Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well played Kamran .:thumbs

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Dhoni has just hinted at 4 bowlers for the rest of the tournament, how one can even say that after being assaulted with 5 is beyond me, Dhoni oh Dhoni.

Now that I think about it, what's the point really, when your 5 bowlers are only as good as your part-timers you might as well play 4 bowlers and go in with an extra batsman.

spooony

Club Captain
Those gravel tracks in Sri Lanka not helping part timers so much.

Anyone know a couple of FAntasy T20 league codes?

Last edited:

sattar

Club Captain
Good win but its only positive is confidence going into world cup and 1 more positive beat india is a special thing despite being a warmup match. but still lot to prove in our batting.bowling is still fine this was an full batting pitch so feeling hopefull going in world cup

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India need to work quickly on their strategy because they are going to play most of their games in this very same ground where they got a pasting today.

Can't believe I am seeing Balaji being made fun of here. Irfan's ECO was bigger than Balaji today. Last match, Irfan picked 5, Balaji picked 3 and it was against Sri Lanka (not some small team). Barring Ashwin, everyone else was absolute tripe today (I was surprised that Ashwin came up good today despite having a tough time in ODI's and T20's in recent times)

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
very ordinary bowling performance from india expect ashwin who was superb today. We need to work on it lot on bowling now as after posting big total on board we couldn't defend it :noway

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Now that I think about it, what's the point really, when your 5 bowlers are only as good as your part-timers you might as well play 4 bowlers and go in with an extra batsman.

Dhonis thought process. I think Sharma would have been more aggressive in a real game, but he was trying to get himself in. With the batting India has got, you would expect more slogging

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Can't believe I am seeing Balaji being made fun of here. Irfan's ECO was bigger than Balaji today. Last match, Irfan picked 5, Balaji picked 3 and it was against Sri Lanka (not some small team).

TBH I am still surprised about How Balaji made into the team. I heard Srikanth saying that he is there because of our poor death bowling but what difference is he making? He doesn't have enough pace, doesn't bowl yorkers and he is too predictable with his full outside off stump line. As I mentioned in my last post that Irfan is a hit or miss kind of bowler now. He either does really well or gets hammered. He did well against Sri Lanka by taking 5 wickets but today he was looking very rusty. Zahher has also been out of touch lately and has been expensive. So I am not blaming one particular player, rather it's our whole fast bowling department who needs to step up if we want to win the tournament. It doesn't mean that I don't trust them because these are the bowlers who have played India for so long but they have to really think something regarding death bowling.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What astonishes me the most is India's reluctance to play Yadav instead of slowish medium pacer Balaji who is nothing special. Yadav's pace will be an asset on docile wickets expected in this tournament. Zaheer, Irfan and Balaji are all medium pacers. You need something different when batsmen are looking to slog everything.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, Umesh Yadav is such a potential. And, surely the leader of the pace attack in future. We definitely can't have Irfan and Bala playing together on these pitches. I'll go with Irfan because he gives that extra batting option. His bowling still is a worry, he can go hot and cold. So, yeah Yadav has to be there!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yadav will be too expensive in T20's. On Sri Lankan wickets, you need people who can take the pace off the ball and force batsmen to give the power if they want to beat the hell out of the ball. Yadav gives more pace, which will play into the hands of the batsmen. He is not express pace to trouble batsmen with his pace.

I would pick Balaji who bowled exceedingly well in the IPL recently for KKR. Both Irfan and Balaji had a terrible game against Pakistan. I would play both Irfan and Balaji and not play Zaheer. Irfan, Balaji and Dinda can be the three bowlers, with Ashwin being the fourth bowler followed by the part timers Yuvraj, Raina, Rohit, Sehwag.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why India is using three medium pacers? There is no point to have 3 medium pacers when none of them can bowl well. India should have 2 regular spinners plus 2 medium pacers. They can even try 3 spinners, 1 medium pacer because grounds are quite large.

Users who are viewing this thread