Story Sam Spurway's Road to Glory - Two Runs To Win - Has Spurway Won Himself A Beer?

Is Spurway good enough to be playing First-Class?

• Definately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Yet

• Probably Not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Should be a close game although I think that the blue team will get this as they have wickets in hand.

Nice presentation!

domiw

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
With Trego thinking that the game will be over in a couple of overs, I feel it is my job to roll over the strike, and hit the bad ball. Well.. not really hit.. I mean smash, smash the bad balls. I need to begin to see the ball now, I reckon that should take this over.

The Blues are Chasing 43 off 6 overs

Parosns is bowling, and I am on strike. Short, i go back and CRACK! I have toed it, but I played it into the gap, it trickles away for four, there is no-one there to stop it. He has bowled a wide one and i am leaving it. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Hopefully that will help my case, Gazzard has just completely missed one, and it is going for 4 byes! Now keith has pitched one up, I am going forward to cover drive... Snick! No way!

Snicko-11.gif

Oh thank God! I really thought he was going to give it. I didn't edge it, not a chance, if I had edged it I'd have walked. But i didn't hit it, it clipped my pad on it's way through to the keeper. Unfortunately, my bat was next to the ball at the time it hit my pad, and could have been given! Next ball is a half-volley, and I get to it well, and on-drive it into the gap. Trego puts me back on strike the ball after, and I absolutely cream a ball for six to finish the over, a great over that really boosted the run rate, going for 22!! Yous could tell Keith's frustration, as he snatched his cap from the umpire and marched to his position.

4corns3.jpg

BTW Suren can you please remove the poll?

Last edited:

domiw

Club Cricketer
Trego gives me the strike after one ball of the over, and it's Francis bowling, he has just been brought back. He bowls a full toss and.. 'thanks for coming'. Six more to my score, which take me to 18 off 7, pretty quick I'd say! For some reason Francis doesn't learn from his mistakes, and bowls me the exact same ball again! Well, if he wants to give me free runs, he can! Six more to my score! Finally he gets it right and I block it. He bowls again.. That's too far outside off. My cover-drive only gets a single. Trego blocks out the rest of the over surprisingly, and tells me that we have time, but he will still win it with a six, and we make a bet on who will win it with a six, whoever wins it with a six, buys the other a beer,and if no-one does, then they have the buy the whole team a beer each!

The Blues are Chasing 11 off 4 overs

Caddick is also back, and bowls one outside off, too pitched up and I try to loft it over cover. I don't quite hit it well enough, and there is a man standing where I have hit it... Luckily it drops short and I pick up one. Trego manages to get a one off the next two balls, one of which is a no-ball. And that means i'm on strike again. Bouncer, CRACK, four runs! We only need 5 runs for victory now, this is prime time to hit a six! I flick the next ball just over mid-wicket for a single, Trego then late cuts one, taking a lot of pace of the ball off, which can only get 1 run. I am facing the last ball of the over, and I push it just past the bowler for one, not hard enough to hit four, and not soft enough for the bowler to pick-up.

2corns4.jpg

The ball never came for either Peter or I to hit that six, but I am on strike for this over. I don't even walk up to Trego at the end of the over, I just shout "Get Ready To Order Me A Beer!" It is Laraman to bowl, and i am on strike, with 3 over and 2 runs to win. I am going for the six... I come down the wicket and hit it straight and high.. It's going for six! or is it?

DOWN-THE-WICKET.gif

BTW Suren can you please remove the poll?

Highlander999

ICC President
Great update. I thinking OUT :p

Excellent updates mate and a really good read. If you want suren to remove the poll it is probably easier to PM him

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Is this going to be updated as i've just been reading it and I love it domiw KUTGW reps for an awesome story.

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Mate, can you please tell us who won? I really want to know! :)

Users who are viewing this thread