Sachin Tendulkar Claims Top Spot in ICC Rankings Once Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
That amazes me, so People who watch cricket in New Zeland do not know who holds half of the batting records in Cricket? Yet, they do know Warne?
Well it's the truth. Waaay more people in NZ would've heard of Warne rather than Tendulkar, no doubt about it. I can't comment on any other country but I know that's the case here.

Like Chewie said, being in the media for the wrong reasons will be one of the reasons.
Also Australia are New Zealands biggest rivals in pretty much everything so it only makes sense really.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well it's the truth. Waaay more people in NZ would've heard of Warne rather than Tendulkar, no doubt about it. I can't comment on any other country but I know that's the case here.

Like Chewie said, being in the media for the wrong reasons will be one of the reasons.
Also Australia are New Zealands biggest rivals in pretty much everything so it only makes sense really.

That is fair enough. As I was expecting, yes, Warne has had more controversies which might add something to his popularity. Also I just realized that Warne has been associated with some betting Website/Poker site so lots of people in Europe might know him through it.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Allright, this is the thread to discuss about Tendulkar's climb in ICC ratings after ages and not for discussing 1) Whether I/you know Tendulkar or not 2) Why a cricketer X is known better than Tendulkar. Also, the same ICC awarded Yousuf the first place immediately after a century in his comeback sometime back. Hence I don't see why some people take these ratings so seriously. They don't reveal 100%. :p

Lets move on. Any other off-track discussion will just end up in the deletion of same. Thank you.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Oh yessss sachin,,you were always number one. It just ICC were lying about it before.KUTGW.you are the god,yes …

(I guess, that is how you wanted this thread to go further. :p)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Oh yessss sachin,,you were always number one. It just ICC were lying about it before.KUTGW.you are the god,yes ?
(I guess, that is how you wanted this thread to go further. :p)

Sachin is not God. That's the way I don't want the thread to progress i.e. without any sense. :readit

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
That amazes me, so People who watch cricket in New Zeland do not know who holds half of the batting records in Cricket? Yet, they do know Warne?

People are alot more likely to know who Warne is in England as well than Sachin; and not because of controversies.

Out of interest is this thread threadworthy?

Shri

Club Cricketer
Definitely thread worthy. Discussion shouldn't have taken this path. Could have had a discussion comparing what others have done in the same period and what not. Unfortunate diversion.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
I know.. It generally tends to happen with the thread relating to tendulkar diverting to Bradman-comparison path or this... :(

AngryPixel added 3 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

People are alot more likely to know who Warne is in England as well than Sachin; and not because of controversies.

Out of interest is this thread threadworthy?

Hmm. A thread about a cricketer attempting suicide is threadworthy but a thread about a legend reclaining the top spot in the twilight of his career is not... Yeah sure.. :sarcasm

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm. A thread about a cricketer attempting suicide is threadworthy but a thread about a legend reclaining the top spot in the twilight of his career is not... Yeah sure..

I don't want to drag this thread even further from the topic but yes. If we have a thread for every time someone moves up a place in the official rankings we'd be inundated with pointless threads.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Well... Didn't i mentioned he moved up to that place after 8 year?? I don't think test rankings will be as much variable as they were in 90's where Sachin and Lara just bounce keep on trading first 2 spots with each others :p

Shri

Club Cricketer
I don't want to drag this thread even further from the topic but yes. If we have a thread for every time someone moves up a place in the official rankings we'd be inundated with pointless threads.
Getting to the top for the first time after 8 years. This is special.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well... Didn't i mentioned he moved up to that place after 8 year?? I don't think test rankings will be as much variable as they were in 90's where Sachin and Lara just bounce keep on trading first 2 spots with each others :p
So what?

Sangakkara and Sehwag are not much behind. Just one bad test for Sachin and good one for Sehwag will take Sehwag to the top spot!

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
So what?

Sangakkara and Sehwag are not much behind. Just one bad test for Sachin and good one for Sehwag will take Sehwag to the top spot!

We'll see how sehwag or Sanga would play when they would be 37+ year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread