Release Date-August 7 ( New Trailer, July 16 )

P

pcfan123

I still cannot believe they did not show Flintoff. Monty but no Flintoff, shows that the person who made it does not know ████ about cricket.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I still cannot believe they did not show Flintoff. Monty but no Flintoff, shows that the person who made it does not know ████ about cricket.
They said the ingame Flintoff looks nothing at all like the man himself.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
No, as if i can be bothered. But i flicked through and the general vibe seems to be that its 'okay' providing the gameplay is good.

But for an official trailer promoting the game they really did a bad job. Everything looked poor, including shots, bowling, everything!

Here's what I posted a few pages ago:

I don't think there's any point criticising the game based on the trailer. From a marketing point of view the purpose of the video is to raise awareness during the Ashes of the game so you can play along too. Hence slowmos of the marquee players. Hence the exclusive with the Sun newspaper.
If anyone is seriously making a decision whether or not to buy the game based on that trailer they need to get their head examined. People who visit this site are not the prime audience the trailer is aimed at.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Why they are ruining all the hard work of Transmission by posting that trailer? Transmission have made the game so they should make trailer as they know properly what to show in it.

P

pcfan123

^ I dont think it works like that, The game is probably property of Codemasters now. They could do what they want with it. I hope they fire the guy who made that trailer. I could make it in Movie Maker in about 10 minutes.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
^ I dont think it works like that, The game is probably property of Codemasters now. They could do what they want with it. I hope they fire the guy who made that trailer. I could make it in Movie Maker in about 10 minutes.

Raise awareness. Tell people about game. Play as your heros etc.
Not sure what everyone expected really. Videos/trailers are never worth watching in my experience.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gameplay isn't everything.I agree gameplay is important but other parts must be decent enough to get the right feeling of a cricket game.If all shots are unorthodox like in the trailer it will clearly ruin the experience.I believe in the reviews of planet cricket members and hope that trailer is made by some dumb*** baseball fan from codies team while watching Major League Baseball(atleast some shots).

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
Gameplay isn't everything.I agree gameplay is important but other parts must be decent enough to get the right feeling of a cricket game.If all shots are unorthodox like in the trailer it will clearly ruin the experience.I believe in the reviews of planet cricket members and hope that trailer is made by some dumb*** baseball fan from codies team while watching Major League Baseball(atleast some shots).
I know correct Animation is important,but be positive guys,because smith said
There are some mongrel shots in that trailer, not sure why they included those... rest assured not all shots look like that in the game! lol

Besides that I reckon it's a cool trailer, although perhaps Panesar should be batting... ;)

so i am keeping my finger crossed,

P

pcfan123

First of all its a baseball swing, not a shot.
Secondly, none of those shots in the video were anything like baseball swings.

There are basically 3 shots in baseball, the pop up, the line drive and the bunt. 2 closely resemble a pull/hook and one is a horizontal defensive shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

kersnort

School Cricketer
The problem with the animation is the lack of fluency. One minute the batsmen is standing there, the next minute he plays the shot, there are no trigger movements, and little inital foot movement, which gives makes the animation look robotic

vishalsparadise

Club Cricketer
none of us are ever satisfied with anything.well thats just human.

those who playtested said the trailer doesnt depict the exact gameplay.so u say the gameplay and animations are better than wats shown in the trailer.
is the graphics better.or is it the same.i've read someone say the lighting was excellent and so.but as per the trailer , the graphics while better than BLIC07 , isnt anything great.
also did anyone notice wen a yorker hits the batsman's toes and wen he comes out of his crease jumping(same as in BLIC07) , a fielder ran to get the ball , probably to get the batsman out.
i guess the AI is very alert of what u do and react accordingly.i hope we have a tough time on the virtual grounds batting,bowling and fielding in ashes 09 while the difficulty being fun and realistic.
afterall cricket has always been about having fun.this time its looking like the AI is gonna put up a good fight until eventually loosing to us.:P

Cueboy_88

School Cricketer
I'm still positive about the game. Yes the trailer is very poor but if you read the playtest reviews on the game overall it sounds like a really good cricket game, maybe even a BLIC 99? Well that remains to be seen but I am still excited and looking forward to the release. Can we start to have some positive comments?

Users who are viewing this thread