Story Sam Spurway's Road to Glory - Two Runs To Win - Has Spurway Won Himself A Beer?

Is Spurway good enough to be playing First-Class?

• Definately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Yet

• Probably Not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I have already mentioned about this story in reply to your PM. Keep the same work going and I am sure, you will be in next month's SOTM nominations. :)

nasserhussain.jpg
Hello fans, welcome to day 4 of this County Championship match. We have Somerset in the field today, and the Middlesex on 27-0. Here come the two opening batsman, Hutton on 19 and Smith on 6. Hutton has had most of the strike although Smith has been ticking it over; looking for singles, while Hutton has taken all the opportunities for runs available. Spurway has been keeping very well so far, he almost took a catch diving forward, but it didn’t carry. Somerset are really struggling now. They need 10 wickets in the space of one day, or 53 runs if they are to win this match.

I was pleased with my 10* with Wes out for this week, I can’t believe im saying this but it does mean I might be moved up the order. Michael Munday can't play the rest of the match; he came down very sick after throwing up. So now we have no spinners. I haven't let any byes through so far, and I don’t plan to let through any more. I still believe we can win this, well... I have to; otherwise I wouldn't be in the Somerset first XI dressing room!

First ball of day four, Willoughby runs in. oh yes! What a marvelous catch by Cameron at short leg. In the sixteenth over, Willoughby steamed in, and bowled two exceptional deliveries. The first one is the blue Hawkeye below, which turned out to be out said Hawkeye. And the second is the yellow line, which also turned out to be out. I took a catch which the same umpire claimed didn’t carry. I know I caught it, and Peter Hartley, the square leg umpire had a chat with the Vanburn Holder, the straight umpire. They didn’t check what third umpire thought about it, but if they did, they would have found that it was out. So Owais Shah should have been out once, and Smith should have been out twice. I was outraged. We lost.. by 9 wickets. I think we should have lost by at least 7 wickets, if not less.

11copy.png

Here are Middlesex's Scorer's. Although Somerset are filing a complaint about umpire Vanburn Holder, who made 3 very, very poor calls, one of them, dismissing the chance to use new technology. The other two were LBW which didn’t hit outside the line, weren’t going to miss, and the second one hit pad first . Anyway, here are the wagonwheels for the batsmen.

12copy.png

What is we these dogdy umpires they can't give any right decisions

13_01-down.gif

I went to see Wes on the 21st. He was good, and he said that he felt like he could get out of bed and play that day, but the doctor said otherwise. It was all 'ifs' and 'risks' with him. (It was mostly 'if he plays he risks his life'). It was sad to see him, but also satisfying. He wasn't as bad as i remember, on the day when he was hit. We are playing Glamorgan in a FPT match. It should be close but I believe we will win. I went out for a drink with a few of the second team lads. Robin Lett, Robert Woodman, and Ben Philips. We spent a bit too long in there and all got drunk, we ended up staying in a nearby hotel and all of us except Ben, who was rung in the morning by his girlfriend, were late for practice. Craig had to go away for South Africa youth training. Gazzard was set to play in the match after Glamorgan, so I still had I chance. I had impressed, I thought, Averaging 17 in the match. Anyway. Tomorrow is matchday, and i really have to concentrate. I played crap in the practice, because of my hangover, but the coach didn't know that.

good to see drunk people in these stories though i am not endorsing it i do it alot my self

First post updated with challenge Trophy FPT fixtures

Fixtures
20 July Somerset VS Essex

20 July Semi Finals T.B.D
20 July Semi Finals T.B.D
just curious why have 3 matches on the same day when the two semi finals are a different format

Nice story mate :). Love the presentation and the graphics. Great work with the animation and hawkeye :)

I already knew that I was in the team. I was the only keeper they had. I have to prove to them though, that I am the keeper they need. Carl is still on paternal leave, although he will be back after today’s match. Craig is still away on his South Africa youth training and he’ll be back in two matches’ time, after the Sussex game. When I looked at the team sheet I didn’t see anything that I disagreed with extremely. My only objection was to James Hildreth being dropped. He is averaging 40.5 in cricket this season, which shows that he’s in good form. Matthew wood is being brought in for this one-day game. He did excellently last year, averaging over 43. James Francis was brought in for Wes. James also did very well in one days last year, he averaged over 44. I expect if either of them claim a low score, James Hildreth will be brought back. Our home ground is renound for being a batsman’s paradise. It was perfect for my style of cricket. I don’t bowl, and I want it to be carrying through cleanly as a keeper.

i4432_14.gif

We all arrived on time at Taunton on time, I made sure I got there half an hour early, and only ended up being 10 minutes early! I wasn’t thinking and I took the busiest road I could have taken. Anyway, I arrived on time, and we had a great warm up session. Then, it was time for Marcus to toss the coin. He called a confident “Tails!” It was heads, the Glamorgan skipper chose to bat, and I needed to pull on the gloves. We walked out into the middle. Everyone had their shirts tucked in, jogging into their position. Andy Caddick and Carl Willoughby were going to open, and Andy was at the end of his run.

Predicta.png

just curious why have 3 matches on the same day when the two semi finals are a different format

meant to be 10th. changing now

Users who are viewing this thread