Story Sam Spurway's Road to Glory - Two Runs To Win - Has Spurway Won Himself A Beer?

Is Spurway good enough to be playing First-Class?

• Definately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Yet

• Probably Not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

domiw

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
second post re-done as well. now to gt onto an update :)

gutterman

International Cricketer
the second post is much better alot easier to read now good stuff

domiw

Club Cricketer
update will be done tommorow, sorry for lack of updates

domiw

Club Cricketer
9copy.png

nasser_hussain.jpg
Hello fans, The 5th wicket has just fallen, not including Durston's retired hurt. Cameron White just edged one into Nash's gloves. They had 3 slips in place, a gully, a short backward point, a short leg, a short mid-wicket , a mid-wicket and a square leg in place to White. I think it was mostly pressure that got the wicket, he was on 15 off only 7 balls when he tried to drive a back-of-a-length-ball. Sam spurway the young wicketkeeper is now sent to the crease. It will be up to him and ian Balckwell, who is on 30* to save the match. With one hour and nineteen minutes left of day 3, and Somerset only 65 runs ahead. I think somerset will need to bat this bat out, and make some runs in session 1 tomorrow.

I made sure I had my helmet on, and walked out once more. The feeling of everyone in sight cheering you, was just incredible. This was only the second time i had ever felt it, and it was good. Murali Kartik had 5 balls left in his over, and he was the bolwer i struggled to face most out of the whole Middlesex side. He had picked up my wicket in the first innings, and i was determined to not let it happen again. I decided to take two guards, a bit like Sachin Tendulkar sometimes does, who i have always thought of as a role model. Middle, and leg I called. I took a bit longer than i should have, just to soak up the feeling. I looked at Kartik, looked at my feet, tapped my bat, lifted it up, flexed my knees and I was set to explode.

The contest continues
Predicta-1.png

domiw

Club Cricketer

85.1 White Full toss on middle stump, White attempts to drive and edges it, it is a stunning reaction catch by Nash
85.2 Spurway Kartik gives it flight, it pitches on middle and off and rips into Spurway’s body, well blocked
85.3 Spurway Down leg, Spurway dodges.
85.4 Spurway It's a half volley and Spurway tries to drive, he inside edges it and its safe, no run.
85.5 Spurway Forward defensive, no run.
85.6 Spurway back foot defensive, no run.

Oh well, i feel like i can see the ball well enough, at least this relationship between Kartik and I isn't quite like Ponting's and Harby's. first ball of the next over, Blackwell flicks off his legs for 1 run, I’ve got 5 more to face again. It's a half volley and.. BANG on-drive for four, oooh yeah. I block out three more balls before leg-glancing one to deep-backward square for a single. Now for an over of Murali Kartik, his first ball I block, and the second I push into the cover region, and take a cheeky single, Kartik fields it. Blacky takes a single off the 4th ball and I block out the last 2. Blacky plays out a maiden, and then I Block 3 of the next over before taking a single. Blacky stretches for the fifth ball of Kartik's over, He goes forward to the sixth, OH NO, he's edged it and slip's caught it, he's out!
Seeing him walk off, made me think of the pressure that had just been heaped upon my back. It was like a sack of bricks had magically appeared on my neck. All the pressure was on me, I could imagine the commentators imagining the voice of Richie Benaud Well, it looks like Sam Spurway will have to bat it out, and play a marvelous innings. He was bowled by the ball of the match last innings, and looked very promising.

Real Richie Benaud
RichieBenaudcopy.png
Heh, heh heh. The young, inexperienced wicketkeeper is looking slightly better now, even though I can see his nerves from here. *chuckles* He is shaking in his boots, literally, from the commentary box i can see him slumping and shaking.

Well, its me on strike. I take a single off the fourth ball of the ninetieth over. Sheriyar plays out the rest of the over and its me again. I take a single, and soon regret my decision. Sheriyar spoons it to mid-off on the third ball. Richardson walks out, and leaves the last two balls. The first ball of the next over is a half-volley. I strike it beautifully and mid-off stops it with a great dive. I end up being on strike for the next two balls and can’t get a single. Charl, grabs a single of the second ball, and despite my efforts, including a classy cut shot, I can’t take a run off the rest of the over, which is very annoying because of what happened next. Munday suddenly started throwing up in the dressing room, and Willoughby was bowled round his legs. I had finished on 10*.

10copy.png

NOBODY WINS PREDICTA

Users who are viewing this thread