Running BlC on Windows XP - Please read if you are having trouble...

dreavis

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by ritwikgames@Oct 22 2002, 05:17 PM
Hi guys,
Here is the complete procedure to run BLC on windowsXP...taken from a variety of sources:

1) Install as normal off the CD-ROM.You can perform both NORMAL or FULL installation.You can change the default installation directory if you wish.[b:post_uid0]Do not install the BLC patch! - this method works only with the original version and not the patched version[/b:post_uid0].

2)Download the files released by CODEMASTERS here:
http://blc.sports-gaming.com/blcfiles.htm
PS:Those files are in .rar format so get WINRAR from http://www.rarsoft.com to extract them.

3)On the title screen (with pic of Brian Lara) press right and then enter, before the screen disappears. Then if sound works on the menu screen you should not have the infamous hang-at-toss problem.

4) Run the game as normal. Note you must have the game CD in the CD ROM drive.

Cheers.
When I downloaded the RAR files the will not run when I click the exe file. What can I do?

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Extract them in the Brian Lara Cricket directory.(C:/Codemasters/Brian Lara Cricket)

Thanks
Auwais

nishantjbhajaria

School Cricketer
I am still having difficulty being able to run BLC after copying everything into my hard drive.

I am pretty convinced I am screwing up while doing the extraction.

My questions are:
1) Where do I save the WinRar file?
2) How do I extract the 'software' patch? Do i save it somewhere first? Please help me out here

Thanks,

jack

School Cricketer
-Sold out version-!
Damn it! Reading the forum here, I guess it means it really can't be installed at all.
I have tried pressing Alt-Tab to get to explorer to copy the files into a new directory when it reaches 92% and hits the error.
But it just tells me to go to control panel to install again...
So, is that it? Have I wasted ?5?

mn_22_1979

School Cricketer
i have install brain lara may be 10 times but when i click on it to play, it takes me to the main screen where it says about different video drivers, and my video driver doesn't match any of them, i tried on clicking on software, but it doesn't want to work. can any one help me with this problem. i will really appreciate.

johny23

School Cricketer
Clockspeed Problem

I have Brian lara cricket 99 which i got recently from my friend. When i try to open the game it gives me the following error message and closes .

WARNING PROCESSOR SPEED
=======================
Your computer clock speed is approximately -1895 MHZ
This is below the minimum specification of 200 MHZ.

My system configuration is:
P4 2.4 Ghz on a intel 845GV chipset.
Inbuilt video 64MB
Ram 512MB

i have EASports cricket 2005 which runs without any problem.

Plz help me guys......Im terribly confused......

Attachments

• brianerror.JPG
    brianerror.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

Tom Halsey

School Cricketer
Has there been any releases to help the Sold Out version yet?
Cheers.

Oops, ignore that.

abhishek1

School Cricketer
see guys i downloaded the files from blc.sports-gaming.com/blcfiles.htm
and extracted them using Winrar and afterwards the game is hanging at the toss
and i am very unhappy and frustrated so, please reply to me with a solution

Wilkins

School Cricketer
Hey it says on mine..

Could not find Brian Lara Cricket cd. I put the thing that I had to download into the where SWC 99 is installed on my pc.. It says Could not find Brian Lara Cricket cd!

This problem has probably been posted before. But I am obsessed with the game, and I want to play it again. Thanks

:cheers Cheers :cheers

Ritwik

co-founder
That's because the modified files have been made for BLC and not SWC! So even if you crack the executable, you'll be going back to the original file which doesn't work under winXP at all!

My advise: try compatibility mode that is available in Windows XP SP2 professional. Or, try and get hold of 3rd party Win 98/ME emulators.

D

Deleted member 11215

i got the sold out version but it worked easily just copy all the files down onto ur pc like it says and copy the ones that wont work but going into the folders and taking them out

Users who are viewing this thread