Story Sam Spurway's Road to Glory - Two Runs To Win - Has Spurway Won Himself A Beer?

Is Spurway good enough to be playing First-Class?

• Definately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Yet

• Probably Not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

domiw

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
thx for all the comments guys, i will do another update tomorrow or today

domiw

Club Cricketer
Sam Spurway; The star of Somerset [ICC 3] - End of Day 2

After the first session, the runs kept coming. I had been speaking to Smith and he certainly wasn?t happy about me laughing at him and he seemed determined to prove himself to me and the coach. he ended up running 130 runs in 1s, 2s, and 3s. They scored pretty fat and declared at the end of day 2. At the end of the second session, they were on 334-0, with Ed Smith on 169* and Ben Hutton in 138*. I think the last session on day two was ours actually, we picked up 5 wickets for a pacey 184 runs, shocker i know. My performance was.. on the better side of the fence. iI let through 1 bye in the first session, 2 in the second, and 1 in the third, so I let through four overall. I had heaps of appeals and i think half of them were out although i shouldn?t be saying that. When Smith was on about 90-something he edged one far to my right and I dived and nearly made it, but my slip was the one who let the chance go begging. He pulled a 'Herschel Gibbs' by thinking he had it and start celebrating but ends up dropping it. There was another chance, which Langer made a mess of, it swirled and got caught in the sun he says, but down it went, and Ed raced on. So the day ended with them declaring and their score was 518-5 Dec. We have a deficit of 276 now, I think that we are gonna have to try and either draw or mount a huge total now.

8copy.png

Im sure the predicta winner knows who he is already. Spurway let through 4 byes, so the answer was B! Thank you KX and Highlander for your submition, reps go to Freddiw.

Predicta-1.png

domiw

Club Cricketer
Thx for comments guys, will do an update today or tomorrow

domiw

Club Cricketer
<-- Listen to that song while you read this.

After Andy Hurry the coach and Trescothick the captain had spoken to us about the day's play, and whats we have to do now, which was mostly inspirational stuff, Holding out in the next innings, dont give anything away and he'd rather we get 50 not out off 200 balls, than 100 out off 50 balls. Everyone hung around for 10 mins, talking or playing cards or ps3. Some of us decided to go down to the nets after. A couple of people wanted to, and a couple of people pulled out, so in the end Wes, Cameron, James and I were going down to the nets at 7:00. James batted first with me in the next net. Wes and Cameron bowled for a bit, and then used th bolwing machines. After about an hour, we changed round, James ran the bowling machine as usual, but i was wicketkeeping while Wes batted, i set the machine to auto, and started practice. I took a few high, a few low, and almost took an impossible chance that Wes had edged. It was a great session until.. A short ball was coming at Wes, and he leant out of the way but.. It kicked up and into him. It struck him square in the neck, under his visor. Immediatly he crumpled without making a noise. I shouted at James and cameron to get a physio or an ambulance. James ran over while Cameron grabbed his phone. He was unconsious for sure... and i had no idea whether he was breathing. he just lay there, still... He had a pulse, but it was slow, and I couldnt tell if it was normal. We all rode in the abulance, everyone silent. I think i am closest to wes out of all of us. The people at the hospital said something about his vocal chords being damaged and a long word for the official name of the damage, but i wasnt listening, i was just thinking of how it happened so quickly. I'd rather not talk about th emotional moments of tonight, but i can say i waited by his bed for a good 4 and half hours before he woke up, he couldnt talk, but it was enough for me to go home, i have seen him wake up, he is okay.. not quite okay, but.. not dead.

ianbotham2_80x107.jpg
Welcome to another days play at Lords. So far we have seen both teams bat, one batted for one day, and the other batted for a bit more than that. Somerset currently reside 276 runs behind. We have news that the somerset line-up will be weakened. Wesley durstoned a recieved a neck injury while training. He wont be taking any part in the current match and looks like that will be the pattern for the next few matches to come. Tresco' and Langer are going to be the ones who have to hold out and make a solid base as previously. anything could happen now. Early morning on day 3. Cracks are emerging and it will be hard t play. Somerset are going to bat all day on this, continue to tick over the runs, gain a lead and bowl well. anything can happen, middlesex have the lead and i really believe this will be an interesting game of cricket

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread