Brian Lara Cricket Press Release and Screenshots

vibs89

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Isn't it supposed the press relase give us all the information about the game and all the features

mohsinali6

School Cricketer
First Post :D
hey, how come the umpires dont have hats like in real life

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
They may do, but I see no reason why they should. After all, there's only so far a game can go backwardly compatible before it stops doing justice to those with decent graphics cards. If you have old/non-game equipment, then you shouldn't expect games companies to make games to suit you.

andrew is back again with the same argument he had with me on cricket2002.tk forums when c2k4 was released - BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY
do u remember that andrew ? When c2k4 was released many of us on the c2k2.tk forums complained about th game not being compatible with intel 810 gfx and u had a similar argumnt ! :D

the twin

Club Cricketer
wowwow123 said:
u guys think my pc is going to support the game
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b
Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Description: Realtek AC97 Audio

well my computer is fast and it runs all the game fine like nba 2005 nhl 2005 but when i play some big game on maximum resulotion speed gets lil low but on 1280 by 600 its fine

While we don't yet know what the system requirements will be, I would be horrified if it didn't work on your system. It certainly wouldn't on mine, if that were the case!

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
There is not other way to play this game rather then just using your computer as ps2 or ebox because either you have to pay 200 dollars switching the ntsc version to pal and that requires alot of money which obviousely non of us teenagers have.So if the game doesnt work in wowo's computer it certinly wouldnt work on my computer for sure.

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
People who live in north america has to have a perfect computer to run this game other wise they wont get the chance to play this game any other way.As there wont be a version of ntsc for north american playstation.SOny vio will do the thing by i have e machin which i just got and it runs cricket 2004 perfectly.COnsidereng as have people mentioned that this games graphic looks like 2002 then this game will run as smooth as it could have.

squiz

International Coach
stevie said:
And Jeff Thompson.
sigh

he's one of the worst commentators I've heard, next to Waqar Younis of course.

The screens look really good, and it's only in early stages still so we still got a while to go. Good Stuff!

sarwan

Club Cricketer
tony greig in commentary.....nuff said.simplyyyyy suuuperrrrrb.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
aditya123 said:
andrew is back again with the same argument he had with me on cricket2002.tk forums when c2k4 was released - BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY
do u remember that andrew ? When c2k4 was released many of us on the c2k2.tk forums complained about th game not being compatible with intel 810 gfx and u had a similar argumnt ! :D

Yes and the argument is still the same. They shouldn't have to make the game backwardly compatible. You wouldn't expect them to make the game for the original Playstation, would you?

sarwan said:
tony greig in commentary.....nuff said.simplyyyyy suuuperrrrrb.

I hope we can turn of individual commentators, without turning the others off. I don't want to fall asleep while listening to the game.

wowwow123 said:
u guys think my pc is going to support the game
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b
Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Description: Realtek AC97 Audio

well my computer is fast and it runs all the game fine like nba 2005 nhl 2005 but when i play some big game on maximum resulotion speed gets lil low but on 1280 by 600 its fine

We don't know the system requirements yet. We're just the messengers, we don't actually work for Codemasters or Swordfish!

mohsinali6 said:
First Post :D
hey, how come the umpires dont have hats like in real life

Remember, these are all "work in progress" screenshots. They're not quite complete yet.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I don't really feel too bad about the backwards compatibility issue these days. Looking at a price sheet in front of me it's AU$75 for a 128 MB Radeon 9250 or a 128 MB GeForceFX 5200 (both Asus, a good brand), which are recent model low-end cards that should be able to handle most games around with pleasing performance. Considering games retail at around this price (here, at least), I think it's a fair price to pay for an upgrade that, if you're using onboard video, is compulsory for modern gaming.

I myself have an old and trusty 64 MB GeForce2 Ti, which works well enough, except perhaps with the latest wonders like Doom 3 and FarCry, so if you're willing to do a little hunting, reading trading posts, going to swap meets or even using teh intarweb, you could probably find an older card with plenty of punch quite cheaply.

I know there are plenty of good reasons why you can't always upgrade, (like I said, my PC is no piece of cutting edge technology) but when you find the games don't run on your heap of junk, either start putting aside the money you need, beg your parents for a new one or just accept the fact that your box is really just a somewhat expensive coffee table.

sarwan

Club Cricketer
i would have changed my 4x card geforce mx 400(64mb).but problem is my mainboard has 4x agp.so i have to change them both.nearly 10K rupeeees.a bit tooo much.

Nav-D

School Cricketer
Make the graphics as good as possible, the people asking for the graphics to be rubbish just so that it can run on their systems are a bunch of idiots and should keep their mouths shut. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

sarwan

Club Cricketer
never said that.i totally agreeee with andrew,have the hardware ,play it.else forget the daaaaaaamn thing.dont worry,i will change my comp for that.a good AMD 64 waitin for me to be blessed.

brad352

Executive member
The graphics in those screenies don't impress me at all, even ignoring the aliasing that comes from it being the XBox version

sarwan said:
i would have changed my 4x card geforce mx 400(64mb).but problem is my mainboard has 4x agp.so i have to change them both.nearly 10K rupeeees.a bit tooo much.
There is very little performance difference between 4x and 8x AGP, and 8x AGP cards will run at 4x with no problems

I hope that they don't bother supporting crap like Intel integrated graphics, if you want to play decent games then buy a decent graphics card. However, I think they will, simply because of the sheer number of people with them :mad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread