Story Sam Spurway's Road to Glory - Two Runs To Win - Has Spurway Won Himself A Beer?

Is Spurway good enough to be playing First-Class?

• Definately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Yet

• Probably Not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Highlander999

ICC President
Well mate, that update was simply astonishing. The effort you put into that deserves at the very least reps. Very small point and it is very small. Sheriyar is a left arm bowler and would not go around the wicket normally? But apart from that superb update, as I said it was only a minor issue.

This story is top class. Keep it up

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
Brilliant story mate, I can tell your putting a lot of effort into this story and I can tell you now, it is certainly keeping me entertained. Well Done!, I'll keep watching this space in the future.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Brilliant efforts! :clap Well, good luck in T20. Hope you can make a good comeback in this match. Looking forward to it. :)

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
great bowl out....superb efforts..cant wait for T20....great gfx...loved the way u showed the bowl out...juts plz reduce the speed of it....KUTGW

domiw

Club Cricketer
great bowl out....superb efforts..cant wait for T20....great gfx...loved the way u showed the bowl out...juts plz reduce the speed of it....KUTGW

sry about that, file size would be much bigger and my computer cant handle it

domiw

Club Cricketer
After the bowl-out, we had half an hour of chill, until we had to have the toss for the twenty20. This was obviously meant to be the key event, and I saw this as the coach being unsure of a few things, needing a decision; firstly, which keeper, Gazzard or me, secondly, who to play as skipper, Probably Langer, Tresco or Cadds, and also who can score quick runs. Tresco had been given a go on matchday, and now it was Justin and Cadds' time. We chilled for about 15 minutes before we agreed to stretch, loosen up our arms, just generally warm-up.

Game 1 of the Somerset CCC Tournament
The Twenty20

Justin was ready for the toss 10 minutes before it actually had to be tossed. He walked out to the middle, with Andy Hurry and another one of the coaches, who were to umpire the match, and shortly, Andy Caddick strutted out towards the wicket. It was like a schoolboy game, where we don't know the result of the toss until the captain comes back and tells us. Justin walked back, and from about twenty metres away, he said "I lost the toss, we're fielding!"

The Red Team
Opening1.gif

Everything was set, Sheriyar ran in to bowl the first ball.

Bouncer.gif

There was a short stunned silence as we all heard the dull thud of the ball crashing into Neil's Helmet. I sprinted towards him. He was down, but certainly not out. He didn't stand up, but simply took his helmet off where he lay. There was a cut where the plastic had bashed him in the side of his head. We all knew what this meant. This was no longer a practice game, this is war.

SORRY FOR TAKING AGES TO DO THIS UPDATE BUT NOW I HAVE THE WHOLE MATCH PLAYED WITH SCREENIES AND UPDATES WILL BE FREQUENT AGAIN

domiw

Club Cricketer
Sheriyar bowled a good over first up, and it went for three runs in total. Phillips had an erratic over next, with a few edges and a few boundaries, with 18 coming off it.

Tappitch.jpg

Sheriyar then topped that over with 14 coming off his. Phillips finally got what he deserved and after two very close misses, he picked up the wicket. He got a touch and that was all that mattered I swallowed the catch and chucked it up as high as I could. Wood was on strike, because by the time I had got the ball under control, they had somehow managed to cross. Anyway, wood was out next ball by a peach which nipped away a bit, I snaffled it and we were celebrating again.

4-corners-animated.gif

After two play and misses, then two wickets, the last two balls were sent for 6! Sheriyar went for seven off his over, but did pick up a wicket. We had set a man on the deep cover boundary, expecting the Reds to drive over the top, and that was exactly what Blacky did. A few over?s, wickets and big hits later (At the end of the sixth over) we were where we wanted to be, with the Reds pacing it on 58 ? 5.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The first update of this match has a nice build up.. ( it's a war! ) ;) And regarding the current situation, i think wicket column should be what the batting team would be bit worried. Lets see how it goes. :)

Keep up the great works. :thumbs

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Trouble for the batting side. 5 wickets down is a lot compared to their score.

Nice presentation! Try using less animations as they will become boring if you use them alot, although they looks great:)

domiw

Club Cricketer
Trouble for the batting side. 5 wickets down is a lot compared to their score.

Nice presentation! Try using less animations as they will become boring if you use them alot, although they looks great:)
Beautiful work. As KX said don't go OTT with animations. But so far this is excellent work :)

Yeah it is a bit busy but i didn't want to drag it out in lots of pictures.:onpc

domiw

Club Cricketer
After 3 overs each of Sheriyar and Phillips, Justin decided it was time for a change. With Charl Willoughby in pain, He chose White and Andrew. White's first over was great, he bowled good lines and it only went for three runs, as did Andrew's first over. White went for 7 on his next, and once again, Andrew copied. White's 3rd was the best of the day, and it went for 4 runs and 1 wicket. That meant that Gazzard was in. Andrew stuggled to imitate that and the over went: . . 4 . 2 1 = 7 off it, Gazzard still not faced a ball

Whitecelebrate.jpg

White Celebrates The Wicket Of Blackwell

Cameron went for 10, and Andrew was set to bowl his last over. He clean Bowled Gazzard first ball!!! oh no he didn't... It's a no-ball. Next ball... He has seen it outside off, he's gone for the cover drive... it's going over the infield.. no it's not... HE'S OUT. Andrew then just was hit for 4s from the rest of his over. Andrew came off, replaced by Turner who only lasted 1 over, being dispatched for 16 runs of his. White, then bowled his last, bowling 3 great balls and 3 bad balls, going for 12.

Untitled-1.jpg

Gazzard loses his wicket after only just escaping his first ball

That brought the Red Team to 152 -7 off 15 overs

Users who are viewing this thread