T20 World Cup 2012

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Varun Aaron is brilliant bowler in death overs but he is injured right now and that is why we need someone like Umesh Yadav to add variety in this one pace attack. People are saying Ashok Dinda is fast but he is not actually fast, he is just skiddy which is why batsman thinks he is fast. Yadav is someone with raw pace who will push the batsman on back foot and you need someone like that in your bowling.

Regardless of the speed of the ball when it leaves the bowler's hand, air resistance causes the ball to slow down by about 12% by the time it lands on the pitch.

It slows down by another 30% or 40% when it hits the pitch, depending on the speed of the pitch and the angle of incidence. A ball bowled at 150 km/hr will arrive 0.46 s later at the batter's end, travelling at about 85 km/hr.

So you need a quick track to actually benefit from the sheer pace. Unfortunately the more clay in the pitch, and the more compacted the soil, the firmer, faster and bouncier it is, with the bounce tending to be even.

This is why Australian and South African pitches tend to be so speedy. There is more sand and organic matter and less moisture in subcontinental pitches, which is why they tend to be slower and to crumble more easily.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^You are absolutely right about the pitches decelerating and thus negating extra pace of the delivery but what about deliveries bowled at 125-130 KPH that most indian pacers bowl at. They must reach the batsmen at 60 KPH and be a lot easier to hit. Also great bowlers like Waseem, Waqar and Shoaib who bowled a lot and quite successfully, on these very pitches, negated the negative effects of docile pitches by bowling at the toes of batsmen. In T20 cricket bowling good yorkers is a much viable option then bowling line and length. Extra pace is always handy when you look to bowl yorkers.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I am not able understand this grouping of Super Eight.it was supposed to be A1 v B2 v C1 v D2.So Ind,WI,SA,NZL should be in one group if Pak win today.But everybody is saying(Including espn) that Ind,Aus,SA,Pak would be in same group.Can Anybody Explain?

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The teams were pre-seeded, to allow people to plan in advance where and when the super eight matches they wanted to see were going to be. Because of that the four teams to win both of their pool matches are all in the same super eight group, assuming Pak beat Bang tonight. In other words the ICC are total idiots, and don't have any idea how to plan a major tournament.

spooony

Club Captain
^You are absolutely right about the pitches decelerating and thus negating extra pace of the delivery but what about deliveries bowled at 125-130 KPH that most indian pacers bowl at. They must reach the batsmen at 60 KPH and be a lot easier to hit. Also great bowlers like Waseem, Waqar and Shoaib who bowled a lot and quite successfully, on these very pitches, negated the negative effects of docile pitches by bowling at the toes of batsmen. In T20 cricket bowling good yorkers is a much viable option then bowling line and length. Extra pace is always handy when you look to bowl yorkers.

Because the first thing a Pakistani kid learns is how to make the ball move through the air and the secrets behind it. Pakistan pitches have lower bounce than Indian pitches. They use different draining and though the weather conditions might be more or less the same grass is another fuzzy customer. When your talking about weather conditions concering the types of grass used then it gets put in the Micro climate conditions. That more or less becomes a day and night difference. Grass types used in Pakistan will have trouble growing in India and other way around.

Also you got to look at the role models etc etc. Indians and most of the sub continant fans are very passionate about their cricket. Unlike in England, Australia and NZ as well as South Africa we will love cricket but will have that same love for Rugby or Aussie rules or whatever. So a great cricketer gets forgotten after a couple of years. But in lets say India that do not happen. Even cricketers from other nations long forgotten by their own will visit India and will be surprised about people walking up to them from the airport everywhere like if they were still playing. They do not forget cricketers.

So when the kids grow up they all want to be a Sachin or a Kumble, Singh or who ever. Unfortunately kids these days do not want to be a Srinath or Prabakhar as they grew up out of their era. No one is going to try and bowl 140km/h full length reverse swinging deliveries as they grow up they played on pitches which is slow. Also that is one of the reason why a lot of the sub continant players have that elegant sexy batting styles which they use a lot of wrist movement and flicks etc etc. So you might lose one but you do get some batsman with lovely technique on the other hand. Amla is also such a player but you can clearly see where the influence comes from.

Also humidity will also play a part. Especially around coastal areas with hot water. Another thing that can play a part is the pitches used at schools and which kids plays on. When I was at school some schools at a congete slab with rubber about 6 to 7cm thick over it. Now you can imagine how the ball takes of when it hits the pitch. Other schools just used a green mat. You roll it in the middle of the rugby field and where ever there is a whole or a soft part in the grass underneath the ball will not get up at all. So you have to look at that and the pitches the kids grow up on.

Also I like to know if there is players from certain regions from a country that fans do not like. Why I am asking this I was watching a online stream some years ago I think India was playing against Sri Lanka and Dhoni just started to establish himself in the team. Now the stream there was a user chat where most of the guys were from Inda and they alll went OUT OUT OUT almost every ball bowled to Dhoni. They were like wishing him out more than the opposition did. Off course he was over 80 not out at the end of the days play. I was amazed by this and always wonder why some players no matter how good they perform are not liked by fans. Especially India.

puneet28

Club Captain
Meanwhile I miss India's Lucky mascot Ravi Shastri is not in commentary panel. He used to do commentary on each big occasion whether it Natwest Trophy 2002, ICC WT20 2007, CB Series 2008, Yuvi's six sixes, and CWC 2011.:lol

Anjula

Club Captain
Not as impressed with Mendis as everyone else is. Hes done this his whole career (ripping through the minnows) and is the only reason his stats look half decent.

Joking right?
His previous best was against Australia, 6-18
And he hardly plays against Minnows,
All of this earliar good performances was against good sides

spooony

Club Captain
Meanwhile I miss India's Lucky mascot Ravi Shastri is not in commentary panel. He used to do commentary on each big occasion whether it Natwest Trophy 2002, ICC WT20 2007, CB Series 2008, Yuvi's six sixes, and CWC 2011.:lol

Where was he with Amla's 300?

Shaharyar

Chairman of Selectors

He was there when India lost all the matches in England in 2011,India lost to Australia in both Vodafone & Commonwealth Bank series also he was there when India lost to Bangladesh in Asia Cup 2012.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The teams were pre-seeded, to allow people to plan in advance where and when the super eight matches they wanted to see were going to be. Because of that the four teams to win both of their pool matches are all in the same super eight group, assuming Pak beat Bang tonight. In other words the ICC are total idiots, and don't have any idea how to plan a major tournament.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to make the Super Eights seeded. It gives the fans the chance to plan a trip to follow their team. With the 3 teams per group it was almost certain that the Test nations would go through anyway. It might not have mattered too much in Sri Lanka but if it was in, say, the West Indies then the seeded places are very sensible.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I think it is perfectly reasonable to make the Super Eights seeded. It gives the fans the chance to plan a trip to follow their team. With the 3 teams per group it was almost certain that the Test nations would go through anyway. It might not have mattered too much in Sri Lanka but if it was in, say, the West Indies then the seeded places are very sensible.

I disagree, there should never come a time where we have 1 group harder/easier than the other, it should be equal and the only way that can be done is by putting together two table toppers and two second placers.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors

It's a meant to be a World Cup, hence teams should be seeded on their performance in the pool stage/at the world cup, otherwise what was the point in that first week? As a result of this, India have been knocked out after winning 4/5 games, while the West Indies are heading into the semis after winning 2/4.5. If we had won that super over against the WI, we would've been heading into the semis after winning 2/5 games. The flaws far out way the positive of allowing people to plan their trip.

Users who are viewing this thread