Brian Lara Cricket Press Release and Screenshots

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Full Text, direct from Codemasters:

"Brian Lara International Cricket ? the perfect all-rounder takes to the pitch this summer!

February 3rd 2005 (2pm UK time) ? He?s back in to bat! Brian Lara, one of cricket?s greatest ever players and one of video gaming?s biggest sports icons, returns to game screens this summer in Brian Lara International Cricket for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

Bringing its heritage of being the definitive cricket game series, Brian Lara International Cricket comes ten years after Codemasters launched the original Brian Lara game and over five years since the series appeared on any platform.

As the ultimate hit and run experience, Brian Lara International Cricket will capture all the exciting, athletic, skilful and technical elements of the sport.

In a tense battle between batting and bowling, its your chance to defend the honour of your chosen country in gripping One-Day Internationals, atmospheric Test Matches, fast Double Wicket games, challenging tournaments and even historic clashes ? including the Test Match of 1882, which led to the creation of the Ashes!

In addition to the world?s best cricket players and stadia from around the world, Brian Lara International Cricket also includes a classic squad featuring some of the greatest names from cricket history.

If you want to get your skills up to international standards, there are Practice Nets to get in shape and then, when you?re ready to play alongside the world?s best, the full team and player editing lets you pick the squad.

Get out on the pitch and experience the fluid, dynamic gameplay mechanics that make batting, bowling and fielding equally enthralling to play.
You?ll be bowling bouncers and hitting sixes in no time if you can take the deliveries from the professionals.

If you?re feeling really competitive, there?s multiplayer action for up to four players, with 2 players per team. Players can join the team at any time during a match, providing perfect drop in or drop out play ? perfect if you?re engaged in a 5-day Test!

Visually reflecting the contemporary style of televised cricket, the game will also offer intelligent commentary from some of the biggest and recognisable names in cricket, including Jonathan Agnew, David Gower and Ian Bishop.

Here are the 16 screenshots of BLIC released by Codemasters, click on each screenshot to enlarge it. All images are from the Xbox version.

Essential for fans of the sport, and a cracking multiplayer game in its own right, Brian Lara International Cricket will bowl you over this summer when it?s published by Codemasters for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. Prepare to don your cricket whites online at www.codemasters.com/brianlara

# ENDS #

NOTE: In Australia and New Zealand, the game will be published as 'Ricky Ponting International Cricket' "

Screenshots to follow in a few hours

brad352

Executive member
Well, they've done a great job of telling us absolutely nothing, it's all PR-talk

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
lol
Almost identical to the Ricky Ponting one (which rg admitted added nothing new) with the word Brian Lara substituted in.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There are some PS2 screen shots to download but my internet explorer hangs whenever I click on the download link

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
The Champ said:
Friends can u tell me the system requirements for the game.

I own only a P3 1 ghz

System requirements aren't out yet, but I'm nopt too sure a p3 1Ghz would run the game decently, if at all.

sarwan

Club Cricketer
is 4x(64mb) video card sufficient?????or shud i go for 8x motherboard.

aditya123

National Board President
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
gr8 screens for an unfinished game,
sometimes screenshots can give u an idea of the motion capture and animations in the game
Whatever i can say is that the game seems to have gr8 motion capture !
Look at the running between the wickets screen (batsman dragging his bat) and the slip fielder taking a catch !
I think the batspeed shud be realistic

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i hope they make it work with intell chipsets graphics. becuase that would be a let down to users with crap graphic cards.

screens look awesome!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I hope this version of BLC is for WinXP. I am itching t get the game on. Crickt2004 is starting to get stale!!

gold639

International Coach
I hope this game has terrific graphics.....thats what I want in cricket games-good graphics(and of course good gameplay lol)......esp. as I have a top-of-the range gfx card :D

aditya123

National Board President
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
the stance is cool too !! ITS IN THE GAME
:clap

EA SPORTS and HB watch out , there is some competition for u guys now and people do not have to necessarily buy ur crap cricket games anymore!
Only the fittest survive and from what thse early screens indicate , the fittest might be BLIC2005 !
IMO , it will be interesting to see how EA react to this press release if they do check out the progress made by their rivals !
Competition is always good for the genre .
EA never had any press release on their website or even a few screenshots
All the early screens of c2k4 were posted on the gaming websites and not on EA AUS website
EA have not yt posted any relevant info on their c2k4 website !
Just half a page of info !
Codies hve done a gr8 job in keeping us updated on the progress of the game which EA never did
In fact EA did not do any favour to themselves by not keeping the public updated with the info on c2k4 and by not releasing bug fixes .

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Sarwan, how will they know the requirements when the game is not finished yet?! Theres still a few months until its released, be patient.

On a more positive note, the game looks fantastic considering its still not completed.

Last edited:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
sohail said:
i hope they make it work with intell chipsets graphics. becuase that would be a let down to users with crap graphic cards.

They may do, but I see no reason why they should. After all, there's only so far a game can go backwardly compatible before it stops doing justice to those with decent graphics cards. If you have old/non-game equipment, then you shouldn't expect games companies to make games to suit you.

saisrini80 said:
I hope this version of BLC is for WinXP.

If a game these days isn't comptatible with Windows XP, then whoever programmed it should be shot. Of course it will be! XP has been out for almost 4 years now!

Users who are viewing this thread