Remapping the Controls (PC Version) This is How You Do It.

ADP

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I see that there are quite a lot of people who don't like the default buttons of Cricket 2005 on the PC (neither do I). OK I have finally figured how to change the controls and it works perfect for me.

I have not modified any configuration files or done anything to the game itself.

First of all you need to download a program called 'Joy2Key' (just search Google) and then install it.

Next, you will need to find out which buttons on your joypad or joystick represents buttons 1,2,3 and so on. You can find this out by going into the Gamepad properties in the Control Panel of Windows.

After you have found that out, During the next process, you will not need to press any buttons on your Joypad or Joystick, but make sure that your joypad is plugged in and recognised by Windows before you run Joy2Key.

Now run the program (joy2key).

Joystick 1 will probably already be selected by default. All you need to do now is click on the 'AUTO SETTING WIZARD' button at the bottom.

You will see a box appear with the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's LEFT' with a waiting cursor. For this press the 'left arrow key' on you keyboard (not joystick).

You will then see the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's RIGHT' with a waiting cursor. For this press the 'Right arrow key' on you keyboard.

You will then see the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's UP' with a waiting cursor. For this press the 'Up arrow key' on you keyboard.

You will then see the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's DOWN' with a waiting cursor. For this press the 'Down arrow key' on you keyboard.

From this point is where your configuration will probably differ from mine, depending on how you want your buttons set up.

You will then see the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's Button1' with a waiting cursor.

Knowing which button on you Joypad represents 'button 1' press either:
'A' for No Shot
'D' for Advance down track shot
'W' for Backfoot shot
'S' for Frontfoot shot
'SHIFT BUTTON' for 6 Hit shot.

After you have selected your chosen shot for button 1 then you will be asked to do the same for button 2, and then button 3, and so on (it goes all the way up to button 32).

If there is a button that you do not want anything assigned to, then just click on skip.

After the Wizard has finished, keep the Joy2Key program open and then run Cricket 2005.

In Cricket 2005, when you get to the screen that asks you to choose what control method you want to use (Keyboard or Joypad), choose keyboard as your choice (Do not choose Joypad).

Then proceed and play the game.

Hopefully you can now play Cricket 2005 the way you want to play it. Have fun! :cheers

Last edited:

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Excellent! but to be honest im quite used to the default keys now.

ricky1988

Club Cricketer
depends how long you play it, if you are like me and play it a lot then you will get used to it

Elojikal

School Cricketer
The only problem is you lose the ability to use the gamepad's analogue controller so it's not really an ideal solution.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Have you guys tried importing the excel spread sheet back into the pc_data.gob file using BigGUI after having changed it in the excel spread sheet?

ADP

School Cricketer
Elojikal said:
The only problem is you lose the ability to use the gamepad's analogue controller so it's not really an ideal solution.

Do you really need the analogue controls to play this game? I have never had the need to use the analogue joystick during any cricket games.

Other games like racing games yes, but cricket games, no.

I can play the game perfectly, so it is an ideal solution for me.

gambino said:
but do i have to switch on that joy2key every time

I'm not too sure, I've always had it switched on when playing. Maybe it dosen't need to be switched on once the buttons are configured.

Ken Jude

School Cricketer
Has anybody managed to get the D-pad or left analogue stick to work on a Sony PS2 controller (with Play.com USB converter) using joy2key? I can get buttons 1 to 8 working but cannot get directional control.

I've tried assigning the arrow keys both to the Joy left, right, up, down functions and also to buttons 13 to 16 (which is what I believe the D pad buttons are), neither giving any luck.

midwkt

School Cricketer
ADP said:
I see that there are quite a lot of people who don't like the default buttons of Cricket 2005 on the PC (neither do I). OK I have finally figured how to change the controls and it works perfect for me.

I have not modified any configuration files or done anything to the game itself.

First of all you need to download a program called 'Joy2Key' (just search Google) and then install it.

Next, you will need to find out which buttons on your joypad or joystick represents buttons 1,2,3 and so on. You can find this out by going into the Gamepad properties in the Control Panel of Windows.

After you have found that out, During the next process, you will not need to press any buttons on your Joypad or Joystick, but make sure that your joypad is plugged in and recognised by Windows before you run Joy2Key.

Joystick 1 will probably already be selected by default. All you need to do now is click on the 'AUTO SETTING WIZARD' button at the bottom.

You will see a box appear with the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's LEFT' with a waiting cursor. For this press the 'left arrow key' on you keyboard (not joystick).

You will then see the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's RIGHT' with a waiting cursor. For this press the 'Right arrow key' on you keyboard.

You will then see the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's UP' with a waiting cursor. For this press the 'Up arrow key' on you keyboard.

You will then see the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's DOWN' with a waiting cursor. For this press the 'Down arrow key' on you keyboard.

From this point is where your configuration will probably differ from mine, depending on how you want your buttons set up.

You will then see the message 'Press a key for Joystick1's Button1' with a waiting cursor.

'A' for No Shot
'W' for Backfoot shot
'S' for Frontfoot shot

After you have selected your chosen shot for button 1 then you will be asked to do the same for button 2, and then button 3, and so on (it goes all the way up to button 32).

If there is a button that you do not want anything assigned to, then just click on skip.

After the Wizard has finished, keep the Joy2Key program open and then run Cricket 2005.

In Cricket 2005, when you get to the screen that asks you to choose what control method you want to use (Keyboard or Joypad), choose keyboard as your choice (Do not choose Joypad).

Hopefully you can now play Cricket 2005 the way you want to play it. Have fun! :cheers

Is this the same for microsoft sidewinder pad ???
regards
midwkt

Cowburn199

International Coach
ADP said:

'A' for No Shot
'W' for Backfoot shot
'S' for Frontfoot shot

Nice information.Reputation point for you :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread