the 93 kit didn't have a sponsor then. I've found a picture of Andrew Babington wearing something that looks like 'HOGGER' but I'm assuming that's from 1994 and since I have no idea who Hogger were (and neither does the internet) I'll just go with the 1993 version.

No need for a photo but if you could just let me know the colour of the Axa logo, the text colour and the colour of the stripes next to the ball on the back of the shirt then Gloucestershire are ready to upload.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Speaking of sponsors, I'm not busting a gut to get them dead right. For example, I've substituted the Newcastle Brown logo on the Durham kit for the Dallas Cowboys logo because I already had an SVG of that lying around and Birch for Derbyshire I just typed into Photoshop with a vaguely similar font.

Some like Derrydown(?) on the Sussex kit are destined to go undone and Somerset's Blackthorn and Northants' Dr Marten's are looking particularly fiddly and unappealing at the moment, but we'll see.

manueld12

Club Cricketer
Cheers, it looks like the 93 kit didn't have a sponsor then. I've found a picture of Andrew Babington wearing something that looks like 'HOGGER' but I'm assuming that's from 1994 and since I have no idea who Hogger were (and neither does the internet) I'll just go with the 1993 version.

No need for a photo but if you could just let me know the colour of the Axa logo, the text colour and the colour of the stripes next to the ball on the back of the shirt then Gloucestershire are ready to upload.

Hogger sports were the kitmakers for that season and 94 but I’ll check those kits separately.

Check pics

Attachments

• 6FCBBC6E-458C-4E7E-8EA4-4CAAFE5607D8.jpeg
    6FCBBC6E-458C-4E7E-8EA4-4CAAFE5607D8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 4E349A16-4B16-40CD-91B3-42558FF9D17E.jpeg
    4E349A16-4B16-40CD-91B3-42558FF9D17E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Hogger sports were the kitmakers for that season and 94 but I’ll check those kits separately.

Check pics

Nice one, thanks.

Glamorgan and Gloucestershire now up. I'm not particularly happy with the Gloucestershire kit, mainly because their name - along with Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Worcestershire, is pain in the arse to do without losing all definition. The really annoying thing is that the team name option in the game would be perfect for these kits if only they could be slightly resized and slightly re-positioned (see pic).

I suppose it's far too late to ask for that now.

Attachments

• glo.png
    glo.png
    223 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread