SAc2k4PT patch v2.0

manojkumar_ms

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well Koala I am playing with your 1.4 b patc and as you said this patch is only for test matches, if I insatll this patch on your previous patch, which patch is going to apply on one days matches? Your previous patch will be there for one day matches? or it will remove them and unpatch one day matces? Explain please.Thats solve.

Eddie

International Cricketer
well, i have played 2 tests with this patch..

Firstly , i have to say that its pretty good.

- there still seems an issue with the CPU not making enough runs. I just played as ENG V NZL and bowled them out for under 70 twice.

Most times a team will be 20-6 usually loosing 1 wicket in the 1st over (almost without exception).

This is usualy followed by a low-middle order rear-guard (20-30 run partnership), then those 2 throw there wickets away. (pull shot off full length delivery & caught at cover driving).

I am trying to do some editing , using your patches as a benchmark, but there are some values i don't know what they mean or do.

=====================================
Human Stroke Difficuly

ScoreBias
BatOrderLevel
BatRandomLevel
BatEdgeOrder
BatEdgeBias

CPU Stroke Selection

CpuBallBatsman
CpuBallStump
CpuBallLength
CpuBatsmanType
CpuReward
CpuContactHorz
CpuContactVert
CpuRandom

CpuDifficulty
CpuBatsmanType2
CpuBallsFaced
CpuTacticsDefend
CpuBattingMatchType

CpuRequest
=====================================

I see you guys edit these values a lot in your patches, and wonder:

a) what they do?
b) what effect in/decreasing has?

Before u say "do a search" i did and i found answer to most the other config values EXCEPT these ones (and i search thru over 70 pages)

===========================

overall well done though

Eddie

International Cricketer
ok just played 1st inning of 3rd test..

Normal pitch, sunny, hot.
NZl win toss and decide to bat first.
50 all out 17 overs

You have the pacing right but edges are way to easy..
All but 2 dismissals were caught at 2/3rd slip.
I also notice that none of the top 7 batsmen lasted more than 6-12 balls. Whereas, the tailenders all lasted 16-24ball.

I noticed this change in your patch:

CpuContactHorz 3.0
CpuContactVert 3.0

In all previous patches these values were 17-20.
Does this explain the high number of edges?

As i said pacing is spot on, but edges are way to easy to get.

Eddie

International Cricketer
well, anyone care to offer an opion on this patch?

or tel me what these values do?

CpuContactHorz 3.0
CpuContactVert 3.0

crick4life

International Cricketer
Its a touch unconventional to alter these values. These values define how a CPU approachs a particular type of ball length wise i.e when a contact at a ball is made. Dropping these values may result in CPU getting out to LBW or Bowled. At the same time these changes in values also makes CPU very good against a particular length of balls which ones am sorry am not aware.

Eddie

International Cricketer
ahh, thats explains my "up-turn" i fortunes of late with obtaining LBW's and bowling batsmen thru the gate.

As a result i changed those values back to 20 a piece.

As to the other values i understand the following to mean:

CpuBallsFaced :-> how long a Batsmen take to settle? The lower the value, the faster he sats and the more shots he plays?

CpuTacticsDefend :-> How often CPU batsman defends? lower the value the less he defends?

CpuBattingMatchType :->No idea about this one, but it lowering it seems to make the CPU bat more aggressively as a team?

CpuDifficulty :-> Like the human difficulty one, the higher the value the harder it is for the CPU to bat?

CpuBatsmanType2 :-> no idea
CpuRandom :-> no idea
CpuBatsmanType :-> no idea
CpuReward :-> no idea

==================================

so if my assumptions about the above values are correct, then this patch has done the following:

- made the CPU get set quicker
- made the CPU score faster
- made the CPU defend less
- made CPU more vulnerable to LBW & bowled

and th higher occurance of edges (even though edge prob values are less) is because it is harder for the CPU to bat?

crick4life

International Cricketer
CpuBallsFaced - You got that right.

CpuTacticsDefend - Not excatly how often but it defines how defensive CPU can be. Lower the values less the defense but originally the game came without this. Cricket 2002 used to use this value though.

CpuBattingMatchType - Higher the value longer the inning I think. For instance a value of 5.0 will define a test match setting where as 0.6 may define a ODI. This also has effect on the way CPU approachs a game. Again this was also not originally used in Cricket 2004.

CpuDifficulty - You got this one right too. Along with how fair CPU bats it also affects edges that you get in a game and higher the value the direction for any shot I think are more.

CpuBatsmanType2 - To define how aggressive the 2nd batsman among the 2 at the crease will bat. Changing this seem to have weird effect so better keep away :confused: . I personally use to get very good results in Cricket 2002 altering this one.

CpuRandom - It defines how may in the lineup will bat well. Higer the value will make more number of batsmen get good runs in an inning. Again if its too high you will find it hard to snare wickets.

CpuBatsmanType - Same as CpuBatsmanType2 but this one is for the first among the 2 batsmen at the crease.

CpuReward - Higer the reward value aggressive the CPU batsman will be. I hope I got this one right :rolleyes: .

Zimrahill, one of the admins here is very knowledgable on these ones, a second opinion from his is always handy. If he turns up he may prefer to comment on this.

Phew, that was one long reply and I hope you come back to this forum even after reading this. ;) :p

Eddie

International Cricketer
wow, thanx, so many replies to question i've been "dying" to know the answers..

i am gonna tweak my .gob file and hopefully make the CPU bat for more than 30 overs for 50 runs..

thanx for the time u put into the reply, it if greatly appreciated!

crick4life

International Cricketer
No worries mate and sorry Koala for having littered this topic with this off topic comments.

Rahul

International Cricketer
i tried version 1.....on a hard wicket there were 2 many byes for 4...int he first 4 overs got around 20-24 byes.....is this fixed in ver 1.1?? coz i've never had so many byes on a hard wicket before....and they were going for byes off pitched up balls as well!

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
Damn 20 byes, sorry this is the first I've heard of it

I understand why you are kind of P/O. 20 byes are way to much for even one match, sorry it happend, I'll look into it and get back to you

Rahul

International Cricketer
koala try to fix the the front foot and back foot leg glance shots.....they're too tough to play specially with sams no cursor....most of the time hitting the pads...and when it's pitched up on middle and leg always a risk of lbw when u try to play it as most of the times its hitting the pads

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
koala try to fix the the front foot and back foot leg glance shots.....they're too tough to play specially with sams no cursor....most of the time hitting the pads...and when it's pitched up on middle and leg always a risk of lbw when u try to play it as most of the times its hitting the pads

This is something that I faced in his earlier patches, but eventually managed to get over it by playing the shots a bit late than one would normally do.

Users who are viewing this thread