T20 World Cup 2012

S

Satan666

Yadav is medium paced, not fast I like the balance in the Indian squad and I agree the Lankan pitches require the guys like Balaji who cna take the pace off. Three spinners is good but India dont have three quality spinners on offer so heading down this route will be suicidal.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Why India is using three medium pacers? There is no point to have 3 medium pacers when none of them can bowl well. India should have 2 regular spinners plus 2 medium pacers. They can even try 3 spinners, 1 medium pacer because grounds are quite large.

Because all our part-timers(except Kohli) are spinners.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Yadav will be too expensive in T20's. On Sri Lankan wickets, you need people who can take the pace off the ball and force batsmen to give the power if they want to beat the hell out of the ball. Yadav gives more pace, which will play into the hands of the batsmen. He is not express pace to trouble batsmen with his pace.

Varun Aaron? he got the fastest delivery by an Indian of 95 did ishant sharma broke that ?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Varun Aaron? he got the fastest delivery by an Indian of 95 did ishant sharma broke that ?

Varun Aaron is brilliant bowler in death overs but he is injured right now and that is why we need someone like Umesh Yadav to add variety in this one pace attack. People are saying Ashok Dinda is fast but he is not actually fast, he is just skiddy which is why batsman thinks he is fast. Yadav is someone with raw pace who will push the batsman on back foot and you need someone like that in your bowling.

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not as impressed with Mendis as everyone else is. Hes done this his whole career (ripping through the minnows) and is the only reason his stats look half decent.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Tournament has already been starter and we are still playing warm ups.
Seriously wasn't a positive approach by England against us today.Even Sami went for just 18 in 3 :p

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
tomorrow will actually feel like the tournament has started for me. lots of mismatch games in these first few days which hasn't been great fun.

bangladesh v NZ should be interesting, it's the first match with at least some level of uncertainty around the result, and england versus afghanistan is one game where we might see a fairytail upset (particularly as england seem to enjoy handing out upset fairytail results to minnows)

and yes, the scheduling is weird. zimbabwe's fate could be sealed today, all before West indies, pakistan, england, bangladesh and new zealand have even played a game.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I think they've done that on purpose, kill the minnows before they even get going. :D

spooony

Club Captain
Interesting little fact. Zimbabwe get out to bowlers who's surname start with a M and India to ones starting with Z.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
And to think that I was disappointed that more minnows weren't included - Holland, Kenya etc. Agree that they should've put a few more superpower matches early on, just to make them a bit more nervous after a loss rather than getting these early hit outs.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think England losing was a good thing for them because they are now in an easier group for the super 8s.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think England losing was a good thing for them because they are now in an easier group for the super 8s.

Even if they won today against India, they would have been in the same easier group. Its because their Super eight placing is based on their pre-tournament seeding, and they are seeded above India in the group.

Users who are viewing this thread