ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
bakshikshitiz said:
This is what my local newspaper said. What do you think about it?

Sourav is likely to get the answer soon,

"The team tht u are willing to join is HOUSEFULL, try again later!!!"

:happy :happy :happy :happy :happy

Last edited:

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
might be this can happen and afterall dravid is not acting like same guy as he was in past, he is now captain and he got proud on himself and now a days he is not so nice with others.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
y2j826 said:
might be this can happen and afterall dravid is not acting like same guy as he was in past, he is now captain and he got proud on himself and now a days he is not so nice with others.

I agree with that. I know saurav is a fantastic player, and he was more the best indian captain. see , he was the one who drove india to the finals of the WC 2003. No one after Kapil Dev has ever done that. And when it comes to dravid, I think he should be limited only till test cricket, as we can see from his batting as he doesn't like to play shots. If we talk about Ganguly's long bad form, We should also remember his commendable contributions to our team. And even Sehwag has been in bad form for a long time. why dont they take him out? Why this problem only started when Chappell took over.John Wright had no problem at all. I think it is a bit of politics by dravid and chappell together

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
bakshikshitiz said:
This is what my local newspaper said. What do you think about it?

how does that funny newspaper predict the happenings of indian cricket in the next 6 months? what is the difference then, between that newspaper and an astrologer?

y2j826 said:

there is nothing wrong with dravid, its just that he is not trying to act nice to people and is doing his job with the guys offered to him by the selectors. dont paint dravid in such a bad light. yes, i am not that impressed with his captaincy, but i dont agree with what you said.

The thing is, India need lot of experience in the test matches. And in the ODI's, India need the seniors to keep the juniors on their toes and make them perform or perish. Saurav should still be a frontline choice in the test matches. And in the ODI's, he can fill in whenever other players experience drop in form or get injured, etc. He is better than Laxman and a far more contributing player than Mohammed Kaif/Suresh Raina. Yes, he is not as good a fielder as these guys are, but when you already have two top fielders in your line up, you are in pretty safe zone. And with the advent of the new support staff, the fielding of the indians have improved quite rapidly. so saurav will also show his determination in fielding.

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
saisrini80 said:
how does that funny newspaper predict the happenings of indian cricket in the next 6 months? what is the difference then, between that newspaper and an astrologer?

there is nothing wrong with dravid, its just that he is not trying to act nice to people and is doing his job with the guys offered to him by the selectors. dont paint dravid in such a bad light. yes, i am not that impressed with his captaincy, but i dont agree with what you said.

About Dravid, wht he has said might be the after effect of ODI Vs Windies!!!
;) But i too agree with Sai tht its not fair!!!

Also, Newspaper might release these to get some publicity!!!!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
You're talking about Dravid not being a good ODI player? His last 5 performances coming into the ODI series in West Indies were: 92, 20, 69, 65, 46. 3 half-centuries in the last five games, and a century in the first game to wrap it up. His ODI strike rate, at 71, is only marginally less than Ganguly's strike rate, at 73.79. So all the talk about Dravid not being fit for ODI cricket is pathetic, and should have been stopped 6 years ago.

Virender Sehwag out of form? He got two half-centuries in the recently completed ODI series. I don't know what else Indian supporters want--a century every game? Is that when a player is in form?

Mohammad Kaif is an integral part of the team. His batting may not have been optimum in recent times, but with the pathetic fielding display in West Indies, we definitely need as many good fielders out there as possible.

Let's look at the ODI line-up.

Sehwag, Sachin, Dravid, Yuvraj, Kaif and Dhoni are regulars. So unless we want to play 4 bowlers, which means Irfan Pathan will have a heavy weight on his shoulders, there is no place for Ganguly. ODI cricket is as much about saving runs as it is about taking wickets. Ganguly, if played, would provide another bowling option, but he is basically going to be a sheet anchor now (as he showed in his last few innings before he left the game). This would mean we'd have to drop Dravid down the order, which would not be good, seeing that he has been performing up at the top.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I agree that dravid's perfomance in the latest ODI's is very good. I am not saying that ganguly is better than dravid or dravids play is not good (ofcourse his is better than mine) , i want to say that dravid isn't the best captain. If you see captaincy, ganguly is better than dravid. But my main question , Why did this only happen after chappell came up. I dont think the selectors and john wright were sleeping before that dont you think that theres something wrong? Dravids attitude towards the players has also changed

----------------------
I think Ganguly is definitely better than ramesh powar, in everything, the fielding batting etc. ganguly is also very well experienced and senior in the team. Now that Dravids And Chappells Mantra is " Flexibility ", and ganguly has been playing good in the domestic cricket, why cant they give him a chance , when they can give it to useless fielders like Ramesh powar? I dont think there is any compulsory need for his spinning with already two spinners in the team.

Last edited:

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
surendar said:
Sourav is likely to get the answer soon,

"The team tht u are willing to join is HOUSEFULL, try again later!!!"

:happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
another person who dislikes ganguly...

oh well, people these days can't seem to think neutral. Prejudice just keeps coming and coming.

Ganguly making a comeback (if he is) doesn't mean anything about other players. I don't know how credible that newspaper or the news is, but i just hope that people start thinking neutrally. Its annoying when people just blast each other for nothing.

If he's making a come-back based on his performance, and if he performs better than any in the current team, he'll stay. If not, its good bye. That is the case with anyone.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I want Ganguly to get a fair chance, and i feel it more when some useless players are included in the indian squad. and players like ganguly who are playing good in the domestic cricket are not given chance

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
If the top XI players in our country are out there playing cricket, we would be the top team in the world. It is just the way the statistics work out. There are so many millions of people playing cricket in India, that even if only a small percentage are good, there are still better players around.

The problem, ironically, is that there is so much fan support for cricket. If cricket had been a less popular game, such as hockey, the selectors could chop and change and will. Probably wouldn't do the mental strenght of the players any good, but an ideal combination could be found. However, if this was done, fans would not feel the need to identify with any player, and they would lose interest in the game. Hence, bias is part and parcel of cricket and in fact every day life. Anyone who claims they are neutral towards everything are talking out of their ass.

The way Ganguly was dropped from the team was unceremonious. He put in a decent performance and was yet ousted from the game. His captaincy was also showing signs of faltering. There's no doubt that he was amazing in the period before his gloom, but things just became different.

In his last 25 matches as captain in ODI, his record was 11-13-1 (W/L/NR). Not bad, but let's remove wins against Bangladesh, Kenya and Zimbabwe (and keep the loss against Bangladesh), and we get 5-13-1. We won roughly 25% of the games against a decent opposition, in the last 20 matches against them. I know that there are many other factors affecting games, such as batting, bowling, fielding, and that Ganguly is not to blame single-handedly for the losses, but the results weren't coming, either.

This put the selectors in a compromising position. There were people demanding Ganguly's head then, too, because he was a non-contributing member in the team (picked up 673 runs at an average of 28, including minnows, and didn't bowl) AND India were not procuring results.

It is my hope to see Ganguly back in the test team in the near future, but I don't think he is ready to make a comeback into the ODI side. We have found a decent balance in the ODI unit (more so when Sachin comes back) and Ganguly isn't vastly experienced in playing in the West Indies, either. In the event that one of our youngsters get injured, however, I would pick Ganguly for the squad. The thing is that if he's in the squad, he's gotta play. And if he plays, the team composition will have to be rearranged.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I won't mind seeing Ganguly in the squad as a backup. If anyone gets injured, we have the ideal player to replace him, over Laxman.
And Ganguly's bowling isn't as bad as you are making it out to be!!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
ZoraxDoom said:
And Ganguly's bowling isn't as bad as you are making it out to be!!
Who, me? I didn't say anything about Ganguly's bowling, did I, except that he has neglected to use himself.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
sohummisra said:
Who, me? I didn't say anything about Ganguly's bowling, did I, except that he has neglected to use himself.
Not you, everyone else in this thread!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
cricket_lover said:
another person who dislikes ganguly...

oh well, people these days can't seem to think neutral. Prejudice just keeps coming and coming.

Ganguly making a comeback (if he is) doesn't mean anything about other players.

mate... i m not the person who dislike Ganguly for any reasons... i m thinking neutral only!!!!

I liked Ganguly from the year when he took the captaincy!!!! I still remebr those 18 sachin-Ganguly 100 opening patnrship!!! But after 2000 he didnt perform that much to be qualified to be in the team. Very very very rare knocks against good teams. Also playing good knocks against kenya,Namibia is not a big deal!!! Playing against the quality team matters. He played but did not make that much big impact.

He was struggling with shot selection and footworks!!!! Shot pitched ball...Oh my God... even if any kids bowl tht short pitched delivery he is sure to throw his wicket.

Also one thing i observed for nearly 4 years.... whenever Ganguly arrives at the crease the filders will be put right around him on offside near the slip.... Wht Ganguly so frequently did was, he try to hit there that resulted in either catch like a lollypop or caught behind!!!! So he just throws away the wicket.

Also I rember the innings of his last 50 against SL!!! he took 100 balls for that!!!!! Also he took that long time becos of his record of 10000 runs!!!! This is selfishness not the team spirit!!!!

Also Fredy Flintoff said, " We cant play under Ganguly's captainship.... he really thinks that he is the Prince and everyone has to obey him "

The player who is not fit to be in the team cant be allowed just for his past pride!!!!

Also if Ganguly can prove that he iscapable of doing well...then its well and gud.... but for past 3/4 years he proved to be a big failure!!!!

The strength of the current team is infact stronger than the most other teams!!!
I said, " the team is housefull " and thts the fact!!!!

Also one simple thing thts common now a days---"SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST"!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread