Semi Final 2 - Beijing Blitzers vs. Vatican Victors (Home and Away)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned

Semi Finals

33fg484.png
vs.
2yl379u.png

The Semi-Finals are upon us, and the second clash shall be against long-time rivals Vatican and Beijing! Placed 2nd and 3rd, both these sides had extremely mixed seasons, but ultimately did enough to win a spot in the semis, and a chance at lifting the PCPL Championship. Almost nothing separates these two teams, in terms of results, team quality, and passion, and in the end one feels the team that goes through to the finals will be the team that wants it the most. A season full of toil and shock victories for both these sides comes down to these two games, and it's impossible to predict who will win here. Beijing started with a bang before sizzling away, while Vatican have consistently fought for their spot in the top 4, scraping wins at crucial junctures. Beijing have been in a bad form slump and seem to be running out of the luck that saw them steal win after win at the first half of the season, while Vatican's lack of batting ability has often left their bowling to do a LOT of work. Both sides don't seem like worthy champions, but they certainly have the desire for it.

A coin will be tossed to decide which side plays at home first and which plays at away. Heads is Beijing, Tails is Vatican. I flip it, and...

it's tails! So Vaticans play host to the first leg of the tournament, and Beijing the second leg. Both matches to be played in this thread to save me the effort, cause I'm lazy.

Vatican choose the pitch type for the first leg
Pitch type in by 1:30 PM GMT 19/12/2009
Lineups in by 3 PM GMT 19/12/2009

Beijing choose the pitch type for the second leg
Pitch type in by 1:30 PM GMT 21/12/2009
Lineups in by 3 PM GMT 21/12/2009

Good Luck!

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh Boy, we have to win it. Cmon Victors, time to mobilize :mad:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So the classic rivals meet again. This time, it's very crucial. No doubts, we will put up everything we have to win this one. Com'on lads, lets do it. :)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Vatican choose Green pitch.

Kshitiz_Indian
Kapil Dev
gudduthemaster
shan111
sohum
blake
WORLD CHAMPIONS
Treva
Bob Massie
Abhas
Vince Van Der Bijl

We're going a batsman short again, but we'll see what happens. Bijl to get a 5-fer!

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Come one guys lets go and win this one.

Our line up-

Dean Jones
Romesh Kaluwithrana ( WK )
Pranav Pathak
Funknath
Shalin Hitter
Giggity Giggity
John Bracewell
Manee
Bladescape
Shantanu_Rooney
Surendar

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Come on guys we have played good cricket so far,and lets do it again. We have exceeded our expectations already, so we have nothing to lose here...

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
As Ali G would say: 'Big it up for the Vatican Massiv!'

First leg is crucial, if we win it I am confident we'll be playing in the final.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Come on guys we have played good cricket so far,and lets do it again. We have exceeded our expectations already, so we have nothing to lose here...
The one standing 7th in PCPL 2 is now in semies..:hpraise:hpraise
All this was only possible as Suren, Funky, Shan, Shalin grew confidence in all of the players and made us play well.
Tricks by Kalu made me hit a match winning knock.
So, We have exceeeeeded our expectations.
Nothing to lose even if we lost this.
But, at the same time, play with a desire to lift the championship.
Of course, I'm bit busy right now with Archana Vijaya:p:p in name of interview:p:p:laugh
But I'll come up all the way to Pope's Back Yard before 1 minute of the toss atleast:D:D

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Not to worry guys. We will just enjoy this game & whatever has to happen, let it happen. Lets not put ourselves in any sort of pressure. We will play just our natural game & do the basics right. It should be more than enough :)

Users who are viewing this thread