T20 World Cup 2012

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it just seems that the first few twenty20 world champs went so well because the ICC thought, "we don't really care too much about how this goes, lets just see what happens." and now the format has taken off thanks to the domestic tournaments and those previous world championships being a success they've started doing their typical meddling. trying to ensure they get the matches they want and the teams progressing as they think they should and it's ruined the spontaneity and and unpredictability. ironically the two hallmarks of twenty20 that makes it worth watching.

the super over is a nonsense, and the initial group stage was dull. fair enough the tournament did take off in the super 8 stage but I still think the ICC would be better taking a "less is more" approach.

S

Satan666

the super over is a nonsense, and the initial group stage was dull. fair enough the tournament did take off in the super 8 stage but I still think the ICC would be better taking a "less is more" approach.

In place of the super over what you rather have? I think its fair and effective.

In the ODI cups the group stages are similar, its not like all the associates are placed in a group by themselves! Why have T20 Cups different? We should change the set up of the ODI cup as well then!

If the ICC dont run the competition who or which board you rather run it? After all the ICC are the governing body of the game so you rather have a rebel world cup?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
In place of the super over what you rather have? I think its fair and effective.

What's wrong with tie? If both teams are equal over the course of 40 overs, then the points should be shared. The shorter you make the game the greater the random element that comes into it, and even 40 overs is pretty short compared to 100 overs in ODIs and 450 overs in Tests.

Like I said in another thread:

"I think they're trying to make it like the American sports where there's always a winner, but I've got no idea why considering like 1/4 -> 1/3 of Tests finish without a result. Surely they should be looking at ways of getting more results there, instead of worrying about like 3% of T20Is. Also they just have to look at the most successful sport in the world Football/Soccer, where they only go to these lotteries in knockout matches."

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^what about in a Semi Final. No point sharing a point.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Yep exactly. I don't mind having ties in the group stages, but you need something to break the tie in the sudden death games and a super over is a pretty exciting way of doing it, and as good a way as any to decide a winner in 10 minutes.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
^what about in a Semi Final. No point sharing a point.

Well he does say:

"I think they're trying to make it like the American sports where there's always a winner, but I've got no idea why considering like 1/4 -> 1/3 of Tests finish without a result. Surely they should be looking at ways of getting more results there, instead of worrying about like 3% of T20Is. Also they just have to look at the most successful sport in the world Football/Soccer, where they only go to these lotteries in knockout matches."

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The Kiwi coach did have a point there. Why force a result in a non-elimination game ? Had the ICC forced a result in the tied ODI between India and England, the result of the World Cup 2011 would have changed. The Super Over innovation has certainly changed the face of the game and brought in more spectators, but use it when needed and not always.

Like in football, even a tied game is allowed to remain so unless it is an elimination game. There is no point in having a penalty shoot-out at the end of every tied game.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I agree a tie should be tie unless its an elimination game like Semifinals and finals for both T20 and ODIs.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
And as the World Cup comes to an end, the West Indies clinch the title, the unexpected team, what a game. After the first 6 overs the most boring t20 game turned in to one of the, one of the most entertaining one. Well played to Gayle for getting them this far, Narine for the magic which even Sri Lankan couldn't pick with all the practise they have with Murali and Mendis and Herath. Sri Lankan are chokers just like South Africa

spooony

Club Captain
How about T20 20 overs a side 2 innings per side. At least give a side a 2nd chance as bit of luck or lack of it can destroy your chances and really no time to recover. Just a thought

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
How about T20 20 overs a side 2 innings per side. At least give a side a 2nd chance as bit of luck or lack of it can destroy your chances and really no time to recover. Just a thought

That defeats the aim of T20, it is supposed to be quick. Watch the game and continue with your day. That will take longer and them talent comes in to the game. A lot of people who play this genre of cricket have no talent whatsoever, hence why they play t20

spooony

Club Captain
That defeats the aim of T20, it is supposed to be quick. Watch the game and continue with your day. That will take longer and them talent comes in to the game. A lot of people who play this genre of cricket have no talent whatsoever, hence why they play t20

Well it is quick. Still shorter than a 50 over game. And its cricket what happens one side goes for 80 all out and other team chase it down in less than 10 overs. 1 and a half hour match where spectators payed for entertainment for 6 hours of cricket.

T20 has nothing to do with time but entertainment. 40 overs of slogging is entertainment ain't it?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
T20 has nothing to do with time but entertainment. 40 overs of slogging is entertainment ain't it?
It won't be same sort of slogging isn't it? The first half will be dull. Similar thing Aussies tried domestically and it fell apart. Seemed actually pretty stupid.

spooony

Club Captain
It won't be same sort of slogging isn't it? The first half will be dull. Similar thing Aussies tried domestically and it fell apart. Seemed actually pretty stupid.

How will it be dull? You score dull first half I score 80 more you need to to erase that 80 first in your last 20 and set a target. Don't think it will be dull

Users who are viewing this thread