Security on CD

pcb21

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
bulletproof nun said:
Thats the thing i have sent them the DXdiag report....THREE times, all on seperate occasions, even though i cant see a point in it

I had the same issue as kamy100 and eventually got the same resolution... i.e. the game now works. I did have to go through sending dxdiag stuff twice, the copy protection diagonstic three times, the hub number printed on the disc twice, then I was sent two different recovery keys. The second one worked.

So whilst the customer service was frustrating and sometimes downright bizarre (they definitely don't read your emails properly... not sure to what degree it is automated) it did eventually work. And for the bugs that kamy and I suffered, there is no other way round it.

D

Deleted member 11215

they need your dxdiag to know why it hasnt been working eg what hardware makes it not work they also use it to make sure you arent emulating the game on a fake drive.

pcb21

School Cricketer
True they need the information, but the dxdiag diagnostic contains a lot less information than the copy protection diagnostic. I think they really needed the former for statistical purposes, to actually generate the recovery key they needed the other file. If they keep asking for dxdiag file, then it may because you generated more than one case number!

bulletproof nun

School Cricketer
pcb21 said:
I had the same issue as kamy100 and eventually got the same resolution... i.e. the game now works. I did have to go through sending dxdiag stuff twice, the copy protection diagonstic three times, the hub number printed on the disc twice, then I was sent two different recovery keys. The second one worked.

So whilst the customer service was frustrating and sometimes downright bizarre (they definitely don't read your emails properly... not sure to what degree it is automated) it did eventually work. And for the bugs that kamy and I suffered, there is no other way round it.

Same experience for me, but after 3 days i now have a working recovery key and have spent all afternoon playing with my mate

p.a i definately know the feeling that some of it may be automated, i got a couple of emails that were actually identical. But anyway it works now so forgive and forget!!

Users who are viewing this thread