Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
1 - Upon joining PlanetCricket, what did you hope to get gain out of this site (on an emotional level) ?
Initially joined to try and find a patch for Cricket 09, only returned a year later... so on an emotional level I wanted personal gratification by trying to better a boring game.

2 - Who was your first genuine friend here on PlanetCricket?
Strangely the first person I started interacting with was a then 11 year old genuinely nice boy who sadly is banned now for plagiarism. He has changed his username often - Deadpool

3 - Rivalries. Can you remember your first unfriendly interaction here on PlanetCricket? If so what happened and who is the individual in question?
No genuine rivalries to talk about, but it took me by surprise how senior members here like Biggs liked to give our newbies then a hard time.

4 - Your take on Forum regulars? Surely there is better ways to spend your time than on a social platform like PlanetCricket.
Should I have been asked this a year ago I would have said "What's the big fuss about? " But it does become routine to login here. Plus the big upside is making new friends.

5 - What frustrates you the most (or really gets you mad) here on the forums ?
Suppose to senior members giving newbies hell especially in the cricket games section. Rather than helping them out, they just chase potential good posters away... and the other thing is spamming of threads...

6 - Your take on social media bullies? Will you openly stand up for someone here if they were bullied by the " in-crowd" ?
I absolutely despise bullies in general... I have openly resolved issues here on many occasions. Rather help a brother or sister than putting them down...

7 - Explain something to me that you think is complicated ... any topic .. that you feel is complicated.
The evolution theory... to make a long story short... it's absolutely BS

8 - Is there a question I haven't asked you, but should?
Loads... I've had very little questions directed at me.. most questions asked here was on my opinions on others. ASK AWAY ALREADY :-)

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why had you changed your username to Punisher ? Which username do you like the most ( Rudolph, Punisher, Rudi ) ?

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
How did you become best friends with Jack Ryder?

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Why had you changed your username to Punisher ? Which username do you like the most ( Rudolph, Punisher, Rudi ) ?
Rudolph :right: The Punisher :right: RUDOLPH :right: RUDI
The 1st change was to try and get an exiting catchy username with atleast some sort of reference to cricket. All the sloggers and blockers were already taken ... it was also during the start of this PCPL season if I can recall correctly ... So The Punisher is "Punishing" the bowlers like Barry Allen sounded good back then.
The 2nd change was back to my original as some folks here liked to miss spell my name , hence the all caps RUDOLPH - and also some thought as "The Punisher" to be literally as me punishing members as a mod.
The 3rd change :facepalm I placed a certificate on the "What have you achieved today" thread, forgetting that the director of our company also called me Rudi short for Rudolph. User2010 started with the Rudi and soon others followed ... Who am I to disappoint ... Thus RUDI for now :p

How did you become best friends with Jack Ryder?
Back when I started my league "League of Legends" Jack started a PM offering information that would assist with the league. We continued chatting and have found a mutual respect for one another ... the PM is now over 1000 messages :D Same @ThanksRudolph :cheers

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Bio

Name: Rudolph "Rudi"
Surname: Struwig
Birth date: 1982-10-20
Sex: Male
Relationship status: Single
Language/s: Afrikaans, English, some Zulu and some Sotho
Height: 1.8m
Weight: 78kg

Sports: Rugby, Cricket, Athletics, Pool, Action cricket, Karate, Bowls, Shooting, Fishing, Darts
Best Sports Achievement/s: Played provincial Pool/Billiards and Regional Rugby.
Karate > Some Diplomas and Medals.
Rugby > Some diplomas and Man of matches. My Rugby career got cut short after suffering some major injuries (Knee/back/neck and shoulder)
Positions played > Wing / Center in Primary School :right: Secondary School > Prop / Flank and Eight man (Number 8) :right: Prop - I weight much more then (93kg)
Cricket/Action Cricket > Some records that still stands today according to my knowledge (Most wickets in consecutive balls > 4)
Bowling Style > Various. I bowl a mean googly, but prefer bowling Medium/Fast. I have a natural ability to swing the ball both ways.
Athletics > Shot put in Primary school > Shop put, Javelin and Discuss in Secondary school. No real achievements > One second place and One third place during competitions.
Pool/Billiards > Club Player of the year / ENW Top 20 overall / ENW Top 5 Juniors + won some tournaments. Had to give this up due to relocating :( Played for about a month in my new regional league, but the traveling of long distances and cost was just too much.
Karate > Had a mean roundhouse kick :p Did 4 x grades/belts in a year. Won some medals and diplomas (Only did it for a year)
Bowls > Yes. Bowls , LOL . This was just for fun.
Fishing > We were fortunate to have our own dam on the farm before we relocated to Margate. It was my favorite past time after playing Cricket during School holidays and weekends.
Darts > Just for fun. I did compete in one tournament and managed second place.

Sporting regrets: Being a stubborn young teenager > I injured my knee playing in a Rugby tournament (It was the second day) , waking up I could hardly walk... told & showed my coaches > Their response "We need you to play" "Just warm up properly and you'll be okay" :mad I played another two games resulting in aggravating the injury even more ... I still have pain today even :( Moral of the story > It's okay to say NO, I CANNOT CONTINUE !!! Fortunately SARU (The South African Rugby Union) started extensive coaching training programs early in the 2000's to alleviate junior rugby injuries.
Actively Playing? Nothing at the moment unfortunately. With all my current injuries and with me always working :noway

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Questions I am asking you and have asked others/or will ask others in coming days-

1. If you could switch to a movie/tv series character, which one would it be and why ?
2. When did something start out badly for you but in the end, it was great? And what was it ?
3. What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of(or maximum number of times) ?
4. In the past people were buried with the items they would need in the afterlife(don't ask for proof or link to this), what would you want buried with you so you could use it in the afterlife?
5. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?
6. Do you go out of your way to be nice to? If so, any example ?
7. What food have you never eaten but would really like to try?
8. What “old person” things do you do?
9. What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it?
10. What would a world populated by clones of you be like?

