Retirements Thread - Imad Wasim

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
1688695299688.png

As per Cricinfo! This reeks of unprofessionalism. But then again, BCB Presidents in the past have always been the same- Nazmul, while I dont know his stature in the country comes across as a dumbo who keeps on blasting his own team mates. One of his predecessors Mustafa Kamal raked up controversy during the ICC CWC 2015 which saw him off the dias for the World Cup presentation. Really hope they elect someone mature enough and get their act straight.

Rumours are that he wasn’t entirely willing to play unless fully fit and pulled out of games sometimes calling himself unfit. That irked the coach who complained to Papon who asked him if he was considering it all to be gully cricket. Rumours of a bust up with Shakib too. He hasn’t been in good form if I remember.

The timing of it is still very odd. Either there’s some really annoying board interference running as usual or else he may be struggling badly with his mental health. While it wouldn’t surprise me if he did come back again after being persuaded, I hope he finds mental peace if it truly is something related to that (wild speculation on my part though).
As I presumed, the coach had a role to play here. Hathurasingha was well regarded in BD during his 1st stint- players then were younger and it was essential that he treated them with an iron hand. It did improvise their game. However, post Hathurasingha, BD have been a decent outfit. This continuous hard-handedness might not go down too well with the likes of their established stars in Rahim, Fizz, Tamim and Shakib.

As for Tamim coming back, I dont think it will happen. Also, kinda puts a lid on their semi-final aspirations if Tamim isn't around. To me, he led well from the front and had a decent record. Anyhow, let's see what transpires.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
View attachment 280461

As per Cricinfo! This reeks of unprofessionalism. But then again, BCB Presidents in the past have always been the same- Nazmul, while I dont know his stature in the country comes across as a dumbo who keeps on blasting his own team mates. One of his predecessors Mustafa Kamal raked up controversy during the ICC CWC 2015 which saw him off the dias for the World Cup presentation. Really hope they elect someone mature enough and get their act straight.

As I presumed, the coach had a role to play here. Hathurasingha was well regarded in BD during his 1st stint- players then were younger and it was essential that he treated them with an iron hand. It did improvise their game. However, post Hathurasingha, BD have been a decent outfit. This continuous hard-handedness might not go down too well with the likes of their established stars in Rahim, Fizz, Tamim and Shakib.

As for Tamim coming back, I dont think it will happen. Also, kinda puts a lid on their semi-final aspirations if Tamim isn't around. To me, he led well from the front and had a decent record. Anyhow, let's see what transpires.

Other than Fizz there’s a scenario where none of them stay after the WC (including Hathurasingha himself). I don’t think it really matters in the long run, emotional drama is part and parcel of the Bangladeshi cricket these days which is why I assume Tamim will be back if the reason was internal drama. If it has to do with his own mental health then the bloke needs to take time out until he feels fine with no pressure. His form this year certainly hasn’t been rosy although his sole fifty was only two games ago.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Bevab

Staff Member
Here's an old article wherein Mashrafe has criticized Hathurasingha. Apparently, the fact that he didn't part on good terms still rankles some of the players.

That is interesting even if Mashrafe has turned into a clickbait machine post the last WC for obvious reasons.

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
We mock him, but Papon knows his stuff. Don't I love this country :p
Screenshot 2023-07-07 180231.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-28_at_3.49.47_PM.png
Post automatically merged:

Bevab

Staff Member
Look who’s back, Slim Shady is back! Tell a friend!

Although I must say, even I didn’t expect him to be back before even the next game was played (thought it would be closer to the WC). Wonder what @icyman feels now. :p

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Look who’s back, Slim Shady is back! Tell a friend!

Although I must say, even I didn’t expect him to be back before even the next game was played (thought it would be closer to the WC). Wonder what @icyman feels now. :p
All my friends are busy right now mass deleting their "We will miss you" "Goodbye Legend" posts :p

Bevab

Staff Member
All my friends are busy right now mass deleting their "We will miss you" "Goodbye Legend" posts :p

Can’t believe that there are Bangladeshi fans who didn’t expect him to come back.

Only thing that will top this off is him retiring again but via social media this time.

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Can’t believe that there are Bangladeshi fans who didn’t expect him to come back.

Only thing that will top this off is him retiring again but via social media this time.
And the Prime Minister convincing him again but this time via zoom call

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
200w.gif

Users who are viewing this thread