0xF2 0x02 0xF8 0x47

Second attempt on the selection screen:

Searching...
Success! Please record this information:
0x23 0x68 0x0D 0xDC
0x1F 0x75 0xB4 0x91
0xA4 0x58 0xAE 0xA4
0x15 0x40 0xF8 0xE1

That's weird. The results from @lish2642 are very similar to what I see in the demo, but @boomridi's are different.

Could you please confirm that you are both running the latest update of the game? If you launch the game and click "Options", you should see something like this:

Version.png

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@weetabixharry any luck with 2019 editor even the basic version?

@lish2642 Based on your results, the attached dummy editor should work for you. Please download it and see if it at least runs. You should be able to load up some basic player info correctly (name, date of birth, nationality,...). I have disabled the "Apply" button, because there's still a bunch of stuff misaligned, so it would corrupt your savegame if you tried to save any edits.

Please confirm what version of the game you are running.

Attachments

• CricketCaptain2019Editor051-00.zip
    59.9 KB · Views: 49

lish2642

School Cricketer
That's weird. The results from @lish2642 are very similar to what I see in the demo, but @boomridi's are different.

Could you please confirm that you are both running the latest update of the game? If you launch the game and click "Options", you should see something like this:

View attachment 232809

mine version is 19.05.
Not sure how to update to 19.051 or its needed

upload_2020-5-16_16-3-48.png

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not sure how to update to 19.051 or its needed
View attachment 232811

As far as I can see, 19.05 should be the latest version. I'm not sure why the demo is 19.051.

It is a very good sign that you were able to load a player. I should now be able to fix the stuff that is broken using the demo. Hopefully, I will be able to upload a working editor tomorrow.

boomridi

School Cricketer
@boomridi Please post your results anyway.
First attempt:

Searching...
0xE4 0xE3 0x0D 0x89
0xC6 0xE0 0xB4 0xD9
0x8F 0xCC 0xAE 0xED
0xF2 0x02 0xF8 0x47

Second attempt on the selection screen:

Searching...
0x23 0x68 0x0D 0xDC
0x1F 0x75 0xB4 0x91
0xA4 0x58 0xAE 0xA4
0x15 0x40 0xF8 0xE1A

View attachment 232809

Just found out I am an update behind

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@lish2642 @boomridi (and anyone else) I have built a pre-release of the editor for Cricket Captain 2019. Please download and try version 2019.05-00. I have done basic tests and all the main stuff seems to work correctly for me. However, please back up your savegame (or use one you don't mind losing) just in case anything goes wrong.

For now, I have disabled the "Global Settings" editor, because that part isn't working yet. I have also disabled the "Player Statistics" tab because that also isn't working yet.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Attachments

• CricketCaptain2019Editor05-00.zip
    60.6 KB · Views: 101

lish2642

School Cricketer
Thank you @weetabixharry club editor button is working fine as well as physio+coach.

Any guideline how to keep player form maintained. Example if player potential is set how to bring form up to mark on every game. Form max for batting is 255 but editor keep showing below 30 until manual edit via an editor. Even though i assigned batting coach all the time.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Thank you @weetabixharry club editor button is working fine as well as physio+coach.

Any guideline how to keep player form maintained. Example if player potential is set how to bring form up to mark on every game. Form max for batting is 255 but editor keep showing below 30 until manual edit via an editor. Even though i assigned batting coach all the time.

I'm not sure, but I think form is calculated directly from recent performances versus the player's ability. For example, if a weak player scores a couple of fifties, then his form might be 100%. However, a very strong player may need to score several centuries to get 100% form.

As far as I understand, good form slightly improves the probability of a good performance in the next game. However, I don't know if the form indicator has any effect on future performance, or if it purely gives an indication of (recent) past performances. Maybe it doesn't make any sense to edit it - it depends on how the developers coded the game. In general, I add things to the editor that seem interesting and it's up to you to see what effect it has (if any). I honestly don't have any time to actually play the game, because all my free time is spent on improving the editor.

I can add a feature to the editor to edit recent batting/bowling scores, which would possibly allow 100% form to persist for longer. It might be interesting to see how well that works. As far as I know, form does have a (small) impact on player performance. However, I remember reading in one of the old International Cricket Captain instruction booklets (20+ years ago) that skill is more important than form. A quality player out of form should still be preferred to a weak player in great form.

So, to be clear, as far as I understand:
  • Training increases the probability of good performance.
  • Good performances cause the form indicator to increase.
  • Training doesn't directly effect the form indicator.
(I could be wrong about this).

lish2642

School Cricketer
Thanks @weetabixharry for your note on the performance. I been observing form does play some role during the game. I might be wrong but good form player score well compare to out of form player. To add on, I also saw few of the players performance improved with coach and tech.

This is getting really exciting and looking forward to continue. I read hidden and scout feature on 2018 editor version. Any plan to add those feature to 2019 editor. Also turning on global setting as I want to test these feature

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Thanks @weetabixharry
I read hidden and scout feature on 2018 editor version. Any plan to add those feature to 2019 editor.

@lish2642 Yes, I can add "Hidden" attributes to the 2019 Editor. This allows player ability and potential to be hidden in the editor. If you enable "Hidden" mode, then new buttons appear that allow you to randomize a player's ability and potential (between minimum and maximum values that you can specify). This allows you to create many fun scenarios (where you don't know for sure how good the players are), but you have to change each player individually. In the Scout, there will be the option to randomize every player in the world.

The "Scout" has not been released for Cricket Captain 2018 yet. I am working mostly on this now. In the Scout, you can load every player in the world and, for example, sort them in order of batting ability. I also want to make it possible to edit any player in the world. After the 2018 version is finished, it should be very easy to release a 2019 version.

Thanks @weetabixharryAlso turning on global setting as I want to test these feature

I need your help with this part. I will need to upload a new PointerSearcher program, so we can find the memory addresses. I will hopefully have time to do this today or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread