Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
David Warner gone .

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Watto will change gears now, I think.

----------

Can anyone tell me why David Hussey isn't playing the match? There is no point in letting such an excellent T20 player like Dussey cool his heels in the dressing room unless he is injured.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Watson and his swipes, Australia might just do it here.

----------

Watson dropped, and it's a six!

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Watto will change gears now, I think.

----------

Can anyone tell me why David Hussey isn't playing the match? There is no point in letting such an excellent T20 player like Dussey cool his heels in the dressing room unless he is injured.

David Hussey - Batting in International T20 matches
2011 - 6 matches batted 6 times average 13.50 sr 85.26
2012 - 6 matches batted 5 times average 17.80 sr 111.25

Not exactly figures to inspire a lot of confidence in the selectors to give him a place in the starting line-up.

Dropping David Hussey is hardly the outrageous act that everyone is making it out to be.

Sure, White and Bailey look out of form/place but they are a fair bit younger than David Hussey. White probably still has some credit as they know what he can do if he gets on a roll, and once Bailey was made skipper, he was cemented into the starting 11.

I'd much prefer that David Hussey was picked in place of Christian, but they obviously want more seam choices in the team now that they have prioritised having Maxwell in the 11.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Well pretty much all my worries about the balance and strength of AUS bowling attack were exposed by Windies batsmen.

AUS are just lucky, that for the majority of the chase the Warner/Watson came off and the windies bowling was horridly loose.

Inexperience in the bowling will come back to haunt them, as they continue face stronger teams and the middle-order will be tested if Watson and Warner don't fire.

----------

Not exactly figures to inspire a lot of confidence in the selectors to give him a place in the starting line-up.

Dropping David Hussey is hardly the outrageous act that everyone is making it out to be.

It certainly is outrageous. Given the way AUS schedule T20 internationals as basically exhibition 2 game affairs. Its very hard to properly gauge the form of any AUS t20 player internationally, especially when the team was doing bad for the faulty ranking system to place them below Ireland recently.

I'm sure if you check the stats of other regular AUS T20I players during the same period you would hardly find anyone with outstanding figures either.

While i'm fairly sure also Dussey form in domestic T20s during the same period has been solid. And, during the aforementioned period you listed is when he has cemented his place in the ODI playing many destructive innings.

Fact is - with Bailey illegitimately in the team, some major player/batsman was always going to miss out. I expected it to be White, but shockingly however it has been Dussey.

spooony

Club Captain

Sure, White and Bailey look out of form/place but they are a fair bit younger than David Hussey. White probably still has some credit as they know what he can do if he gets on a roll, and once Bailey was made skipper, he was cemented into the starting 11.

I'd much prefer that David Hussey was picked in place of Christian, but they obviously want more seam choices in the team now that they have prioritised having Maxwell in the 11.

White avg 14 in 2012.....

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Well pretty much all my worries about the balance and strength of AUS bowling attack were exposed by Windies batsmen.

AUS are just lucky, that for the majority of the chase the Warner/Watson came off and the windies bowling was horridly loose.

Inexperience in the bowling will come back to haunt them, as they continue face stronger teams and the middle-order will be tested if Watson and Warner don't fire.

----------

It certainly is outrageous. Given the way AUS schedule T20 internationals as basically exhibition 2 game affairs. Its very hard to properly gauge the form of any AUS t20 player internationally, especially when the team was doing bad for the faulty ranking system to place them below Ireland recently.

I'm sure if you check the stats of other regular AUS T20I players during the same period you would hardly find anyone with outstanding figures either.

While i'm fairly sure also Dussey form in domestic T20s during the same period has been solid. And, during the aforementioned period you listed is when he has cemented his place in the ODI playing many destructive innings.

Fact is - with Bailey illegitimately in the team, some major player/batsman was always going to miss out. I expected it to be White, but shockingly however it has been Dussey.

Bit it's not. It's half a dozen of one and six of the other.

Dropping ANY player due to poor form in that format can never be called outrageous. Picking George Bailey as skipper may be termed outrageous but not dropping someone else who hasn't been delivering.

