Request to Big Ant for Online Gameplay

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would prefer to have a game that plays well offline before have a game with an online mode. If it's frustrating offline, it's even more frustrating online!

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
If it's frustrating offline, it's even more frustrating online!

Don't agree with that at all. Me and a friend had some great fun with ic2010. True it was local coop, but for me playing the ai was rubbish. Not because of things like yorkers for six and other crazy bugs, but because i knew i would win before i bowled the first ball. But playing him was a lot of fun.
To me it all comes down to the quality of the person your playing against. It's less frustrating if you play an opponent that plays like a "gentleman".
I can also never understand the argument about people hitting a six on every ball. Isn't that the nature of t20 cricket?! If you think the likes of Warner or sehwag or anyone else wouldn't take a six off every ball then your crazy. The reason they don't is because they know they'll be out sooner rather than later. I had a handful of games playing people that swung at everything, and I won EVERY game. Simply because of intelligent bowling.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
...but because i knew i would win before i bowled the first ball.

Totally agree with you on that line. When you're playing against AI, you don't get that feeling of you-could-lose-this-match. That feeling is what keeps me hooked to the game. Online play is one answer to it.
On another note, I want the AI to deliver me that feeling. If I were to win outright, why would I play in the first place?
You don't play to score perfect 720 odd in 20 overs, do you? Make me toil for my runs offline, as an opponent would do online.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Don't agree with that at all. Me and a friend had some great fun with ic2010. True it was local coop, but for me playing the ai was rubbish. Not because of things like yorkers for six and other crazy bugs, but because i knew i would win before i bowled the first ball. But playing him was a lot of fun.
To me it all comes down to the quality of the person your playing against. It's less frustrating if you play an opponent that plays like a "gentleman".
I can also never understand the argument about people hitting a six on every ball. Isn't that the nature of t20 cricket?! If you think the likes of Warner or sehwag or anyone else wouldn't take a six off every ball then your crazy. The reason they don't is because they know they'll be out sooner rather than later. I had a handful of games playing people that swung at everything, and I won EVERY game. Simply because of intelligent bowling.

Yeah I have to agree playing someone online gives me a certain buzz that offline play doesn't give me, or at least hasn't yet. I think it does boil down to the fact that playing the ai you usually know pretty early on in a game if you will win or lose.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would prefer to have a game that plays well offline before have a game with an online mode. If it's frustrating offline, it's even more frustrating online!

Disagree. AC09 was a pretty poor offline game where you could pile up huge totals with ridiculous ease. The game was a different beast altogether online where you had a human opponent instead of AI. AC09 is one of the best cricketing games solely due to its online gameplay and it has nothing to do with its offline capabilities.

If the new games take care of online disconnect bugs, quitters (which really can't be helped other than handing a loss to the quitter) and stupid custom fields the game(s) will be a hit with cricket gamers.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Yeah I have to agree playing someone online gives me a certain buzz that offline play doesn't give me, or at least hasn't yet. I think it does boil down to the fact that playing the ai you usually know pretty early on in a game if you will win or lose.

Yeah, the most I EVER conceed against ai on both last two games was 406 against South Africa. But that was with all first 6 batsman at 100%.
Never once conceded over 250 playing against eng or aus.
The biggest partnership i ever conceeded was against West Indies when I went a whole session without a wicket. (Most enjoyable hour ever on ic10) But then took 7 in the next session, and the last 3 very quickly in the 3rd.
Had to force myself to play defensive most of the time so I wouldn't score so quickly.
Do you use Xbox at all? With the save online feature this game has. It would be great to finally be able to play a test online.

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
What I meant was whether playing against a human or AI, ridiculous things would happen. Getting caught down leg side with a reaction time faster than any human keeper in world cricket. Too many drop catches. Full pitched balls that get cut for six. Batsmen shot animations where they just stand and do nothing after a shot is played unless you attempt a run. If it doesn't feel like real cricket, it's not engaging, and it's frustrating to see obvious visual bugs in a game I'd been looking forward to ever since EA backed out. I love cricket and I want to see it delivered at a high standard.

Users who are viewing this thread