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Just a bunch of questions relating to the events of the previous year:

The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the year 2017?
What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?
What new skills did you acquire during the year?
Was there anything you tried for the very first time in your life?
What was the best gift you received?
Any particular moment during the year that you might remember say 20 years from now?
Any song or album released during the year that may have caught your attention?
Any favorite movie relased during the year?
If you've participated in any of my leagues the past year, which one do you think stands out in your opinion?
What do you think had the biggest positive impact on your life during the year?
What one thing would you have done differently if given the chance?
On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your year with regards to your life outside the forums and on it?

And now for the next one:

What skills do you want to lean, improve or master in 2018?
Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
Any particular habits you want to change or get rid of?
What do you plan to achieve this year in life and on these forums?
Who do you see as potential qualifiers for the Cricket World Cup from this year's WC qualifiers and why?
Who do you think will be the No 1 ranked team in Test cricket come December 2018 and why?
Any particular cricketer you think is worth watching out for this year?
Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?

Apologies if these have already been asked. I don't have the patience to go through every question posted in every thread.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
@zwarrior

1. If you could switch to a movie/tv series character, which one would it be and why ?
Chuck Bartowski from the series Chuck , He gets to save people and get the girl.

220px-Yvonne_Strahovski_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

2. When did something start out badly for you but in the end, it was great? And what was it ?
- A career change is always stressful and always seem worst then it actually is.

3. What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of(or maximum number of times) ?
- Gladiator / Hangover movies to name a few.

4. In the past people were buried with the items they would need in the afterlife(don't ask for proof or link to this), what would you want buried with you so you could use it in the afterlife?
- Hmmm , not too materialistic. Probably a long range cellphone so that I can call someone to get me the hell out of there :p

5. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?
- Best > something similar than this video clip
- Worst > Whilst sleeping, someone repeatedly throw water from one glass to another > Result > the victim wets his/her bed. My sister did it to me when we were small and I got to repay the emulation.

6. Do you go out of your way to be nice to? If so, any example ?
- Our resorts General Manager > she just doesn't stop moaning once she starts ...

7. What food have you never eaten but would really like to try?
- Humus or Sushi

8. What “old person” things do you do?
- Played Bowls with old people :D It was actually fun.
- Fall asleep in front of the television.

9. What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it?
- People that unknowingly repeat themselves or carry on about their past.

10. What would a world populated by clones of you be like?
- My initial though was bliss, but considering not having opposites to complement my weaknesses it will be boring. We unfortunately need other types of people ...

Nice questions Z :thumbs

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
@VC the slogger - Part 1

1. The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the year 2017?
- Work, work ....

2. What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?
- Except peoples flaws, as the except mine

3. What new skills did you acquire during the year?
- Labor skills > Continuously learning new skills
- Life skills > Adaptation & Patience

4. Was there anything you tried for the very first time in your life?
- In 2017 > Pizza making and other culinary recipes.

5. What was the best gift you received?
- Forgiveness

6. Any particular moment during the year that you might remember say 20 years from now?
- Family matters that I unfortunately do not want to reveal here.

7. Any song or album released during the year that may have caught your attention?
- Thunder by Imagine Dragons
- What About Us by P!nk
- Perfect Duet (with Beyoncé) and Ed Sheeran
- Wolves by Selena Gomez & Marshmello

-
Despacito - Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee

8. Any favorite movie relased during the year?
- Wonder Woman is the only one coming to mind at the moment,

9. If you've participated in any of my leagues the past year, which one do you think stands out in your opinion?
- All of them stands out in their own unique way ;)

10. What do you think had the biggest positive impact on your life during the year?
- Here on PC > Jack Ryder @ThanksRudolph among others here
- Personal life > Definitively my dad.

11. What one thing would you have done differently if given the chance?
- Unsay things that should have remained unsaid

12. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your year with regards to your life outside the forums and on it?
- Outside - 7
- On it - 7

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Care to elaborate on why? Do you have an alternative explanaion for the phenomena that evolution describes?
When you have some free time ... watch this guys videos Kent Hoven ... Do not worry, it's not a sermon, he is a scientist himself.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
And now for the next one:

1. What skills do you want to lean, improve or master in 2018?
- PHP & Java Coding

2. Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
-

3. Any particular habits you want to change or get rid of?
- Not particularly at the moment.

4. What do you plan to achieve this year in life and on these forums?
- Personal life > A New Career opportunity
- These Forums > Just enjoy myself and get to know other members better.

5. Who do you see as potential qualifiers for the Cricket World Cup from this year's WC qualifiers and why?
- Afghanistan

6. Who do you think will be the No 1 ranked team in Test cricket come December 2018 and why?
- South Africa. Currently ranked second and only 12 points away from India. We have a solid squad with inform players (Not counting today's batting performance.)

7. Any particular cricketer you think is worth watching out for this year?
- Aiden Markram

8. Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?
- Always Germany and the Netherlands in second favorite.

Last edited:

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
8. Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?
- Always Germany and the Netherlands in second favorite.

Hate to break it to you but the Netherlands have failed to qualify for this edition of the FIFA WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread