Running BlC on Windows XP - Please read if you are having trouble...

invader2050

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i have the sold out version and which files i remove after copying thanks

Killzone

School Cricketer
Ive read on these forums that a number of people have had trouble getting Shane Warne Cricket '99 to run under XP. Ive tried many solutions and even tried contacting Codemasters who just stated its not made for XP.

Well, I tinkered around and found a solution.

1) Install game normally.
2) Copy all the following files from the CD, Programs directory, and overwrite the files in the game directory on your computer:-

3dfx
D3dHigh
D3dLow
D3DTNT
game
launcher
software

3) Start the game. When the opening credits advance to a picture of Shane Warne bowling press right arrow key and Enter.

The game now runs properly!!

If someone wants to try the same thing with BLC 99, post results thanks. And if someone who is a computer whiz, explain why this solution works. How come those exe files on CD are different than the installed ones...from the cd.

Last edited:

fahad12001

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
mn_22_1979 said:
i have install brain lara may be 10 times but when i click on it to play, it takes me to the main screen where it says about different video drivers, and my video driver doesn't match any of them, i tried on clicking on software, but it doesn't want to work. can any one help me with this problem. i will really appreciate.

i ahve this same problem
i am having Problems with BLIC 2000 on Win XP.. Whenever i open the game with Software or with game file and when i go to the window where i have to select my 3D card ( Software , Direcr 3D Etc.. ) i have tried all but after clicking any of them nothing happens... plz someone help me

Wilkins said:
Hey it says on mine..

Could not find Brian Lara Cricket cd. I put the thing that I had to download into the where SWC 99 is installed on my pc.. It says Could not find Brian Lara Cricket cd!

This problem has probably been posted before. But I am obsessed with the game, and I want to play it again. Thanks

:cheers Cheers :cheers

i have BLC 99 and same error comes whenever i try to open the WinXP files of BLC 99. " Could not find Brian Lara Cricket cd "

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Not entierly sure if anyone checks this thread as it is more than 5 years old, but the links mentioned in the first post are dead.

Donners

School Cricketer
Ive read on these forums that a number of people have had trouble getting Shane Warne Cricket '99 to run under XP. Ive tried many solutions and even tried contacting Codemasters who just stated its not made for XP.

Well, I tinkered around and found a solution.

1) Install game normally.
2) Copy all the following files from the CD, Programs directory, and overwrite the files in the game directory on your computer:-

3dfx
D3dHigh
D3dLow
D3DTNT
game
launcher
software

3) Start the game. When the opening credits advance to a picture of Shane Warne bowling press right arrow key and Enter.

The game now runs properly!!

Doesn't work for me at all. The Software version quits at the start of a game, the others alternately refuse to run or lock up the whole computer.

ashwiin

Club Cricketer
i still have the BLIC 99 and it is working on My XP........ if anyone wants the patch tell me i will give the link.......

Donners

School Cricketer
That patch is no good for SWC, though. The games may be practically identical, but the BLC patches will only run with the BLC CD, not the SWC CD, which is bloody useless to me...

Besides, if by "XP patch" you mean the replacement files for Software, Direct3D and the like, there's no need to post them because they're already available. I just got them myself a few days ago.

Last edited:

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i have original SWC 99 version - not a sold out version. running XP.

full installation (not to a C drive). didnt copy over any of the files from the CD. went into the properties of each of the d3dhigh/low/tnt and software.exe, and went to compatibility mode.

im running a nvidia 6800 GT pci-e. software, and d3d high ran perfectly but the pitch was completely washed out and everything had massive glitches. d3dtnt.exe (set for win 98/ME compatibility) runs perfectly, albeit with no sound (there is sound during the intro videos however).

Donners

School Cricketer
Odd. With an NVIDA 7100GT, it causes a restart whenever I try to run those.

Users who are viewing this thread