Servers down, time to get rid of them

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
:lol Don't blame me! Gimme five I'll see what I can suggest. I've had many issues recently and managed to recover stuff most of the time.
Yeah I'm not sure other than just download them all again and reassign. I started the England/India tour and I'm on the 4th test but I guess that will be ruined now after this as the game will be played at SCG now. f'me

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'd start by backing up everything in:

Documents > My Games > Cricket 19

One thing I've done in the past is search my entire drive for the names of stuff (e.g. academydata, leveldata) and it has shown up in a Steam folder - if not the most recent versions than a fairly recent version. I was able to restore things that had been overwritten. Take note of the Date modified.

Another issue I had was Steam automatically turning on Cloud data. That overwrites everything if you, like me, were to use a second PC for the same account. You can turn that off in Properties in Steam.

ANOTHER issue (this is from migrating to a new PC) was Microsoft Drive constantly creating new stuff.

There were multiple versions of each file in the My Games folders. I was able to delete some of these - where things had been wiped or overwritten with my alternative/retro profile - and restore my academy stuff.

If you go back to the Cricket 19 folder in My Games you can go into each one. I would suggest seeing if any new files have been created. I've ended up with multiple versions of LevelData or AcademyData in the Profile folder.

This is what my Levels folder currently looks like. Levels is where Stadiums are stored.
level.png

As I understand it - there will be a .SAV file and a .BAK for each one. It could be that he .BAK is an older date, so you could try deleting the .SAV (but don't forget that you should have backed the folder up). EDIT - deleting the .sav and renaming the .SaV.BAK to .SAV might work.

Don't know if these suggestions will help. Like I say, I've had issues and then through trial and error managed to restore things - if not to the exact state they were in then to a slightly earlier state.

Generally, if you're on PC - even though it's a pain in the arse - I'd always keep a back up of the Cricket 19 folder after any major creations or downloads.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
I'd start by backing up everything in:

Documents > My Games > Cricket 19

One thing I've done in the past is search my entire drive for the names of stuff (e.g. academydata, leveldata) and it has shown up in a Steam folder - if not the most recent versions than a fairly recent version. I was able to restore things that had been overwritten. Take note of the Date modified.

Another issue I had was Steam automatically turning on Cloud data. That overwrites everything if you, like me, were to use a second PC for the same account. You can turn that off in Properties in Steam.

ANOTHER issue (this is from migrating to a new PC) was Microsoft Drive constantly creating new stuff.

There were multiple versions of each file in the My Games folders. I was able to delete some of these - where things had been wiped or overwritten with my alternative/retro profile - and restore my academy stuff.

If you go back to the Cricket 19 folder in My Games you can go into each one. I would suggest seeing if any new files have been created. I've ended up with multiple versions of LevelData or AcademyData in the Profile folder.

This is what my Levels folder currently looks like. Levels is where Stadiums are stored.
View attachment 244452

As I understand it - there will be a .SAV file and a .BAK for each one. It could be that he .BAK is an older date, so you could try deleting the .SAV (but don't forget that you should have backed the folder up). EDIT - deleting the .sav and renaming the .SaV.BAK to .SAV might work.

Don't know if these suggestions will help. Like I say, I've had issues and then through trial and error managed to restore things - if not to the exact state they were in then to a slightly earlier state.

Generally, if you're on PC - even though it's a pain in the arse - I'd always keep a back up of the Cricket 19 folder after any major creations or downloads.
Cool thanks for the info, I'll look into after I make my coffee.

Yeah it was one reason I started uploading everything I made too. Seems at least it's safe there too. At worst I can get them off the BA server. But yeah, certainly a pain.

My other guess is that maybe I had "too many" custom stadiums after downloading your SL team and the game didn't know what to do so it puked.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Cool thanks for the info, I'll look into after I make my coffee.

Yeah it was one reason I started uploading everything I made too. Seems at least it's safe there too. At worst I can get them off the BA server. But yeah, certainly a pain.
Yeah, if you've shared them they'll be safe. But I'd much rather have a local back up than have to download everything again.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:lol Don't blame me! Gimme five I'll see what I can suggest. I've had many issues recently and managed to recover stuff most of the time.
New username suggestion: wasteyourcricket19.

Opiam

School Cricketer
So pissed off right now that I can play because of these stupid servers. Very frustrating.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
So pissed off right now that I can play because of these stupid servers. Very frustrating.
It must be, I've seen posts from people buying the game very recently too, within the last week and are experiencing this.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Possibly servers are overloaded due to game being on gamepass both xbox and pc.
Could be, they've been pretty bad though for the last six weeks. Prior to that these disruptions were once in a blue moon. Just be nice to hear some communication from BA about it. Just so we at least know what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread