Brian Lara Is Uk's First Cricket No.1

Esoj

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ea may have gone above execptations but its still a crap game and it does have bugs in it. sales don't mean everything but are an indicator of how well a game is going.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The_gas said:
Sales doesn't mean that BLIC is a better game, just people thought Codies would produce a far superior game to Ea.
I think the general population would rather go for BLIC rather than C2K5 mostly due to the fact that BLIC is easier to get into and it has enough to keep you occupied for a very long time, especially with the challenges. Us hardcore fans may find it a little harder to get into it what with no replays on demand and barely any statistics, but there's more to a game than that.

I myself really like Codies effort and hope they release another version next year, because I know it'll be far superior than BLIC 2005. At the same time I'll eventually buy C2K5 so that I can continue my story thread.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
nightprowler10 said:
I think the general population would rather go for BLIC rather than C2K5 mostly due to the fact that BLIC is easier to get into and it has enough to keep you occupied for a very long time, especially with the challenges. Us hardcore fans may find it a little harder to get into it what with no replays on demand and barely any statistics, but there's more to a game than that.

I myself really like Codies effort and hope they release another version next year, because I know it'll be far superior than BLIC 2005. At the same time I'll eventually buy C2K5 so that I can continue my story thread.

Fair enough mate.

Howzat

Club Cricketer
The_gas said:
Over hype came from people, just look at these or codies forum, with mass dissapointment all round at BLIC. Where as Ea did better than expected as people were expecting another boring bug ridden game.

Sales doesn't mean that BLIC is a better game, just people thought Codies would produce a far superior game to Ea.

And that what we got!

The only hype was on forums...not everyone goes on forums! Face it! the majority of people outside the forums think BLIC 2005 is better than Cricket 2005. A lot of people on PC are diehard Cricket gamers and prefer Cricket 2005!

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
Howzat said:
And that what we got!

The only hype was on forums...not everyone goes on forums! Face it! the majority of people outside the forums think BLIC 2005 is better than Cricket 2005. A lot of people on PC are diehard Cricket gamers and prefer Cricket 2005!
You're wrong. I know many people who bought both that never came on any of these cricket forums. And they prefer cricket 2005. Next year blic if one is made will sell less than cricket 2006 if one is made because people know what to expect from codemasters now.
4.4 Gb of garbage. Ea is 746mb ... 0.746Gb. Codemasters is a waste-in blic.

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
rashaba16 said:
You're wrong. I know many people who bought both that never came on any of these cricket forums. And they prefer cricket 2005. Next year blic if one is made will sell less than cricket 2006 if one is made because people know what to expect from codemasters now.
4.4 Gb of garbage. Ea is 746mb ... 0.746Gb. Codemasters is a waste-in blic.

You are posting absolute crap. BLIC is more popular and more entertaining game than cricket 2005. Everyone will look forward for the next game. Codemasters have put good efforts and the next version will be even better.

What are EA doing for cricket games, just making few changes and releasing the game. They have made so many cricket games but have been very disappointing.

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
The fact that you cannot wait for BLIC to release the next game rather than enjoy or talk about current game means you're disillusioned with BLIC and dejected having wasted money on BLIC.

Just like how you think codemasters will improve, EA will also improve. Look what a little bit of competition did to Cricket 2005. Its a vastly superior product compared to the crap thats BLIC. They're in completely different leagues.
EA will make money out of this game more than codemasters. ( anyone have any solid sales numbers ? That'll be interesting to see )

Its just like movies -- look at "Cat in the Hat". This movie got 0 stars. Its absolute garbage. But look - it made over $100 million ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312528/business ). Goes to show that sometimes crap can make money. Apply to case in point - BLIC.

Doesn't mean its gold. Its still crap.

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
fanirama said:
The fact that you cannot wait for BLIC to release the next game rather than enjoy or talk about current game means you're disillusioned with BLIC and dejected having wasted money on BLIC.

Just like how you think codemasters will improve, EA will also improve. Look what a little bit of competition did to Cricket 2005. Its a vastly superior product compared to the crap thats BLIC. They're in completely different leagues.
EA will make money out of this game more than codemasters. ( anyone have any solid sales numbers ? That'll be interesting to see )

Its just like movies -- look at "Cat in the Hat". This movie got 0 stars. Its absolute garbage. But look - it made over $100 million ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312528/business ). Goes to show that sometimes crap can make money. Apply to case in point - BLIC.

Doesn't mean its gold. Its still crap.

Yes, I am looking forward for next version, but this does not mean the game is crap. I said the next version will be even better. Imo BLIC is the best cricket game out there. As far as reviews goes BLIC is rated much better than cricket 2005. It is great for average cricket fan and also for serious cricket fans especially in multiplayer.

EA wil improve, I hope they do. They bought men who made BLC 99 and after so many years still are not able to make game better than BLC 99 which is a shame. BLIC is number one for the first week and for cricket game it's some accomplishment, EA fans will fortunately or unfortunately by cricket 2005, which is buggy and boring and that's how they will make some money.

NFSU, was very popular. It is nothing but platic cars crashing and touching the sky, and it made lot of money, people liked it, now will you call that as a crap.

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
BLIC has become No.1 thanks to BLC99.
Don't expect the same thing with BLIC 2006 unless a patch is released by codemasters addressing the AI issues and bugs.
BLIC 2005 is good game but the AI is an absolute crap.So the people who purchased it will get fed up with it in a month or so and next time they will be cautious when buying a cricket game from Codemasters.

If Codemasters release a patch for BLIC 2005 im sure that the people will look forward to its next cricket releases without any doubt.

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
I think BLIC's a great game and it deserves to be No.1.It dosen't really matter why people buy the game because usually the main reason is that they want to play it.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
BLIC certainly deserves to be number 1 and have proved to EA after being away from the scene they can still produce a game and reach number 1! EA should start listening to their fans if they ever want to go number 1. fair enough BLIC has some issues with AI etc... but end of the day we will crack the AI files and improve the AI its just a matter of time. when i bought cricket 2005 i thought this game would top BLIC but after i found of the stupid bugs i eventually got fed up with the crap game and deleted it... what a waste of MB that game was!

Users who are viewing this thread