From what you say, someone had to be dropped as the team has not been performing as a unit and I think Hussey was chosen because of mediocre form mixed with his age.

It's more troubling that Aaron Finch was junked from the T20 squad when he had actually done very well in his limited opportunities.

Bilalshuja

Club Captain
West Indians bowler failed , They should have to keep it tighter but they used to do attack bowling. We saw this from Edwards he was totally going attacking.
Well played Aussies. :cheers

spooony

Club Captain
And D/L in T20 is a big fail. Not saying Australia won cause of it cause rain or not they would have knocked that total off. But if you look at the charts for D/L I see a disaster somewhere down the line with it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Bit it's not. It's half a dozen of one and six of the other.

Dropping ANY player due to poor form in that format can never be called outrageous. Picking George Bailey as skipper may be termed outrageous but not dropping someone else who hasn't been delivering.

From what you say, someone had to be dropped as the team has not been performing as a unit and I think Hussey was chosen because of mediocre form mixed with his age.

It's more troubling that Aaron Finch was junked from the T20 squad when he had actually done very well in his limited opportunities.

Its not that their aren't performing as a unit. AUS selections in t20 ever since the first world cup in 2007. Also with the fact that the fixtures for AUS in t20s are very exhibition like at the best of times.

Combine these two things and as i said, i don't know how any selector can single out Dussey to be drop. I'm sure if we check the stats for every Australia t20 and player in the period you mentioned 2011 and 2012 - hardly anyone would have fantastic stats.

I'm fairly confident if sane selection policy had occurred from the start and Bailey was not thrown in as captain - Dussey would have started this tournament.

Finch also should certainly been in the squad as the back-up batsman without a shadow of a doubt. His exclusion once more is owed to Bailey's presence.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Was expecting this.
WI were tooooo Over confidence and getting the first time after a long time Favorite of the Tournament.

WI always have good team on Paper in Many tournament in the Past when B Lara was Captain. they always Failed in the game.

Yes people may say Aussie got luck. but even if the Rain didnt fall Aussie for me would of win.
right now WI have to stay Focus and dont let Ireland beat them. We dont want a Repeat of the first t20 world cup. Making a massive Score and getting beat by south Africa and then fell to Bangladesh.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Dave Hussey was struggling in ODIs these last few months too, so to blame his dropping on random T20I scheduling isn't correct. Bailey would have outscored Dave in international cricket in the last 6 months no trouble at all. Same form problems have been there for Wade (and lesser extent: Warner), who has been in very ordinary form in the overseas international tours: WI, Eng, UAE.

Inexperience in the bowling will come back to haunt them, as they continue face stronger teams and the middle-order will be tested if Watson and Warner don't fire..

Quite right. The stars really need to align for Australia to defend well because they have ZERO depth in bowling. First, Watson/Cummins/Starc must get through scot free, and preferably must take 3-4 wickets between them. Thank Christ for Watson...without him I dread to think what our team would look like. Anyway...If one or 2 those good bowlers get hammered, the backup bowlers aren't good enough. Hogg needs to be bowling at someone who can't pick him. And Christian needs to rely on batsmen continually underestimating him, or they can take him apart pretty easily.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Dave Hussey was struggling in ODIs these last few months too, so to blame his dropping on random T20I scheduling isn't correct. Bailey would have outscored Dave in international cricket in the last 6 months no trouble at all. Same form problems have been there for Wade (and lesser extent: Warner), who has been in very ordinary form in the overseas international tours: WI, Eng, UAE.

No, not really. Dussey specifically struggled in the UAE, like the majority of the aussie bats, who couldn't handle Ajmal and the pak spinners in those conditions.

When he promoted in the final ODI vs Pakistan and open and scored the quickfire 43, he looked quite normal.

Otherwise Dussey form in 2012 up until the ODIs in England was solid as usual.

Bailey averages 40 this year, while Dussey averages like 34 in ODIs. If as i mentioned above, you check Dussey's stats up to the England tour, his average was around 39. So that's not much of difference.

Warner and Wade have indeed been patchy, but they are the best we have and a worth persisting with. More consistency from them to me is not too far away.

Users who are viewing this thread