Sales figures?

paceattack

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have read on various websites that Brian Lara Cricket 2005 has done exceptionally well in the weeks that it has been in the market. AS a result of the tremendous boost that cricket has recieved in the UK, due to England clinching the ashes, the new found popularity of the sport has had a positive impact on the sales of liscenced cricket games. This has also resulted in sales for the EA title "Cricket 2005" increasing in the last few weeks. EA has benefited from the fact that Freddie Flintoff is on the cover for EA's follow up title to their cricket series.

But, I cannot find any figures anywhere that show the true picture. I mean, how many units has Brian Lara sold and how many copies of Cricket 2005 vanished off the shelves after being picked up by eager cricket fans.

Does anyone have an idea?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I know in the UK, Lara was top of the charts at various stages, normally about 3 or 4 places ahead of Ea Cricket. I can not however give you exact figures, just that Lara was outselling it each week.

paceattack

School Cricketer
puddleduck said:
I know in the UK, Lara was top of the charts at various stages, normally about 3 or 4 places ahead of Ea Cricket. I can not however give you exact figures, just that Lara was outselling it each week.

Yeah. That's what I think as well. Maybe with the game selling well and codies making a good deal of money - the next update of this serious will be even better with many of the flaws being removed. With additional funding it will mean that more will be invested into the development of the game and more improvements (hopefully) will be on the cards.

I just hope that they put a back foot shot button (for me the lack of a back foot button is a real drawback).

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I think with special balls allowing yorkers to come out of nowhere, having two different shot areas, back and front foot could be wrong, as when you play the wrong one you'd look incredibly unrealistic. I'm happy with timing being the key part. Either way though I too hope they can make the next game far closer to bug free ;)

Steeev

School Cricketer
With the amount of money and interest in the game, we'd hope that they'll make THIS game closer to bug-free!

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Originally Posted by Steeev
With the amount of money and interest in the game, we'd hope that they'll make THIS game closer to bug-free
There will probably always be bugs :crying

paceattack

School Cricketer
RoboRocks said:
There will probably always be bugs :crying

cricket game developers should ask people from this forum to test their games extensively before release to the genral public. I mean, the contributors to this forum probably know more about the games than the people that actually made them!!!

danny2502

School Cricketer
cricket game developers should ask people from this forum to test their games extensively before release to the genral public. I mean, the contributors to this forum probably know more about the games than the people that actually made them!!!

why would they ask this forum (no offense) when they have got there own forums to enquire about there games

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
This forum in particular because it's comfortably the biggest and most successful cricket gaming site on the internet. I'm a member at the official forums for EA c2k5 and BLIC and they get absolutely nowhere near as many posts or active members.
Not meant to sound arrogant, just a statement of fact.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I can certainly back Colin up on this one as i'm a mod on Codemasters BLIC forum and there's been bugger all to do for a very long time now.

paceattack

School Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
This forum in particular because it's comfortably the biggest and most successful cricket gaming site on the internet. I'm a member at the official forums for EA c2k5 and BLIC and they get absolutely nowhere near as many posts or active members.
Not meant to sound arrogant, just a statement of fact.

My point exactly. There is no forum on the interest that is half decent as this one. Everyone is extremely helpful and the mohority of the posts are decent.

The knowledge of cricket and cricket games that the contributors to this forum possess is unrivalled and exemplary. I doubt that any other forum will have individuals that know a particular game in such detail. Things that people in other forum cannot even think about have been spotted and mentioned. I don't mean to sound cheesy or anything but this is safely the best forum for cricket games.

Users who are viewing this thread