Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

Should really have played more tests but England were concerned with his economy rate more than his strike rate. Also, like a few other bowlers, probably a result of the longevity of Broad and Anderson.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda

Should really have played more tests but England were concerned with his economy rate more than his strike rate. Also, like a few other bowlers, probably a result of the longevity of Broad and Anderson.
More frequent Zero Ducks Given episodes hopefully

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Was handled very poorly by England. Always more concerned with what he couldn’t do than what he could - bowl fast, take wickets.

You feel a young Finn coming in under Stokes / Mccullum would fare differently

Bevab

Staff Member
Hasaranga’s retirement from tests may guarantee him a PSL contract next year I assume. I remember him being denied permission to play in it for workload reasons and instead he was playing FC cricket. Also had to pullout from the Hundred because they denied him a NOC for the same.

Bevab

Staff Member
To add onto the previous point, the last news I could find for the central contracts of Sri Lankan cricket had him on the highest grade alongside the test captain, de Silva and Chameera. He may have been hesitant to give that up until he realised he could potentially make up for the difference with a couple of T20 deals.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
To add onto the previous point, the last news I could find for the central contracts of Sri Lankan cricket had him on the highest grade alongside the test captain, de Silva and Chameera. He may have been hesitant to give that up until he realised he could potentially make up for the difference with a couple of T20 deals.
Missed out on MLC as well due to workload

Bevab

Staff Member
Missed out on MLC as well due to workload

Seems like that one was because SLC have a policy of only “two overseas leagues” per player. Not sure how true it is as Shanaka has played in at least four from what I can remember but he may well be the exception to it.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
That's the reason I keep saying players will shy away from Test matches in the coming future. Hasaranga, is just the tip of he ice berg. Players are more keen on the short formats which pay off their bills. Dwindling interest coupled with 'no superstars' will certainly see the Tests dying an early death.

Bevab

Staff Member
That's the reason I keep saying players will shy away from Test matches in the coming future. Hasaranga, is just the tip of he ice berg. Players are more keen on the short formats which pay off their bills. Dwindling interest coupled with 'no superstars' will certainly see the Tests dying an early death.

I wouldn’t call a bloke averaging hundred in tests a superstar by any measure.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
His 5-fer in Mohali, and his spell to Watson (both in a losing cause) are perhaps the only good memorable things he's done in his career.

I think he sort of underachieved considering the amount of opportunities he had; not to mention that he's officially played for 51 teams according to cricinfo.

scoodledoodle

Club Cricketer
was a great bowler breathed fire against Australia in 2015 qf and vs ind in 2011 turned up in big matches
Post automatically merged:

shame still we lost

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
His 5-fer in Mohali, and his spell to Watson (both in a losing cause) are perhaps the only good memorable things he's done in his career.

I think he sort of underachieved considering the amount of opportunities he had; not to mention that he's officially played for 51 teams according to cricinfo.
Didn't live up to his potential.
Has sadly become a pawn in a fascist government now. Hopefully we don't have to see him in the PSL anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread