Ricky Ponting International Cricket delayed until 2009?

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
_40792416_pietersenton_ap300.jpg

England have regained the Ashes! And as if that wasnt enough bad news for Australians it could be mean Ricky Pontings International Cricket will be delayed until the year 2009!

Codemasters Community Liaison Rubbergenius made the following statement about the release of RPIC back in April - "Hopefully you can also see my point on timing as well - we release RPIC in the weeks after the Australians' successful retention of the Ashes (I'm a realist ) and just before the start of the new cricket season." See the post here or here.

If Australia win back the Ashes in 2006/2007 in Australia they still wont be able to retain the Ashes until 2009 when they play in England. It seems there will be a long wait for RPIC in Australia and that will only be if the Aussies win back the Ashes in 2007, hopefully the wait will be even longer!!
:laugh :laugh :laugh

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

usy

Chairman of Selectors
thats a shame . awwww ... draw :)

Inzi bhai

School Cricketer
Well its insane , there is always a win and loss in a series it doesnt mean the game should also follow the extact moment with the losing team and release in 2009.well the aussie sure doesnt like this at all , they will be converted to EA cricket 2005 after this news. We are also suffering because the BLIC 2005 isnt coming to Asia at all. :D

Last edited:

kamrandahir

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
18 years very long time
i think england is next world champion

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Oh don't worry when the Ashes come back to their rightful home ;) we will say its to dangerous to ship it back. :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Actually it is going on tour with the English when they come over for the Ashes. It might be sooner but I know it is coming for a 'visit' to Aus. ;)

NickDay85

School Cricketer
aussie1st said:
Actually it is going on tour with the English when they come over for the Ashes. It might be sooner but I know it is coming for a 'visit' to Aus. ;)

Yeh the replica maybe, the original stays at Lords and always has done. The only time they've ever been removed was in 1988.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Actually its both of them.

Ashes urn bound for Australia
Thursday August 18, 08:44 PM

Australia's hold on the Ashes is not as strong as it would like, but at least the little urn is not far away from arriving on our shores.

The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), the protector of the sacred little trophy, has confirmed the Ashes urn will tour Australia with the England cricket side in the summer of 2006-07.

But it won't be for long.

Regardless of who wins this series or the next, there are no plans for the Ashes to be permanently taken from its home, in the museum behind the Lord's pavilion in London.

The Ashes were last in Australia in 1988 to coincide with the celebrations commemorating the Bicentenary of English settlement.

It was meant to come out with the last England cricket tour, in 2002-03, but tiny fractures were detected in the urn, which made the trip too hazardous.

But MCC spokesman Iain Wilton said now that the urn had been repaired, it was ready to be sent to Australia the summer after next.

"We're just in the process of establishing with Cricket Australia the details of the trip," he said.

The MCC and Cricket Australia are yet to determine how long the Ashes will stay in Australia and whether the urn will be taken on a tour across the country.

The MCC is also discussing the trip with its insurers and security advisers.

The MCC has been the guardian of the Ashes since 1927, when they were presented to the club by the wife of former England captain Ivo Bligh.

Bligh was presented with an urn containing the burned remains of a bail by some Australian ladies in 1882, just as the England cricket side was about to leave Australia.

Bligh and one of those ladies, Florence Rose Morphy, later married and lived in Kent, in the south-east of England, and it was there that the trophy remained until his death.

The winner of this current series will be presented with a large crystal replica trophy to the urn housed at Lord's.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/050818/2/7nrr.html

Last edited:

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
Hey guyz plz tell is this real or fake?
Just now rahul guy posted a fake post and i unnecessarily wasted my time passing on his stupid message.

Ste

Executive member
Mahesh Babu said:
Hey guyz plz tell is this real or fake?
Just now rahul guy posted a fake post and i unnecessarily wasted my time passing on his stupid message.

No its fake.

Ste

willv88

Club Cricketer
to bad if the game was made a couple years ago. jeez all u english people would be waiting 50 years until the game came out. took you long enough to finnally win the ashes. only won the ashes by 3 runs hey, with mcgrath missing 2 tests and michael clarke having back problems. look forward until you come out here again and play on the best pitches in the world, not your pathedic bowler frienly pictures you have over there. cant wait to see trescothick play lee at the wacca hey.

Users who are viewing this thread