Semi Final 1: Pakistan vs South Africa

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right, well the Super 8's are done and dusted, time to move to this big game.

I'm gonna fancy Pakistan's chances simply because of South Africa's tendency to *cough*choke*cough* in Semi Final games (1992,1999, and 2007),

That's what I'm relying on for Pakistan to win the game anyway... South Africa choking :p

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
they didnt chok, they were unlucky!

i like SA, but i also want Pak to go to Final, it will be good for their cricket. and also the Indian fans will be jealous :D

Insomniac

Title Recipient
They'll choke based on past history :p

That's a logical enough reason for me... lol

We don't deserve to be in the semis though... all we really did was beat New Zealand. Oh well, one non-associate/minnow win is better than none :p

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
South Africa are in a really good form and I don't think Pakistan can win this but I hope I am wrong:upray

Mercules

Club Cricketer
South Africa seem to have quality in every department, with little weakness.

That said, I reckon Pakistan'll cause an upset, to comply with my prediction a while back,
Watch Pakistan scrape through this [Netherlands game] by the narrowest of margins then go on to win the whole damn thing.

tk421

School Cricketer
I can't see past SA for this - AB's been one of my players of the tournament so far...

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Right, well the Super 8's are done and dusted, time to move to this big game.

I'm gonna fancy Pakistan's chances simply because of South Africa's tendency to *cough*choke*cough* in Semi Final games (1992,1999, and 2007),

That's what I'm relying on for Pakistan to win the game anyway... South Africa choking :p

Don't forget the 2006 ICC Trophy against the West Indies in the Semi Finals.

It seems South Africa have Bad luck in Semi Finals

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
they didnt chok, they were unlucky!

i like SA, but i also want Pak to go to Final, it will be good for their cricket. and also the Indian fans will be jealous :D

I wont be! I wont mind it if Pakistan win here and go to the final. It would be actually good to see a Pakistan vs Sri Lanka final (although that would not be deserving since South Africa have been the best team of the competition and Pakistan have beaten only one big nation, New Zealand).

Justcrazy

Club Cricketer
Guys I'm Indian and I dont support Pakistan...but after long long time I have feeling that pakistan will win against SA this time not because SA will choke but they will reel under pressure of Afridi, Azmal and GUL....dangerous bowling...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Pakistan will be happy to have come this far. Even Younis said that he would be happy to finish in the final four. So even if they lose here, they and their fans should be happy enough. Also they have finished ahead of India and so thats something that their fans would rejoice.

If Pakistan go to the final, it will be a big bonus for them. But I dont see it happening if SA maintain the form.

Users who are viewing this thread