Sam.exe patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKenn01

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am new to these forums having had Cricket 2004 for two weeks. I have the following problem with the Sam.exe file. When I replace original Cricket 2004 exe (4.22mb ) with the Sam.exe file (0.97mb)and attempt to load the game, the game does not load and defaults back to the windows desktop screen. I am running Windows Millenium. Obivously I am doing something wrong, any help / ideas as to how to get the patch to work properly would be much appreciated.

Hero

Club Captain
You should try to reinstall the game if any other method does not seem to work.

GKenn01

School Cricketer
Have already tried this without any difference. Have also tried reloading sam.exe patch. Anyone any other ideas?

The Champ

International Coach
Friend i have a doubt i had this problem when i replaced the shortcut to crickret 2004.exe with sam.exe did u do thew same thing or u replaced the one in root directory

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
how i did was when asked bout a desktop icon (on installing) say yes, and then replace it. cause that will work dont replace the one in c:/program files/ea sports/cricket 2004.

GKenn01

School Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
Just let me check something......

You downloaded the file, then ran it to extract the replacement exe?

In short yes, I take it that I should be replacing the Cricket 2004 exe on my desktop and leaving the original exe as it was.

Graham

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
There's no point replacing the short cut or the copy on the desktop, you have to replace the original in your root directory. (i.e. X:/Program Files/EA Sports/Cricket 2004)
Easiest thing to do is put the exe you've downloaded in the root directory; run it and it will patch the cricket2004.exe file.
There is an official thread for Sam's exe right below this one so I'm going to close this and you can post any more problems in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread